Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

My phone install

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

Here's the benefit of my experience in getting the Siemens S65 car kit installed, although this applies to any non-BT installation of a car kit.

Prior to the job, the installer asked my if Sat-Nav was installed. He ordered these leads:

suitable for the E60

However, he failed to ask me if I had Logic 7 installed too. L7 is a fairly uncommon option in the UK so generally the phone installers don't have any experience with it.

In a nutshell, if the Harman amp is installed you can't have the sound going through the speakers and muted audio on call receipt.

In fairness to the website above it does mention harman kardon amplified systems as being unsuitable.

So I have a pretty crummy install with the dreaded car kit speaker in the footwell, and no audio mute. Only time will tell is the sound quality is adequate.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:14 PM
Hi Guys

Here's the benefit of my experience in getting the Siemens S65 car kit installed, although this applies to any non-BT installation of a car kit.

Prior to the job, the installer asked my if Sat-Nav was installed.? He ordered these leads:

suitable for the E60

However, he failed to ask me if I had Logic 7 installed too.? L7 is a fairly uncommon option in the UK so generally the phone installers don't have any experience with it.

In a nutshell, if the Harman amp is installed you can't have the sound going through the speakers and muted audio on call receipt.

In fairness to the website above it does mention harman kardon amplified systems as being unsuitable.

So I have a pretty crummy install with the dreaded car kit speaker in the footwell, and no audio mute.? Only time will tell is the sound quality is adequate.
[snapback]167618[/snapback]

I'm hearing this also, some conflict from Autosounds in Newcastle, they say I can have automute, but no integrated sound only the "dreaded" seperate speaker".

They are talking about using the parrot kit with my Orange SPV-C500