Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ease My Pain........please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i totally understand the pain of waiting, im still waiting for mine, been 2 months exactly today from the date i ordered mine (March 5th). I should be getting mine pretty soon probably in half months time. As for the 545i Video i mentioned, i am trying to figure out a possible way for you guys to download it , as in like a ftp host, as soon as i figure it out, ill post the link here. You guys will love the video i gurantee since its so informational and eases the pain of wait alot .
Old 05-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Members

Doc-
I completely agree with you last post. I'm treating my Volvo S80 like a red-headed step child...constant high revs, stomping on the brakes, very late for an oil change, needs new brakes, haven't washed it in months, etc, etc. It treated me poorly so I'm seeking revenge...
Old 05-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Members

Doc,

Would love to help with pics for you my friend!

Unfortunately my 530d is silver with black leather!

I can only imagine your pain and suffering!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Dr D

My beaut is due 20th June so will have to wait EVEN LONGER THAN YOU......so stop complaining!!!!!

btw - I have a little irritation that gets inflamed everytime I think of Tara Palmer wotsher name - is there anyting you can do for me??

jonboy
Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Contributors

jonboy, if you want to prevent the swelling, just think of the resale value of all those nice options you added.....that'll soon shrink it!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Members

Doc-
I completely agree with you last post. I'm treating my Volvo S80 like a red-headed step child...constant high revs, stomping on the brakes, very late for an oil change, needs new brakes, haven't washed it in months, etc, etc. It treated me poorly so I'm seeking revenge
And i thought i was the only one doing this LOL, doing it to my Jeep Cherokee btw. Just lost respect for the suv after test driving the 5 series!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Members

Well, one way to ease the pain is shorten the waiting period by picking the car up in Munich. You could probably save a couple of weeks by avoiding the transportation time. And, you would have a nice road trip up to the Chunnel and on to Scotland. Do they have a factory deliver benefit for you folks? Planning your trip and getting ready for it will take your mind off the wait and think of the fun you will have! By the way, my last name is Wallace so I have some links to your country! Whatever you do, enjoy your new car!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Members

After feeling pretty cool about waiting, I casually passed my dealer yesterday to check whether they had any new information about the delivery date. They seemed to recall that a 530d had recently arrived and when we went out to check - it was my car!!! Of course I wanted to get it today or at the latest on friday to get a weekend of getting to know the car, but the answer was "no can do!". I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday next week, which feels pretty long at the moment...
Old 05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Contributors

BMWhobo, I trust you have seen braveheart....a great film in which your namesake achieves scots superstardom

No, bmw Uk doesn't offer factory collection, only mercedes in this country ....shame as it would be a nice roadtrip.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Members

My car arrived at the dealer over 2 months early, I brought delivery forward a month but it was still a long 6 week wait to get it after actually having sat in it

Quick Reply: Ease My Pain........please