Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Hello RF converts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004 | 06:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Leave the psychoanalysis stuff to the professionals, fella !!!

You guys are out of place here with these Euro-novice E60 users !!!

Catch you back at the -fly !!!
Old 05-26-2004 | 07:31 PM
JDN
Contributors

Gizmo, quit lurking and come join us with your new personality. Seriously, we can pick up on detailing brush discussion where we left off recently in RF.
Old 05-27-2004 | 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='May 27 2004, 02:57 AM
Leave the psychoanalysis stuff to the professionals, fella !!!

You guys are out of place here with these Euro-novice E60 users !!!

Catch you back at the -fly !!!
Speak for yourself n00b.

Now go and get the tea on new boy, and stop being cheeky
Old 05-27-2004 | 09:15 AM
Senior Members

part of the problem with the other board is the very posting layout.. posts are not in order and are everywhere. with this type of message board, the post follow a conversation.
Old 05-27-2004 | 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

And if you choose to answer an earlier post, you can easily quote it in your answer.

My biggest problem with the other place was the software. My second biggest problem was the quality of the posts.
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:31 AM
Contributors

I think RF just banned me, what the hell? Did you guys get some type of warning? I didn't even get a single email.

I don't really use RF, but the fact that they ban me somewhat irks me.
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:36 AM
JDN
Contributors

I got a polite warning from charlie@roadfly.com to shape up. Before that, he pulled several of my posts. All I was doing was including the URL for this forum which appears to be a violation of the RF user license. Not banned yet, but we are hassling with my cc co. over the $29 inner circle fee. They banned Rudy for improving their board.

What did you do?
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:42 AM
Contributors

I think it was because of this thread

I just can't sign in anymore. Oh well.
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:55 AM
JDN
Contributors

You weren't bad enough in that thread. All you did was share information. Right in the middle of your thread, I posted a likeness of the Paul Bracq fan ((Paul Bracq fan) and didn't get pulled or scolded -- yet.

The PB fan's favorite ploy is to post some ridiculous pic, so I got in my Child ego state and decided to play the same game. I think they (Charlie Romero) made a mistake in pulling you.
Old 05-27-2004 | 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I got no warning whatsoever when they locked me out. When I go to the forum there, it says Welcome and it displays my user name (it also allows me to set preferences, etc.) so I'm logged in just fine. I'm also able to access my "personal webspace" to post pics, etc.

No matter what message I display, however, I get a "posting form not available" message and it tells me the most likely cause is I'm not logged in. I think they simply flagged me with a read-only status or something.

I'm actually enjoying the extra time I have not having to weed through the haphazard nature of the software on the board there. I'm also saving time not posting and then trying to figure out if anybody replied to the posts, etc. I know they think that it's more efficient, etc. to do the threads that way but sorry, I'm not convinced one bit that it's better. In fact, I'm convinced that it's a waste of my precious time. (And yes, I adjusted my settings to fancy threaded, sort by recent, blah, blah, blah...)

Thanks for popping over here Kennan! I think you'll soon agree that this is the place to be!!