Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ease My Pain........please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bury yourself in work .... it is now 9 weeks since I ordered and 3 weeks to go before estimated delivery and I am still alive and kicking thanks to the long working days and various BMW forums around the globe!!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Members

I have two weeks to go and I think I've gone completely over the edge. I believe this is due to the fact that my neighbor is the General Manager of the BMW dealership I purchased the car through and every night he drives home in the exact car/color I have ordered. I wake up every morning and see "my car" in his driveway. He can choose any car to drive home from the dealership and he chooses "my car". He's a good friend but is he trying to torment me?? He occasionally drives home in the 7 series or the new 6 but for the last month it's been "my car" entirely. It's the car I test drove and he keeps telling me to I can drive it anytime I want...I keep refraining because for some reason I thrive on the anticipation...do I have issues???
Old 05-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Members

Well, this thread is almost therapeutic - I have on order (orderd April 29th) a 545i, Titanium gray, gray leather interior, anthracite trim, premium sound package, cold weather package, sports package, active cruise control, PDC, navigation and HUD. Suddenly I have become 10 years old again - there's a new bike under the christmas tree and it's July!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

I found the 12 weeks of waiting to be both frustrating and amuzing.

The nice part was all the expectations and daydreams of how the car would be in real life.

As it turned out - it was just as good as I expected.

Maybe it?s like being pregnant!?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

for me, the waiting and anticipation makes the final reward of getting the car (or any thing) that much better. For those people who just stop by their dealer and pick up whatever is on their lot, they are missing out on the dreaming, the excitement and the contemplation of what will be.

I often make these kinds of choices and find that it actually enriches the buying experience in the end.

but it takes our type of obsession to find that enjoyable
Old 05-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Members

The best way to ease your pain would be to search and search for more information regarding the car, try find pictures+ VIDEOS, videos are simply the best, i have one video of a 545 which is about 13 mins long from some person nicknamed lovese60 on another forum. If you want , id be happy to send it to you. Also why not try reading the manual before getting the car, who wants to read the manual after you got it eh?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Members

I think we've started our own self-help group. "Hi, my name is Mark and I have a new 5 series on order." "Welcome, Mark"
Old 05-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Members

Matrix,

I was reading your message, and I would also like to see the video. Would you kindly send it to me.. hmm..

I have 545 on order ... production date of May/22 weeks.. I guess I have long way to go
thanks alot
Old 05-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Members

This thread is great!! As for the suggestion of reading the manual, I have read and re-read it. But I don't think it's a waste to time - I think the car has far more to offer than a "casual user" might discover with only a cursory read of the manual.

MaTRix - I, too, would love to see the video that you referenced.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Turning into a self-help group as previously said

how many of us "cane" our current car prior to trading it in......currently reving the nuts off my cooperS

thanks to all who contributed (EXCEPT PERHAPS NO-TITLE-NORMAL-MAN0 The troll)

Quick Reply: Ease My Pain........please