Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Car

I'm interested in knowing also - thinking about doing the same thing. I asked on another post a while back but no responses.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by TMack
Yes, the Miro 111's will work fine with no spacers as long as you get the right offsets (ET35 front, ET33 rear), but IMHO, they'll look wrong if you don't lower your xi. Our cars have a pretty prominent gap in the wheel well. The recommended tire sizes for the 19" staggered setup are 245/35/19 front, and 275/30/19 rear (although some go 285 in the back.)

Thanks TMack, now I have to find a place that sells these Miro's at a decent price.
I'm so glad I won't need any spacers, just take the stock wheels off, install the miro's with the new tires,a nd then do the opposite in the winter.

One last question, can't i go with the 35 height in the rear as well? I see that you recommended 35 in the front and 30 in the back. I'm sure there is a reason why you recommended that.

Again, thanks everyone for all the info.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

35 isn't a height - it is a percentage of the width. The rolling diameter match front & rear is what you want to be as close to as possible.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by louveres
Thanks TMack, now I have to find a place that sells these Miro's at a decent price.
I'm so glad I won't need any spacers, just take the stock wheels off, install the miro's with the new tires,a nd then do the opposite in the winter.

One last question, can't i go with the 35 height in the rear as well? I see that you recommended 35 in the front and 30 in the back. I'm sure there is a reason why you recommended that.

Again, thanks everyone for all the info.
Those sizes weren't MY recommendations. Those are simply the sizes that get you closest to maintaining the stock wheel/tire circumference. They're also the sizes BMW puts on the 550i with 19" staggered, so I'll assume they know what they're doing.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by corey
I'm interested in knowing also - thinking about doing the same thing. I asked on another post a while back but no responses.
Corey, are you thinking about going 19" or just adding a bit more rubber to your 18" 124's? Just curious.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Thinking about 19" but want to keep the same ride comfort as I have now.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by TMack
Those sizes weren't MY recommendations. Those are simply the sizes that get you closest to maintaining the stock wheel/tire circumference. They're also the sizes BMW puts on the 550i with 19" staggered, so I'll assume they know what they're doing.
I see, so I would still have the huge gap between the wheel and the fender. That's also why you said it would look odd. I guess this is not that easy. I actually want to fill that gap as much as I can without getting into rubbing teritory.

And need to be able to just swap wheels in the winter.

What if I go 245/40/19 tires in the front and 275/35/19 in the back? Would that bring me closer to the fender and improve the ride quality a bit?
Old 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by louveres
I see, so I would still have the huge gap between the wheel and the fender. That's also why you said it would look odd. I guess this is not that easy. I actually want to fill that gap as much as I can without getting into rubbing teritory.

And need to be able to just swap wheels in the winter.

What if I go 245/40/19 tires in the front and 275/35/19 in the back? Would that bring me closer to the fender and improve the ride quality a bit?
Yes, that would fill the wheel well a bit better but, ultimately, lowering is the most visually appealing mod you'll ever do on these cars, IMHO.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Members

First off, we can not let this magnificent thread drift too far down the queue and off into oblivion. I just found it on page 5. A disgrace! C'mon xi brothers!

But here's my issue. I just upgraded my '08 535xi wheels from the boring stock style 243 17x7.5" to a staggered setup of Avant Garde M310's (19x9.5 ET33 rear, 19x8.5 ET35 front). I also lowered with KW V3's, about 1.5" per corner. Looks great, but now my rears are rubbing. I'm trying to determine if the rubbing is on the outside (fender) or on the inside (suspension). I'm not particularly mechanical, but after eyeballing it, it looks to me like there's tons of room on the inside of the wheel. Is that typically true of our cars, or am I misunderstanding what I'm looking at?

Bottom line is that I'll happily have the fenders rolled, if that's the problem. (No way I'm raising it any higher!) But obviously, I need to verify where I'm rubbing first. Here's a couple of pix of the rear wheel. Let me know if this gives you any hints.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-rt-rear-corner-closeup-resized.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-rt-rear-side-closeup-resized.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-rt-rear-behind-resized.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-rt-rear-corner-resized.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by corey
Thinking about 19" but want to keep the same ride comfort as I have now.

Do you have Active Steering, more importantly Active Roll Stablalization option? If so, even 20's will be more comfort than E60's without those options.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi