Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Hello RF converts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004 | 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Exactly! Thanks again Dave!!
Old 05-24-2004 | 01:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by das' date='May 24 2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks a lot, guys. I'm glad everyone finds the forums useful. It's amazing how much you can learn from others in the right environment!
The site is very useful.
Additions to the site to make it more useful would be to have the following Forums under Miscellaneous:

"Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)" written by the members (or DAS), approved by DAS
"Pic Showroom" exclusively for pictures of member's rides
"Driving Tales" for those unique experiences out on the road.
"Wash and Detail" to share detailing ideas.
"Audio and Electronics" to discuss sound systems, etc.
"New Product Reviews" for members to share info on our purchases
"Video Vault" bimmers in action
"Regional Forums" for events/clubs in different parts of the country (world).
"Site Talk" discussion of forum problems, bugs, improvements
"Other Rides" anything other than bmw related

just my 2c
Old 05-24-2004 | 05:50 PM
Contributors

If the red reflectors are not desired by some and the black inserts look bad on some colors like white, why not simply pop them out and give them a few coats of matching paint like they should have done at the factory.
Old 05-24-2004 | 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sg530' date='May 24 2004, 09:50 PM
If the red reflectors are not desired by some and the black inserts look bad on some colors like white, why not simply pop them out and give them a few coats of matching paint like they should have done at the factory.
I think in most cases, the reflectors look better (and are probably cheaper) than a body color insert. The reason people don't mind it on black cars is that you don't really even notice them too much.

If I were to pop white inserts into my white car, I think it would look funny.

On every photo I've seen with the reflectors installed, they look great. I don't think I've seen anyone put them on a black car but maybe they'd look good there too!

Anyone with pics of black and reflectors?
Old 05-24-2004 | 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I bought Bekker's Euroflectors and thanks to helpful posts, effortlessly removed black inserts ( hook a string under the inside edge and pull towards the outside edge) and snapped in the new red reflectors. Its really cool looking at them last night while following the car. The head lights are awesome too.
Old 05-25-2004 | 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

I like the reflectors on black. They look great!
Old 05-25-2004 | 04:24 AM
Senior Members

Hey I coined the term Euroflector! I hope BMW changes the rear valance to a solid piece w/o reflectors or inserts. Then The first year cars will look special. IMHO all inserts must be changed out. It's how the car was originally designed to look!

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:50 AM
JDN
Contributors

Road Fly finally appears to be doing some moderating. Everytime I make a post giving the URL for this forum, the post disappears shortly thereafter. That's happened twice since I moved here.
Old 05-25-2004 | 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

JDN,

I, too, noticed that your posts magically disappeared. When you view a message there, do you still have the "posting form" visible at the bottom of the screen (where you would enter your reply?)

If you still have the form, then they haven't locked you out as they did me.
Old 05-25-2004 | 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JDN on RF' date='May 25 2004, 08:50 AM
Road Fly finally appears to be doing some moderating.
I think they're on "high alert" over there. It won't last long. The circular pattern of "informative posts -> troll posts -> response to troll posts -> personal attacks -> childish and immature posts -> moderator stepping in -> (back to) informative posts" has been going on there for some time.

The mods will drop the high alert status once they feel things have settled down. From there, it'll just escalate again.

It's clear that they're only interested in protecting "the business" where the advertisers are kept happy and the site logs many hits. Why else would you have to click on every single message to read it? Clicks count as hits, that's why.

As soon as someone posts a link or something that would drive traffic away from the site, it's deleted. They have every right to censor the content -- I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with the tone of the posters over there.

In addition to the calm and respectful atmosphere here, I can honestly say that the efficiency of the software here allows me to read any and all new posts that I care to see without wasting time trying to figure out what posts are new, who is replying to whom, what was said earlier, etc. (Not to mention the ability to fix all of my silly typos, etc. by editing messages after they've been posted!)

<Can you tell I'm just a little excited about being here?>