Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Where is the bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i
Default Where is the bluetooth?

I have a 2004 525i(no nav) and I cant find the Bluetooth option in the idrive.
how I know if is one?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

Go to this link...
*асшифровка VIN BMW :: BMW :: Первый Интернет журнал об автомобилях BMW :: Всё о BMW, новости, статьи, обзоры, фото БМВ
enter your last 7 digits of your vin.
answer the math question, press enter and scroll down.
It will list all the options that came with your car.
But simply put, if it doesn't show in Idrive then you don't have it.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by GERGONZ
I have a 2004 525i(no nav) and I cant find the Bluetooth option in the idrive.
how I know if is one?
Search will become your friend on this site. But here's the short version:

Early model US E60's had the bluetooth portion of the TCU disabled. The reason? A hardware incompatability between the telematics functions and the bluetooth module. There was a possibility of a TCU failure in an emergency with the bluetooth module activated. So, those TCUs were hardware-disabled pending a fix in newer units.

Look on the driver-side door jamb. What is the build date of your E60? If you are adventurous, you can check for a TCU, and its build date, by removing the panel in the trunk on the driver-side. If your car's build (or TCU) is before 03/2004, you will need a new TCU and coding to activate. If it's after, and equipped with telematics, you may be able to have it activated with just coding.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM
New Members

Default check the telematics unit first

I suggest look at the tcu unit in trunk. remove the left cover in trunk and look vertical big aluminum box. if it is there and some fiber cables connected on it. that means you have it.
And then remove that box, there is a label on the back side. Check the tcu number on web I didn't remember exact numbers but there is the three different production number available for 2004. One of them support BT, other two doesn't support. I was lucky mine was working one.

Mine is 84.116948921-01 , check for last three digit. 921 is support BT. I heard if production date later than march 2004, it should support. and you can see the BT pair code on the label PK:1234( 4 digit number).

If you have the correct TCU and it is not visible in I-drive, please check my other post.
I post my NCSExpert dumps. (I assume you know how to code your car.)

You need cables and software(NCSEXPERT and NCS Dummy) on a laptop to do it.

Mine was not enabled in I drive. Then I enable it.(after research about 2 months) Now it works perfect.

Hope this help.