Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ease My Pain........please

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am easing my wait by periodically swithering about my options and always coming back to what I settled on. I go for occasional "fixes" at my dealer and am turning my mind now to sourcing info on the 1 series as I've pre-ordered a 120 diesel for my wife.

By the way, are you in human mechanics like me, I used the DocT name on the mini2 board but felt like a change for the E60 board. (I'm a gp and my surname begins with T!)

John

p.s.

Anyone know if there is a 1 series board???
Old 05-14-2004, 12:04 AM
DrT
Members

No, but I was in Medical Research originally at Christie's. Got the DrT handle given to me, years before Richard Gere starred in a film of the same name about a gynaecologist with some attitude or fetish -can't remember which Now some people still look at my rather strangely........

Amazing parallels with you, sir - my wife is also thinking of replacing her Golf with a BMW 1er - but I haven't even seen a configurator let alone any true reviews of the same. I'll check out the German websites.

Cheers

DrT
Old 05-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Contributors

currently the mrs has a galaxy but with the kids getting a bit older, she wants a smaller car hence my swapping the cooper S for an E60 (really wanted a 997 but this avenue of pleasure was sealed off rather rapidly as she is fed up running a minibus and wants a small BMW so compromise was made and its going to be the 530d and a 120d, both auto/leather etc etc

I reckon with options, the 120 is going to be around the 20K? mark

DD
Old 05-14-2004, 01:21 AM
stu
Members

DrT and Doctor Diesel ... Hi!
my missus is interested in the 1 series too .. so it would be kind if you would publish your thoughts here as you get closer to ordering!
She did medicine in Sheffield and recently was an SHO (London) , but after the birth of our son is unsure about returning to hospital medicine thanks to the horrid pressures and hours. It looks like she will soon start flexible training as a GP . We are hoping that it will lead to a better work life balance!

By the way, sadly, she hated the E60 when we ordered it ( she wanted a Lexus RX 300 to accomodate the baby stuff!!). But after enjoying it for thousands of miles ( and watching petrol go up in price). She has even grown to like the Saphire Black and Auburn Dakota! I never thought that would happen .I think she has fallen in love with the diesel car too! I even overheard her telling a male friend about the torque of the engine and the grip of the wide 11 inch rear ( 124 style) tyres!!

Hi Ray C .. please post a couple of pics we'd love to see it!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='May 14 2004, 01:49 AM
Anyone know if there is a 1 series board???
I know there is one at Roadfly and I also have 1 Series board running myself but it isn't really used for the moment. If you are willing to start posting on it I am more than willing to share my knowledge about the 1 Series on it.

Here is the URL: BMW-Fanatics - 1 Series Board
Old 05-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Senior Members

hello everybody, nice to know there are a few owners-to-be here.
my 530i is a week away, i will look forward to sharing my experiences and hearing yours.
the bmw dealer here is in a brand new super tech complex, i understand the car will be presented on the top floor of the building overlooking the skyline and will travel down an elevator. how cool is that? this is the experience i am looking forward to. rollee
Old 05-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Contributors

Take a digicam......This I've got to see!

good luck and congratulations....I should get mine 5 weeks today !!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:46 AM
Members

I see an few people saying u can download the owners manual.

Anyone got a link for me please ?
Old 05-17-2004, 06:37 AM
DrT
Members

Second document in on //e60.doit.wisc.edu. All sorts of extra stuff there as well. That's how I originally found this site - Spy shots !
Old 05-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Members

Whoa rollee, you must indeed take pics. Approximately 1 week left here too

Quick Reply: Ease My Pain........please