Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

can 22" rims fit an 04 545i?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='541034' date='Mar 7 2008, 08:39 AM
WHY?

Bill P
Why? In NYC ?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Members

My Ride: FOR STARTERS I LOWERED THE CAR USING H&R SPRINGS. I CHANGED THE EMBLEMS TO BLACK AND CARBONFIBER ALSO ADDED CARBON FIBER DOOR SILL COVERS. I PUT ON A SET OF 22X9 - 22X10.5 AZA FORGED MYSTIC 2TONE BLACK AND MACHINED WRAPPED IN PIRELLI P ZERO NERO 245/30/22 AND 285/25/22. AC SCHNITZER REAR TRUNK SPOLER. ZENETTI BODY KIT CONSISTING OF A FRONT LIP, SIDE SKIRTS AND REAR APRON. RECENTLY ADDED 12INCH ANNIVERSERY EDITION JL SUB POWERED BY A JL 500X1 AMP IN A CUSTOM ENCLOSURE WRAPPED IN CARBON AND AUBURN VINLY WITH PLEXI. AUXILARY INPUT WITH IPOD ADAPTER.

thats kinda funny some of u say it wont work and say it wont fit and they are to heavy. my wheels fit perfect, they are staggered and the car is lowered with h&r springs and rolled fenders. also my 3 piece 22's are about 2 pounds heavier as my stock bmw 17 wheels were. also to say this like i have said this before to the folks out there who have opinions about what people want and what they have, to each his own. if u dont like then u dont like it thats fine. dont piss on what other people ask questions about and what they want. u dont make the payments on there cars. they do.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by wheelzplus' post='546113' date='Mar 17 2008, 01:34 AM
thats kinda funny some of u say it wont work and say it wont fit and they are to heavy. my wheels fit perfect, they are staggered and the car is lowered with h&r springs and rolled fenders. also my 3 piece 22's are about 2 pounds heavier as my stock bmw 17 wheels were. also to say this like i have said this before to the folks out there who have opinions about what people want and what they have, to each his own. if u dont like then u dont like it thats fine. dont piss on what other people ask questions about and what they want. u dont make the payments on there cars. they do.
Although the stock rims are heavy, their is no way that your 22" rims weigh only 2 pounds more then the 17" stockers. You have any type of proof? What are the weights?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: FOR STARTERS I LOWERED THE CAR USING H&R SPRINGS. I CHANGED THE EMBLEMS TO BLACK AND CARBONFIBER ALSO ADDED CARBON FIBER DOOR SILL COVERS. I PUT ON A SET OF 22X9 - 22X10.5 AZA FORGED MYSTIC 2TONE BLACK AND MACHINED WRAPPED IN PIRELLI P ZERO NERO 245/30/22 AND 285/25/22. AC SCHNITZER REAR TRUNK SPOLER. ZENETTI BODY KIT CONSISTING OF A FRONT LIP, SIDE SKIRTS AND REAR APRON. RECENTLY ADDED 12INCH ANNIVERSERY EDITION JL SUB POWERED BY A JL 500X1 AMP IN A CUSTOM ENCLOSURE WRAPPED IN CARBON AND AUBURN VINLY WITH PLEXI. AUXILARY INPUT WITH IPOD ADAPTER.

[quote name='Bad Bimr' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:20 AM' post='546192']
Although the stock rims are heavy, their is no way that your 22" rims weigh only 2 pounds more then the 17" stockers. You have any type of proof? What are the weights?
[/quote

if u know anything about rims, cast aluminum wheels are alot more heavier than forged aluminum multi piece wheels no matter what the size difference is. ive been in the wheel buisness for 14 years now so i think i know what im talking about when it comes to that subject. what kind of prooof do u want? i weighed the wheels with the tires when i put them on over a year ago, im surely not going to take them of and wheigh them again jus for u to try and prove your point. just beleive, i have no reason to lie.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wheelzplus' post='546345' date='Mar 17 2008, 12:20 PM
if u know anything about rims, cast aluminum wheels are alot more heavier than forged aluminum multi piece wheels no matter what the size difference is. ive been in the wheel buisness for 14 years now so i think i know what im talking about when it comes to that subject. what kind of prooof do u want? i weighed the wheels with the tires when i put them on over a year ago, im surely not going to take them of and wheigh them again jus for u to try and prove your point. just beleive, i have no reason to lie.
I know a good bit about the subject. It is generally true that a cast wheel of the same size will weigh more then the same wheel it it were forged. How much more depends on the type of casting, pour/gravity cast, pressure cast, spun-rim cast or other forms of casting. Most BMW wheels are made by BBS who manufactures some of the best wheels in the business using the most state of the art machinery and processes (read: strong and light for a cast wheel). A typical BBS made cast BMW 17" wheel will weight approximately 19-24 lbs. I have NEVER seen or heard of a 22" wheel (cast or forged) that weighed less then 30 lbs let alone in the low 20 lbs range. If you did weigh them you should have a recollection of the approximate weights. It is possible that your 22" rim weighs less then the stock 17" just as it is possible that I will win the powerball lottery next week. doubtful. Both doubtful.

