Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Apple 5s Phone works great here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).
Default Apple 5s Phone works great here!

Finally upgraded to the new Apple 5s phone. Paired flawlessly with my ride, including phone book upload, with all my contacts shown in I-Drive.

The I-Drive even indicates "iPhone" on the lower left hand corner of I-Drive screen. Sweet!! Also working well is the car's voice calling feature, for example, "call Santa Claus cell", in addition to steering wheel functional controls.

All in all, couldn't be more happy. Had to order the 12v to USB converter plug for the new Apple lightning connection, but other than this, very satisfied with the transition over. Happy Holidays and Best Regards ALL!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

paired over bluetooth, or using the center console cradle? I can get my iphone4 to pair with bluetooth, but contacts won't transfer over to iDrive.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by KyleB
paired over bluetooth, or using the center console cradle? I can get my iphone4 to pair with bluetooth, but contacts won't transfer over to iDrive.

Happy Holidays to you, KyleB!

Yes, just paired over Bluetooth. Wanted to go center console option, but no such part available on our older 2005 E60 model, only after 2005.

But no biggie. I'm enjoying much better signal and reception strength now that I'm on the new ever expanding 4G LTE network here in San Francisco Bay Area!

Interesting your phone book contacts won't transfer over. I don't recall this being an issue with the iPhone 4 either. have you tried troubleshooting with your BMW dealership? BEST REGARDS
Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Which bluetooth adapter are you using?

I avoid the dealer at all costs, unless it is to buy parts.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Members

Which bluetooth adapter are you using?

I avoid the dealer at all costs, unless it is to buy parts.

Greetings again!

Sorry, I have NO idea which specific Bluetooth adapter or model I'm using here.

But I did recently install the iPod integration kit into the car for my iPod Nano and before I finally moved over to the iPhone 5S.

And, as part of that latest integration, I was told that I needed new software in order for everything to interface & function correctly going forward.

So this might have included a new Bluetooth module(?) or software app, which if true, might also explain why my new 5S paired and phone book transferred so readily without a hitch.

But again, not real sure.

What about independent BMW garages or car audio electronics outlets where you live?

Perhaps they might help troubleshoot?

BEST REGARDS
Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

I assume you have CCC idrive in your car, and not a CIC retrofit?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Members

I assume you have CCC idrive in your car, and not a CIC retrofit?

yes, no retrofitted iDrive here. BEST REGARDS
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Can you provide a screenshot of your iDrive?
I too have a 545i with the iPhone 5, don't get the same as you describe.

Thanks