Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

**BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='597230' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:16 PM
Downside - 4 months for M tech side skirts. Many failed phone calls, many PM's, many reasons for my order not being ready. Finally shipped them when I posted my unhappyness in the forum.

Upside - Paint was perfect.
Huh... so now I don't feel so bad about 3 months waiting ( that's if Tony keeps his word this time).

What we would do for our cars.... we are such fools........ wait.... it's not us.... How can we help Tony do get this right so other future members can enjoy Tony's great work...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by adam81osu' post='597233' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:21 PM
my question is this..... His ebay feedback is positive- no mentions of delay. Do you think he puts priority on his ebay auctions before us because of the feedback system?
I think in general we are all polite and professional here. No one wants to criticize nor say negative things, especially when you talk to Tony, he seems like a nice guy. I hesitated a while before sharing my buying experience, because I do not want to affect his business, So I make sure that everything I stated was just fact, no emotion, no exaggeration.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by danwu' post='597250' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:34 PM
I think in general we are all polite and professional here. No one wants to criticize nor say negative things, especially when you talk to Tony, he seems like a nice guy. I hesitated a while before sharing my buying experience, because I do not want to affect his business, So I make sure that everything I stated was just fact, no emotion, no exaggeration.
We all want to work together to get what we want ( Tony gets his profit and we get our kit). As a responsible and professional vendor, I think we should request Tony to provide us (e-60 forum) an explaination so that any potential buyers can see without prejudge, and also giving us some peace in mind.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Order back in January, still no kit. Got a text from Tony asking me what I ordered!

This is ridiculous, sent a pm a week ago no reply.

Im going to call right now. I'll post what happens.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Alpine White 530i

realistic expectations should put these products at a 2-4 week wait after purchase since there's paint and prep being done but anything longer than a month is plain ridiculous if you ask me.... Otherwise charge us when you ship it not when we order it....

Tony just posted this....

"there are MANY members here received their full kits in ONE month(if its in stock)
because they paid in full price without ANY discounts
when you get discounted kit it goes the list and takes time..."

If I knew before hand that by getting it at a group buy discount meant I'd be on a huge waiting list, I would have coughed up the extra dough to have it in a month. Did anyone else know that?? The whole point of a group buy is to provide a discounted price to the buyer but compensate for a loss in per-product profit by having more buyers purchase your product. Why do WE suffer a long wait because he's discounting his product? This doesn't make sense.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='597189' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:33 PM
I got my kit in under 2 weeks. Thanks again Tony.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='597311' date='Jun 6 2008, 05:19 PM
Order back in January, still no kit. Got a text from Tony asking me what I ordered!

This is ridiculous, sent a pm a week ago no reply.

Im going to call right now. I'll post what happens.
Holy crap... you are a patient saint.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Was going to purchase from Quad_m but decided that I didn't want to wait or take any chances. I got nothing against him tho, seems like a nice guy.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by adam81osu' post='597314' date='Jun 6 2008, 05:27 PM
realistic expectations should put these products at a 2-4 week wait after purchase since there's paint and prep being done but anything longer than a month is plain ridiculous if you ask me.... Otherwise charge us when you ship it not when we order it....

Tony just posted this....

"there are MANY members here received their full kits in ONE month(if its in stock)
because they paid in full price without ANY discounts
when you get discounted kit it goes the list and takes time..."

If I knew before hand that by getting it at a group buy discount meant I'd be on a huge waiting list, I would have coughed up the extra dough to have it in a month. Did anyone else know that?? The whole point of a group buy is to provide a discounted price to the buyer but compensate for a loss in per-product profit by having more buyers purchase your product. Why do WE suffer a long wait because he's discounting his product? This doesn't make sense.
Hmmm. I totally agreed with you, and I am kind of disappointed that Tony would reply in such way. We all know that we get what we paid for, so if a discount price means postponed delivery, it is understandable. BUT the key point here is that Tony should be professional enough inform us about it.... So from initial quoting of 6 weeks to now 12 weeks....... it is just simply unacceptable.....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Order: Full Mtech kit w/ M5 rear
Wait time: 3 months
Paint: Unsatisfactory

First off, I think Tony is a nice guy. He does provides us a means to get kits and other parts at decent prices. He's also polite.

I think this thread is a good idea. E60 members are very finicky- as they should be with such awesome cars. But I think his wait time is too long.

When I ordered my kit, I was assuming that I would get my kit painted in a month's time. It took 3 months. Way too long.

Also, the paint was definitely not up to par. Mine may have been the only one, but it definitely was not a decent job. Vincent at EuroRev can vouch for it. In the end, I had the front and rear repainted with Jimmy (next to EuroRev). Tony was a decent guy tho, and credited me $200. I paid the rest to have it repainted.

IMO- order the kits from Tony if you can wait the 3 months, but get them painted locally. It may cut down on the wait time and you will get a much more perfect match.

Again, just my own personal experience, but I feel everyone was so "scared" to post any negative reviews which doesn't help other forum members. We are so "worried" about affecting Tony's business, but if there are universal problems with his business, we should freely and openly discuss on this forum. That is the reason why I like this forum. It provides accurate and reliable information from experienced and knowledgeable E60 owners.

Mike

Quick Reply: **BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**