Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

**BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

The moderators on this board gave me the go-ahead to create a thread that would allow everyone to share their experiences buying from quad_m.

Since quad_m is a pretty popular vendor here, I thought it might be a good idea to let fututre buyers know what they may expect while giving pending buyers a chance to share how the process is going. Please be honest in your experiences, and try to resolve all issues with him first before posting. Then again, if you want to pass on some good words or, if all else fails, need somewhere to vent, by all means.

EDIT 6/19/08:
I hate to take this to the Department of Redundancy Department, but please try to work everything out with quad_m before posting. And to quad_m, the description clearly states "Please post the good or the bad." I am not responsible for all the "bad" ones.

Per quad_m himself, I am the reason for his business going down and ruining his perfect name and rep. You be the judge...
Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Tony's quality of his products is definitely great. I received a Mtech front bumper and M5 mirrors from him last year and the color match was perfect.

I can say, as well as everyone know that he's a very busy person and time is not on his side. There were delays in my m tech order and was missing received the wrong piece for the Mtech front bumper. (the headlight wiper covers) That took 1-2 weeks to resolve.

For my M5 mirrors took a little bit too. So quality, is great, you just have to be really really patient with parts.

I've learned that most car parts vendors will be delayed, especially if they are popular. So whoever decides to buy car stuff from Quad_M, please be patient.

His prices are competitive too, considering, its shipped to your door, painted and all. (Buying the full Mtech kit and other parts will be cheaper than buying a piece one by one).

MK
Old 06-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

Ok, so here's mine... I was in a little group buy for an m bumper back in October of last year. Even though he didn't meet the necessary amount of buyers for the group buy, Tony still sold it to us at the group buy price. He informed me via PM that the bumper would take three weeks. I agreed and sent my paypal on October 24th. Fast forward seven months to May '08, still no bumper, he reassured me that the bumper will be shipped in the middle of the month and even went out of his way to throw in a free m front. Unfortunately, when I saw the pictures, they were for non-PDC. In the initial buy, I PM'd and emailed my car's info (stating that it was for a PDC), but I guess this detail was accidentally overlooked. Fine, fast forward once again to the present... still waiting for my bumper, I've tried to call, but his phone is disconnected. I'm sure this will be resolved, but who knows how long. Can a brotha get a bumper?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Engine: N62

*Edited*

His work is great from what I hear, but imho not worth the wait. For ME anyways. I got a descent price from Gary Romani and had it shipped to my house in 3 days. Again, I am not saying anything negative about a fellow member, but I do think he may have bit off more than he could chew at this point.

You my friend, have the patience of a saint. Good Luck.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i

Originally Posted by lokoloko' post='597077' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:27 PM
Ok, so here's mine... I was in a little group buy for an m bumper back in October of last year. Even though he didn't meet the necessary amount of buyers for the group buy, Tony still sold it to us at the group buy price. He informed me via PM that the bumper would take three weeks. I agreed and sent my paypal on October 24th. Fast forward seven months to May '08, still no bumper, he reassured me that the bumper will be shipped in the middle of the month and even went out of his way to throw in a free m front. Unfortunately, when I saw the pictures, they were for non-PDC. In the initial buy, I PM'd and emailed my car's info (stating that it was for a PDC), but I guess this detail was accidentally overlooked. Fine, fast forward once again to the present. Still waiting for my bumper, I've tried to call, but his phone is disconnected. I'm sure this will be resolved, but who knows how long. Can a brotha get a bumper?
So you got a free M front out of buying only the rear? wow..is all this stress and headache worth a free bumper?

I waited probably... 3 months for my front.. and 3 months for my mirrors. Oh wellz. What can you do right? Good Luck.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Buy from Tony if you can put up with the waiting else look elsewhere. His prices and products are brilliant but the lead times are crazy, so only buy if you don't need something urgently.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Yea, I was supposed to get one, but since it was the wrong type, that changed. Now he offered me a free finisher. At this point, I just want a my rear bumper.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='597082' date='Jun 6 2008, 09:33 AM
So you got a free M front out of buying only the rear? wow..is all this stress and headache worth a free bumper?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='597083' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:37 PM
Buy from Tony if you can put up with the waiting else look elsewhere. His prices and products are brilliant but the lead times are crazy, so only buy if you don't need something urgently.
Well said Bruce. That's what I was trying to get out. Again, his quality and workmanship are great from what I hear. It's just the crazy wait times.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

I got my M-teck Kit from him last Summer order in May recieved first week of August. The work is excellent, color matched 100%. The wait however is a little anoying. But received constant updates and calls from him giving me the status. Good guy overall.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Yes, but Tony also should inform us of the true waiting time. He told me three weeks, that would've been fine, but here I am today, way past three weeks. I understand its only a rear bumper and probably not as important as a whole kit, but still.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='597083' date='Jun 6 2008, 09:37 AM

Quick Reply: **BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**