5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Apple 5s Phone works great here! (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/apple-5s-phone-works-great-here-136291/)

GOLD PANDA 12-17-2013 08:17 PM

Apple 5s Phone works great here!

Finally upgraded to the new Apple 5s phone. Paired flawlessly with my ride, including phone book upload, with all my contacts shown in I-Drive.

The I-Drive even indicates "iPhone" on the lower left hand corner of I-Drive screen. Sweet!! Also working well is the car's voice calling feature, for example, "call Santa Claus cell", in addition to steering wheel functional controls.

All in all, couldn't be more happy. Had to order the 12v to USB converter plug for the new Apple lightning connection, but other than this, very satisfied with the transition over. Happy Holidays and Best Regards ALL!

KyleB 12-18-2013 05:09 AM

paired over bluetooth, or using the center console cradle? I can get my iphone4 to pair with bluetooth, but contacts won't transfer over to iDrive.

GOLD PANDA 12-18-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1526838)
paired over bluetooth, or using the center console cradle? I can get my iphone4 to pair with bluetooth, but contacts won't transfer over to iDrive.

Happy Holidays to you, KyleB!

Yes, just paired over Bluetooth. Wanted to go center console option, but no such part available on our older 2005 E60 model, only after 2005.

But no biggie. I'm enjoying much better signal and reception strength now that I'm on the new ever expanding 4G LTE network here in San Francisco Bay Area! :)

Interesting your phone book contacts won't transfer over. I don't recall this being an issue with the iPhone 4 either. have you tried troubleshooting with your BMW dealership? BEST REGARDS

KyleB 12-19-2013 03:49 AM

Which bluetooth adapter are you using?

I avoid the dealer at all costs, unless it is to buy parts.

GOLD PANDA 12-19-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1526882)
Which bluetooth adapter are you using?

I avoid the dealer at all costs, unless it is to buy parts.

Greetings again!

Sorry, I have NO idea which specific Bluetooth adapter or model I'm using here.

But I did recently install the iPod integration kit into the car for my iPod Nano and before I finally moved over to the iPhone 5S.

And, as part of that latest integration, I was told that I needed new software in order for everything to interface & function correctly going forward.

So this might have included a new Bluetooth module(?) or software app, which if true, might also explain why my new 5S paired and phone book transferred so readily without a hitch.

But again, not real sure.

What about independent BMW garages or car audio electronics outlets where you live?

Perhaps they might help troubleshoot?

BEST REGARDS

KyleB 12-20-2013 09:16 AM

I assume you have CCC idrive in your car, and not a CIC retrofit?

GOLD PANDA 12-20-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1526971)
I assume you have CCC idrive in your car, and not a CIC retrofit?

yes, no retrofitted iDrive here. BEST REGARDS

Shlooky 01-24-2014 09:30 AM

Can you provide a screenshot of your iDrive?
I too have a 545i with the iPhone 5, don't get the same as you describe.

Thanks