Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth with Siemens S65

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took out an unused Sony Ericsson Akono bluetooth headset and was very curious as to whether the Siemens S65 would take 2 handsfree profile? How would the phone and the Akono ear-piece behave in the car assuming that it will take and pair both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth?

ANSWERS

Yes, the S65 can take BOTH profiles simultaneously and there is totally no fuss in pairing both on the same phone

So, with the ear-piece on and paired, I went into my ride and started the engine. BMW bluetooth paired with the phone at the same time!! Next was to try what happens when a call does come in - got wifey to test call me from her mobile and PRESTO - both the ear-piece and the BMW bluetooth rang

Tried picking the call on the ear-piece first and it worked - BMW bluetooth is muted and audio is transferred to the ear-piece (PRIVATE CALL POSSIBLE!!! )

Then again tried picking the call on the iDrive, and yes, the call can be routed to the BMW bluetooth speakers!!

And the best part is - while using the BMW bluetooth system midway, I could switch to the ear-piece and vice-versa anytime by activating/deactivating the ear-piece!!

Also found out that I could actually switch the phone out of the BMW bluetooth system (call transferred to mobile phone) when I do not want to abruptly end a call, especially when I reach my destination and needs to get out of the car yet do not want to end the conversation. You could do this by pressing the Left Menu Option button (left of joystick).

I am beginning to see "answers" to questions that other forumers have posted. I do not know if the same features can be found in other mobile phones though.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting...
I have a Nokia 6310i via BT and it works OK in the car, but the point you made regarding 'private' calls is useful - it all depends who you have in the car! So if I understand you correctly, you can transfer the other way i.e. from car to earpiece?
Has anyone had sucess with the button above the phone cradle which is supposed to transfer the call to the phone? My button does nothing