Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ease My Pain........please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

I know exactly how you guys feel, and then some!

I ordered my 545 SMG (all sports options) on 29th April, production in July, delivery beginning September. A full 4.5 months, or half a pregnancy.

To add to this long wait, the guy who's buying my 3.0 5spd X5 is picking it up on June 1, and my daily driver is a real shit-piece!

So I have 3 months driving around in a crapper! But at the end of the day, the wait makes it all worthwhile.....hopefully!!

Old 05-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Members

Four and a half months!!!! Oh, no....I sure hope I don't have to wait that long - I ordered on April 29th also - but not the SMG version of the 545i
Old 05-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Contributors

What I Have Gleaned:-

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>IT IS WELL WORTH THE WAIT !!
</span>

If its any consolation, I waited 6 months for my 330 CiCsport and it was worth it as well

Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Members

My dealer found a car with my exact option selection/color/etc arriving at the L.A. port a couple of days after I had submitted my option choices. I had it within a week.

I feel your pain, though. I probably would not have waited 4.5 months. I have been checking out pre-owned E39 M-5's that I could have purchased for the same money and probably would have.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='May 5 2004, 01:55 PM
jonboy, if you want to prevent the swelling, just think of the resale value of all those nice options you added.....that'll soon shrink it!
oh god - you're right!!!!

jonboy

Old 05-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Guest_Rayc

Hey Doctor Diesel!

Here's one to keep you happy!

Did Northampton to Dover today in my 530D. 42.8 mpg at 70 ish!

Extremely impressed with the car!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Contributors

WOW

Especially as we Brits are soon going to be well over the $7 a gallon mark!

I guess thats why we love the diesel,..........absolutely nothing to do with the 50 Nm extra torque over the 545!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:46 PM
sj3
Senior Members

OMG! The wait is almost over!! 10:30 EDT tomorror, Friday, at the dealer for pickup/paper signing. I could use some medication about now!! I sure hope everything goes perfectly. There were really nice today at the dealer because my consultant was off today and the car arrived last night from the VPC (it appears it was there for less than 24 hours, which is pretty fast from what I've been reading). Anyway, one of the other guys checked on things and made sure my dealer prep was completed today. I'm not sure if there's any interest in pics or not, since we all know what she looks like! Let me know, please. I'm going to try and go earlier tomorrow, since they open at 9:30 and my salesman should be there around 9. I wish I had his cell phone #! I was going to go over this afternoon to take a look at her (the car that is; salesman is a guy!), but decided not to. Wish me luck; I sure hope everything goes perfectly, but we never know, unfortunately.

Sam

P.S. The basic timeline was:

Ordered: 2/17
Production Start: 4/13
Production Complete: 4/21
Sailed: 4/29
Arrived NY VPC: 5/11
At Dealer (40 min. from VPC): 5/12 (how did they do that!?)
Old 05-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Members

Oh man, what you just described, that day for me is very very near, CANNOT WAIT.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:41 PM
DrT
Members

Dear Doctor Diesel,

It's a sad fact of life - the better the option spec, the longer the wait. You get to pay twice (time and money) but enjoy more later. I'm now at the end of a 7 week wait - I spent half the time away on business and the rest laying a new lawn (a pennance from my wife, hello dear ). I go and sign up the finance today and get delivery (525iSE) Wednesday (even a chance that Doncaster DC got their arses in gear and I get to see the baby later already).

I also used this forum as a way of sitting out the wait. I can't wait to get rid of the pool car I've been assigned for the last 7 weeks. It was my second pennance (basic Passat saloon on a 1.9TDi). In the meantime, if you want a real laugh, goto the Roadfly board - there they discuss whether or not one has to double clutch on a manual BMW, and how to open the rear nearside passenger window while turning left and simultaneously trying to pair their Bluetooth phone again.

Keep smiling and doubt nothing about your option list. "Sey UUU, Johnny"

DrT (real name Tim, for spying guests)

Quick Reply: Ease My Pain........please