Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004 | 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Welcome AKM to the Best BMW Board on the Internet !

This is a great source of information and we do not have suffer through mindless debates. We have posters from around the world.
Old 11-27-2004 | 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, akm !
Old 11-28-2004 | 01:15 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, akm !
Old 12-03-2004 | 04:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i 2004/04 production, Titan Silver Metallic, Leder Dakota Upholsery/Grau 60, Sports suspension, Active steering, Dynamic drive, Heated Steering wheel, Emergency wheel, Satin chrome, Glass Roof, Sunblinds front & rear, Healight washer, Int/ext Anti-dazzle mirrors, smokers package, comfort & heated seats, PDC, 18" Wheels 124 w/Dunlop Mixed runflats, Adaptive headlights, Xenon Lights, Active Cruise Control, Blue tooth sony/erricson, Pro Navigation, Head Up Dispay, Voice input system, 6 Cd changer, HIFI Professional. M-Sport Tec Kit & spoiler conversion, Cip 18.1

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 26 2004, 06:46 PM
Bluetooth Upgrade was Successful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone connects properly and phone book loads.? BMW Assist is not disabled.? The two work together.? BMW Assist overides cellphone.? Software upgrade blew out all my settings.? Steering is firmer at low speeds similar to high speed steering.

I believe that I was first in US!? Thanks to BMW, Motor Werks of Barrington, Illinois, Chris Roehm for contacting his buddy at BMW, Brink, and Chad.? They thought this was rolled out at two dealerships first to work out the kinks.

My phone is charging right now so that I can go out and play.? I will offer more comments shortly.
[snapback]49698[/snapback]
Old 12-03-2004 | 04:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i 2004/04 production, Titan Silver Metallic, Leder Dakota Upholsery/Grau 60, Sports suspension, Active steering, Dynamic drive, Heated Steering wheel, Emergency wheel, Satin chrome, Glass Roof, Sunblinds front & rear, Healight washer, Int/ext Anti-dazzle mirrors, smokers package, comfort & heated seats, PDC, 18" Wheels 124 w/Dunlop Mixed runflats, Adaptive headlights, Xenon Lights, Active Cruise Control, Blue tooth sony/erricson, Pro Navigation, Head Up Dispay, Voice input system, 6 Cd changer, HIFI Professional. M-Sport Tec Kit & spoiler conversion, Cip 18.1

HELP! I have a 04/04 U.S. production E-60 with nav: bluetooth is working with 13.3 upgrade ... paired T-608 phone. HOWEVER, BMW Assist has been replace with BMW service? I would like the "Assist" back. MY dealer in Gainesville FL says it may depend on which TCU is installed. (84 11 6 948 921) or (84 11 6 956 688)? But they don't know for sure or how to get ASSIST back. Can anyone out there confirm, if is it possible to have BOTH blue tooth and assist, ... with this production date and without changing the TCU??? One of the above mentioned TCU units is the most current. Mine is the other one!
Old 12-03-2004 | 04:38 AM
Members

Sorry, had a double post!!
Old 12-03-2004 | 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Wayne' date='Dec 3 2004, 06:37 AM
HELP! I have a? 04/04 U.S. production E-60 with nav: bluetooth is working with 13.3 upgrade ... paired T-608 phone. HOWEVER, BMW Assist has been replace with BMW service? I would like the "Assist" back. MY dealer in Gainesville FL says it may depend on which TCU is installed. (84 11 6 948 921) or (84 11 6 956 688)? But they don't know for sure or how to get ASSIST back. Can anyone out there confirm, if is it possible to have BOTH blue tooth and assist, ... with this production date and without changing the TCU??? One of the above mentioned TCU units is the most current. Mine is the other one!
[snapback]63927[/snapback]
ASSIST is still there. Its just different in I-drive. Just push the assist button and have them verify your location.
Old 12-03-2004 | 09:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 3 2004, 09:41 AM
[quote name='Wayne' date='Dec 3 2004, 06:37 AM']HELP! I have a? 04/04 U.S. production E-60 with nav: bluetooth is working with 13.3 upgrade ... paired T-608 phone. HOWEVER, BMW Assist has been replace with BMW service? I would like the "Assist" back. MY dealer in Gainesville FL says it may depend on which TCU is installed. (84 11 6 948 921) or (84 11 6 956 688)? But they don't know for sure or how to get ASSIST back. Can anyone out there confirm, if is it possible to have BOTH blue tooth and assist, ... with this production date and without changing the TCU??? One of the above mentioned TCU units is the most current. Mine is the other one!
[snapback]63927[/snapback]
ASSIST is still there. Its just different in I-drive. Just push the assist button and have them verify your location.
[snapback]63972[/snapback]

Thanks, are you saying that selecting BMW Service is now the same as selecting BMW Assist? I tried the SOS button, (there isn't a assist button...mine now says BMW Service) but BMW couldn't tell me my location. Actually none of the cars data was transmitted. I then performed the BMW Assist Initialization procedure (SI B84 1503 Sept 2004) and reloaded all the information. Since the completed menu displayed BMW Service and didn't show Roadside Assistance or BMW Assist I figured it still didn't work so didn't try again. I'll try the call again, when my wife returns the car, then post results. It would seem that the dealer should know this stuff but they are trying. "Very Trying."
[/quote]
Old 03-13-2006 | 11:37 AM
Members

As information.

Bluetooth Retrofit for Pre-March 2004 BMW.

I have a 2004 BMW 530I, w/BMW Assist, No Navigation. Production date 01/2004.

I was able to do a retro fit for this car with out upgrading the TCU. They used a BTUM (Bluetooth Upgrade module) and possibly upgraded the software.

I was able to get this done last week. 03/11. I tested the following functions with my RAZR V3.

Voice activation works fine.
You can say the number to dial and it will dial that number for you.
Read the phone book
If you are listening to Radio, when you receive a call, it will mute and the caller info /id will be displayed on the screen . You can accept/reject the call. You can also use your steering wheel buttons to do this.

And other functions like voice activated delete from your phone book etc.

It's working really good.
Old 03-16-2006 | 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

Okay, now I'm really confused. I talked to Garry @ BMW of Newport, RI a couple of weeks ago about ordering the BTUM module with all the necessary hardward (like the CPT 9000 parts, cradle, eject box, etc). He called me back saying that since I had a Feb 04 build the CPT 9000 would not work and I would have to wait until Jun/Jul to get a CPT 8000. Since you are up the road, I'd like to talk to you about your car and the upgrade. I'll send you a PM.

Anyone else with an earlier (02/04 build)? I never had the CPT 9000 installed but was waiting to see if I enabled the BMW assist and hoped it would not work and that way BMW would upgrade the TCU without having to pay big bucks.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday