The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

just finished my M45 sport test drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:38 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but if you truly think the M45's interior is of better quality than the E60 then I can only imagine you also prefer the dining experience at Pizza Hut over Morton's.
[snapback]162238[/snapback]
I never understand why people who came from texas or live in that area always have that cowboy self-center egoistic behavior.

You are like other rednecks from texas on the mbworld.org. Simply close minded and live in denial.

E60 interior is not good quality that is the truth. people don't buy BMW because the interior quality is nice. I hate to bust your bubble. The fact is that all japanese competition in this segment all has better interior quality, not to mention audi and Mercedes. Interior quality has never been a strong point of BMW until you go with M.

I had 3 BMW already, going on my 4th (2nd M5). I also had/have 4 MB, 2 lexus, 1 acura and one infiniti (all within last 5 years). I think i know more about interior quality than you.

The M45 is my 1st Inifiniti. Unlike previous nissan product, they did their homework this time around. The workmanship and interior material is one of the best in the class.

Your problem is simply that you are in denial. I love BMW. I love the way they drive. But I am not going to blindly say that the interior on the E60 or on any regular BMW is king of the class, when I know that is not the case. I give credit where it is due.

The simply fact is that M45's interior although busy, it's better than E60 in material and workmanship.

I fail to see stating the truth and be open minded has anything to do with dining preference. Moreover, I fail to see owning a 545i and dining at morton is a big deal. Perhaps in Dallas its a big deal to drive a 545i. In the valley, everyone is a millionaire easily and a lot of multi-millionaires. I don't see any of them has such a ego like you and other texas people i have met on the mbworld.org.

You cowboy needs to take a close look in the mirror. It's bad that we have a stubborn President already. There is not need for everyone from texas to act like a cowboy.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:36 PM
[quote name='DFWRaider' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:38 PM'] You are entitled to your opinion, but if you truly think the M45's interior is of better quality than the E60 then I can only imagine you also prefer the dining experience at Pizza Hut over Morton's.
I never understand why people who came from texas or live in that area always have that cowboy self-center egoistic behavior.

You are like other rednecks from texas on the mbworld.org. Simply close minded and live in denial.

E60 interior is not good quality that is the truth. people don't buy BMW because the interior quality is nice. I hate to bust your bubble. The fact is that all japanese competition in this segment all has better interior quality, not to mention audi and Mercedes. Interior quality has never been a strong point of BMW until you go with M.

I had 3 BMW already, going on my 4th (2nd M5). I also had/have 4 MB, 2 lexus, 1 acura and one infiniti (all within last 5 years). I think i know more about interior quality than you.

The M45 is my 1st Inifiniti. Unlike previous nissan product, they did their homework this time around. The workmanship and interior material is one of the best in the class.

Your problem is simply that you are in denial. I love BMW. I love the way they drive. But I am not going to blindly say that the interior on the E60 or on any regular BMW is king of the class, when I know that is not the case. I give credit where it is due.

The simply fact is that M45's interior although busy, it's better than E60 in material and workmanship.

I fail to see stating the truth and be open minded has anything to do with dining preference. Moreover, I fail to see owning a 545i and dining at morton is a big deal. Perhaps in Dallas its a big deal to drive a 545i. In the valley, everyone is a millionaire easily and a lot of multi-millionaires. I don't see any of them has such a ego like you and other texas people i have met on the mbworld.org.

You cowboy needs to take a close look in the mirror. It's bad that we have a stubborn President already. There is not need for everyone from texas to act like a cowboy.
[snapback]162304[/snapback]
[/quote]

This, krispykreme, is a pretty obnoxious post :thumbsdown: .
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:36 AM
[quote name='DFWRaider' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:38 PM'] You are entitled to your opinion, but if you truly think the M45's interior is of better quality than the E60 then I can only imagine you also prefer the dining experience at Pizza Hut over Morton's.

[snapback]162304[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just fyi, when you start namecalling and getting defensive, you've lost the argument. Based on your angry retort, it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of something instead of me or anyone else. The bottom line is that I disagree with you and you disagree with me, and it certainly isn't worth you getting enraged about. However, I am flattered that my opinion means enough to you that you would throw so much emotion into your response.

And we Texans have found over the years that the only people who have problems with our "big egos" are those that are small in other areas.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:28 PM
Just fyi, when you start namecalling and getting defensive, you've lost the argument.? Based on your angry retort, it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of something instead of me or anyone else.? The bottom line is that I disagree with you and you disagree with me, and it certainly isn't worth you getting enraged about.? However, I am flattered that my opinion means enough to you that you would throw so much emotion into your response.