BP
Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wheelzplus' post='546345' date='Mar 17 2008, 12:20 PM
I emailed AZA about the wheels weights in question. This was their response.

Originally Posted by azawheelsrep
Hello Bill,
Thank you for your interest in our product.
Average 22" Wheel Weighs about 37 Lbs.

If you should have any Questions, Please Let us know
Thank You,
Xander | AZA Forged Info Team
I do not know exactly what a OEM 17" (I assume yours is/was a style 138) rim weighs, but I will put month's salary that it DOES NOT weigh anywhere near 37 lbs. You willing to take that bet?

BP
Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='546916' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:49 AM
I emailed AZA about the wheels weights in question. This was their response.

I do not know exactly what a OEM 17" (I assume yours is/was a style 138) rim weighs, but I will put month's salary that it DOES NOT weigh anywhere near 37 lbs. You willing to take that bet?

BP

thats kinda funny since im the sales manager at aza wheels and didnt get a email from anyone asking about weights, also all website emails come through me. either way to awnser the first question of the topic 22's do fit on a lowered 530. thank you and have a great day oh yeah and since the new owner of bbs took over they no longer make the wheels for bmw not unless its a m series. tsw makes them now.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wheelzplus' post='547312' date='Mar 18 2008, 10:29 PM
thats kinda funny since im the sales manager at aza wheels and didnt get a email from anyone asking about weights, also all website emails come through me. either way to awnser the first question of the topic 22's do fit on a lowered 530. thank you and have a great day oh yeah and since the new owner of bbs took over they no longer make the wheels for bmw not unless its a m series. tsw makes them now.
Well I guess one email slipped by you. The email was cut and pasted in my first post. The email was sent to info@azaforged.com. The replay came from the same email address (info@azaforged.com) with the name of AZA Forged Info Team. If you want I can forward you the email. Are you denying that the "average 22" (AZA) Wheel Weighs about 37 Lbs"? Why have you avoided giving me proof?

I never said 22's would not fit. What I said is why would you want to do it and gave reasons. One of my reaqons was weight. You came in here blurting how forged 22's weigh less then cast 17's. I called you out and you have yet to prove a thing. My bet stands that the stock BMW 17" (style 138) weighs less then your AZA 22". You have been the the business for 14 years and know much more then me, how about putting your money where your mouth is.

Oh, my OEM BMW style 124 rims on my 545i have BBS stamped on the inside of the rim. I can send you a pic if you want.

Have a nice day

BP
Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='547446' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:22 PM
Well I guess one email slipped by you. The email was cut and pasted in my first post. The email was sent to info@azaforged.com. The replay came from the same email address (info@azaforged.com) with the name of AZA Forged Info Team. If you want I can forward you the email. Are you denying that the "average 22" (AZA) Wheel Weighs about 37 Lbs"? Why have you avoided giving me proof?

I never said 22's would not fit. What I said is why would you want to do it and gave reasons. One of my reaqons was weight. You came in here blurting how forged 22's weigh less then cast 17's. I called you out and you have yet to prove a thing. My bet stands that the stock BMW 17" (style 138) weighs less then your AZA 22". You have been the the business for 14 years and know much more then me, how about putting your money where your mouth is.

Oh, my OEM BMW style 124 rims on my 545i have BBS stamped on the inside of the rim. I can send you a pic if you want.

Have a nice day

BP
+1 have 124 OEM says BBS in the back
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Members

i never stated your wheels were made by tsw. i put since the recent transaction with the "new " owner which only happend recenntly, (which means recent) i put that for future reference. sorry buddy not gonna take time to dismount my tire and rim just to prove anything i have a life other than my bmw, but if you want to say your right then take all the credit i can really care less. oh well i guess the awnser jus stays in limbo. i know u never said 22's wouldnt fit i was just answering the question that first started this topic. im done now next next topic and u also have a great day.

i never bet or gamble, also i have more money than u can imagine so be carefull who u say that too in the future, u never know who has it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can 22" rims fit an 04 545i?