Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545i at the dealer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Sep 30 2004, 11:51 PM
Actually the car is in what's called the pre delivery room. All cars there are in fact ready for delivery...no access to general public. The showroom is on the other side of the building. My friend told me that's where he saw it when he went to see
it.
[snapback]39881[/snapback]
OK...
But don't forget when you complain, that they were driving it more than 60 Km's. The clock allways shows negative Km's when delivered to the dealer, so that they can testdrive it to make sure everything is fine and the customer receives it with a very few Km's on the clock!
If everything else is Ok with the car, take it, but get some freebies!! Like the wooden shifter and the handbrake.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

andy, the floor mats have a lot of foot prints as well :'(. not sure those are from your shoes or other people. if from other people, have them clean them and throw in the all weather rubber mats for free . also, if they can't give you an good explanation, talk to the gm. even if they can give you an good explanation, still ask for some compensations .
Old 09-30-2004, 02:53 PM
MEX
Senior Members

andy545 do you have any idea how come we didn't get any front cupholders? did you have it as an option?

enjoy the ride
Old 09-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by MEX' date='Oct 1 2004, 12:53 AM
andy545 do you have any idea how come we didn't get any front cupholders? did you have it as an option?

enjoy the ride?
[snapback]39902[/snapback]
Over here they are an option.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:13 PM
MEX
Senior Members

Over here they are an option.
great.. didn't know about that.. does anybody know if the can be retrofitted? i think i would use them
Old 09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Andy, I'm still wondering why it takes so long for them to deliver the car to you. They even have a "pre-delivery room" where they stack them all up?

Man, they're either moving more cars than anyone else in the world or they need to hire some more techs! My dealer will deliver a car sometimes the same day it arrives off the truck. If not the same day, surely they'd do it by the next day!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Rudy - I think that everyone in the dealership has to take a turn driving andy's car before they finally deliver it. Sorry, I think it is insane to have to wait so long. It appears to sitting on the showroom floor gathering dust. I hope they at least keep it locked so no one can come in off the street and climb in. 60 km is rediculous. I have not signed my final PO for my car which is supposed to be delivered via covered truck in 2 weeks. I will definitely state 3 miles or less on the PO and will send it back if it has much more than that. Andy -- make them throw in the extra's that Iceman talked about and threaten to trash their dealership on the WWW if they don't comply. As you may be able to tell, I'm tired of people taking advantage of nice guys like us.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Sep 30 2004, 11:49 PM
Rudy - I think that everyone in the dealership has to take a turn driving andy's car before they finally deliver it.
That's hilarious!?

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Sep 30 2004, 11:49 PM
I will definitely state 3 miles or less on the PO and will send it back if it has much more than that.
I think that three miles or less is a bit unrealistic. You should expect to see maybe ten or less for the average new BMW. Mine had around eight on it and I'm sure that nobody took it out for any joyrides...
Old 09-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Contributors

I think in the US they are more proned to getting your car in and out where here in Europe I have noticed it gets looked at when there is time available from appointments. It was the same with me and quite a few other folks on this forum. Everyone has priorities.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 1 2004, 01:16 AM
I think in the US they are more proned to getting your car in and out where here in Europe I have noticed it gets looked at when there is time available from appointments.? It was the same with me and quite a few other folks on this forum.? Everyone has priorities.
[snapback]40009[/snapback]
I got my car the day after it came in, only 5 miles on the odometer. My salesman even put the gas in it because he didn't want anyone else driving it.

By the way, did anyone see my comment about the window switch changes for MY2005, I didn't really notice anything different about them.

Quick Reply: 545i at the dealer!!!