And we Texans have found over the years that the only people who have problems with our "big egos" are those that are small in other areas.?
[snapback]162476[/snapback]
LOL! Ouch, what a great response DFW.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Members

Looks nice...but wouldn't trade for my e60.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Aug 23 2005, 10:28 AM
Just fyi, when you start namecalling and getting defensive, you've lost the argument.? Based on your angry retort, it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of something instead of me or anyone else.? The bottom line is that I disagree with you and you disagree with me, and it certainly isn't worth you getting enraged about.? However, I am flattered that my opinion means enough to you that you would throw so much emotion into your response.

And we Texans have found over the years that the only people who have problems with our "big egos" are those that are small in other areas.?
[snapback]162476[/snapback]
Why don't you take a look into your own post?

You started the name calling process. I am simply returning the favor in kind.

If you can't stand the response you get, simply don't dish out personal trash 1st.

Owning a 545i does not mean you are on top of the world. Anyone who disagree with you would become a pizza hut crowd. If you don't like me stereotyping your cowboy ego. Then don't start stereotyping japanese car owner either.

This is what I have problem with. And what is wrong with pizza hut crowd?

My comment about you is justfied. Never knew that owning a 545i and dining at morton is so high class that anyone else not fitting your style is classifed as pizza hut crowd. You deserve the comment I said about you.

Angry? You are not worthy for me to get upset over. I just find you and other texan i have met on mbworld.org amusing. I guess your comment suited yourself the best. Perhaps, owning a 545i and dining at morton will cure your problem of smallness in other area.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Let me weigh in with my $0.02 worth. I actually went out to test drive M45 after the some of the comments here. I have to say while I think the build quality is fine, some of the features are fine, and in a general sense, not bad looking, it just does not have that aggressive look and feel that the current crop of BMWs has right now. We are a target and various mfrs are getting close to the target but have not HIT the target in my mind. However, having said that, the M45 will sell well to many non-enthusiast drivers and maybe to even one or two enthusiasts. And so too will the Lexus and maybe a few others. I cannot begrudge their (other mfrs) efforts but I never confuse them with BMW capabilities or products. There is compromise in everything including cars. I may have compromised some smooth running electronic gadgets but not my driving
Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Aug 24 2005, 11:50 PM
Why don't you take a look into your own post?

You started the name calling process.? I am simply returning the favor in kind.?

If you can't stand the response you get, simply don't dish out personal trash 1st.?

Owning a 545i does not mean you are on top of the world.? Anyone who disagree with you would become a pizza hut crowd.? If you don't like me stereotyping your cowboy ego.? Then don't start stereotyping japanese car owner either.

This is what I have problem with.? And what is wrong with pizza hut crowd??

My comment about you is justfied.? Never knew that owning a 545i and dining at morton is so high class that anyone else not fitting your style is classifed as pizza hut crowd.? You deserve the comment I said about you.

Angry?? You are not worthy for me to get upset over.? I just find you and other texan i have met on mbworld.org amusing.? I guess your comment suited yourself the best.? Perhaps, owning a 545i and dining at morton will cure your problem of smallness in other area.
[snapback]163091[/snapback]
I didn't see any namecalling in DFW's post, and your posts clearly show that you are, in fact, angry and upset.

You really should quit this argument before you make yourself look any sillier. So far DFW's assumption that you are not of the upscale variety are more proven with every post you make.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Members

well you're driving a 6! which looks better than both the 5 and M! actually, I agree, from an exterior standpoint, I like the 5 and 6 better..... they look more aggressive... I like the M's interior and systems better though.....

for me, while the 545i was a little quicker and had better handling, to expose those features, you need to be driving very aggressively, which I might do 5% of the time.... I would rather have the nicer and more comfortable interior and better electronic/tech systems that I use the other 95% of the time....

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Aug 25 2005, 08:54 AM
Let me weigh in with my $0.02 worth.? I actually went out to test drive M45 after the some of the comments here.? I have to say while I think the build quality is fine, some of the features are fine, and in a general sense, not bad looking, it just does not have that aggressive look and feel that the current crop of BMWs has right now.? We are a target and various mfrs are getting close to the target but have not HIT the target in my mind.? However, having said that, the M45 will sell well to many non-enthusiast drivers and maybe to even one or two enthusiasts.? And so too will the Lexus and maybe a few others.? I cannot begrudge their (other mfrs) efforts but I never confuse them with BMW capabilities or products.? There is compromise in everything including cars.? I may have compromised some smooth running electronic gadgets but not my driving
[snapback]163172[/snapback]