The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

My wife wants to replace her 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi Silver Grey over Black Dakota with Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Comfort, NAV, Logic 7, Sirius, 18" 123s. Current: 2006 Lexus GX 470 2005 SLK 350 No Longer With Us: BMW 330xi; Mini Cooper S; Infiniti FX45; every Audi imaginable; various others

Originally Posted by arthurk' post='266158' date='Apr 7 2006, 07:03 PM
I have owned and driven a FX35 for 3 years and the only thing I would agree with you is that Lexus dominates the luxury market. Infiniti is catching up fast however. Comparing with the FX, the RX's inside cabin is more luxurious and after-sales service is better. But in terms of drivability, amount of gadgets and pricing the Infiniti dominates on every aspect. Appearance is subjective. All in all it's a good car and I'll pick that over Lexus RX any day.

Oh, and I don't have a single problem with the FX after 3 years of ownership.
Agreed!! To me, Infiniti is to Lexus as BMW is to MB.

Arthurk - May be a different thread, but how do you like your Auburn with the Silver Grey. I almost did that but chickened out and went with the save black leather.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by maninblack' post='265727' date='Apr 6 2006, 04:57 PM
A Prius consumes more than a large SUV Consumes more what? Come on, your going to have to back that statement up.
They produce more emissions indirectly in the end after they have been owned for several years.

Hybrids will dump huge batteries onto already taxed recycling centers... How do recycling centers recycle toxic battery chemicals? With huge amounts of energy. Where does America get this energy? From burning oil and coal...

I could go on and on, and I will if you want, but all I really have to say is...

Hybrids simply displace our pollution problem. - And in some cases make it worse...

"Hybrids Consume More Energy in Lifetime Than Chevrolet's Tahoe SUV"

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060331/sff031.html?.v=38, is one link to get you started...
Old 04-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by A2 BMW' post='266240' date='Apr 8 2006, 12:07 AM
Agreed!! To me, Infiniti is to Lexus as BMW is to MB.

Arthurk - May be a different thread, but how do you like your Auburn with the Silver Grey. I almost did that but chickened out and went with the save black leather.

My salesman recommended the Auburn and Silver Grey combo. I looked at one myself and loved it. The Auburn really stands out with Grey. It may not be for everyone though. Black with Silver Grey is a safe bet.

I'll fill you in with my impression once I get mine in May. Check out the members' gallery as there are quite a number of owners who picked the same combo.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by dantec' post='266288' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:11 AM
They produce more emissions indirectly in the end after they have been owned for several years.

Hybrids will dump huge batteries onto already taxed recycling centers... How do recycling centers recycle toxic battery chemicals? With huge amounts of energy. Where does America get this energy? From burning oil and coal...

I could go on and on, and I will if you want, but all I really have to say is...

Hybrids simply displace our pollution problem. - And in some cases make it worse...

"Hybrids Consume More Energy in Lifetime Than Chevrolet's Tahoe SUV"

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060331/sff031.html?.v=38, is one link to get you started...
The company publishing that so-called research, looks just a bit like a Detroit backed think-tank to me. Of course a Hummer H3 costs society less than a Honda Accord, hmm, sounds credible to me. I like the name of the guy too...Mr Art Spin-ella. Has to be a joke.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

Does anyone own a lexus in Canada or the USA, if so, do the dealers have room to move on their prices?

I'm assumming there is always room to move (when dealing with NA dealers) ...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by Canada545' post='267204' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:23 AM
Does anyone own a lexus in Canada or the USA, if so, do the dealers have room to move on their prices?

I'm assumming there is always room to move (when dealing with NA dealers) ...
I was in Lexus dealer over the weekend checking out IS series for my girlfriend. There is almost no room for negotiation on IS (around $800). But the sales told me I can get bigger discount if I am interested in RX or ES. I told him no, so I don't know what kind of the discount I can get.

I hope it helps you a little bit.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='267233' date='Apr 10 2006, 11:51 AM
I was in Lexus dealer over the weekend checking out IS series for my girlfriend. There is almost no room for negotiation on IS (around $800). But the sales told me I can get bigger discount if I am interested in RX or ES. I told him no, so I don't know what kind of the discount I can get.

I hope it helps you a little bit.
That does help ... he told me on the RX that he could "through" a few things in ... but no discount (which is a discount if you want those things )

I was just surprized to hear him say that he didn't have any room to move on the price
Old 04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='264907' date='Apr 5 2006, 03:58 PM
Sucks. Take an E61 awd and let her sit on a pillow if she wants to sit up higher
Old 04-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

just purchased the x5 3.0...for the wifey.... i got the chance to drive it up pch in malibu... and the suv handles well kinda like my 5... its bigger than what my wife normally drives... and she really didnt want it.... but now that she has had it for 4 days...she likes it alot and feels safer...im happy with the x5 an so is my wife..... the price of the suv was more than what we were initially looking at but its a bmw and thats what she wanted...ericd
Old 04-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='268028' date='Apr 12 2006, 02:42 AM
just purchased the x5 3.0...for the wifey.... i got the chance to drive it up pch in malibu... and the suv handles well kinda like my 5... its bigger than what my wife normally drives... and she really didnt want it.... but now that she has had it for 4 days...she likes it alot and feels safer...im happy with the x5 an so is my wife..... the price of the suv was more than what we were initially looking at but its a bmw and thats what she wanted...ericd
That's my thing also, the X5 (3.0 or 4.4) are priced a little high for the amount of km's/mile's she actually will be driving the thing.

The Lexus dealer told us that he would take $2,000 cdn off of the MSRP on an load RX350. I want another 1600 off, so we are in a holding patern right now.

Quick Reply: My wife wants to replace her 4Runner