Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Hello RF converts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Rob
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, too, have moved from RF. I am a new BMW owner (545i, 4 weeks but 2 weeks were on vacation without the car!). I was getting very annoyed with RF.

This seems to be a great forum and I'm looking forward to participating.

BTW, I just installed my red reflectors yesterday (thanks for the info) and they look great!

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

-Rob
Old 05-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

hi rob, congrats!
i have rear reflectors on mine too, such a simple little accessory makes a ton of difference.
rollee
Old 05-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm one of many who purchased the reflectors before I even had the car.

Took them with me on delivery and installed them in the parking lot before driving off!
Old 05-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Members

Are the reflectors suppose to be standard on the 5 in canada?
Old 05-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

AFAIK they are all non-standard in NA.
reason>? beats me.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Members

I took delivery of mine in Montreal. No reflectors. No reasons given. Since I have a black car I'm still not sure I want to add them. The rear looks great as is. On any other color i would though.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dantheman' date='May 23 2004, 03:42 PM
Since I have a black car I'm still not sure I want to add them. The rear looks great as is. On any other color i would though.
I agree. Although I haven't seen them on a black car, I'm betting they wouldn't look as good as just about all other colors. I think they look exceptionally good on my white car (and think the black inserts would look the worst on a white car.)
Old 05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Rudy, they tossed you out of RF? I'm not a particularly active in terms of posting on any board, but that place was out of hand. Still do peak in over there once in a while to what's going on, but generally a waste of time. Looking forward to more informative discussions over here...
Old 05-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

They didn't toss me out, they made me sort of "read only" which is actually not too bad. I get to see that not much has changed there but can't post any replies, etc. I won't visit there too much because I don't want to pad their hit-counts since it will only help them generate revenue.

Not that I expect anyone to remember but I was pretty successful at ignoring all the troll posts there so as not to encourage them but I was so fed up with all the personal attacks and rude, disrespectful behavior that when Lomag (where are you Mark?) posted a "why do we even visit this site" type of thread, I jumped in and agreed 100%. The only thing I did (besides promoting a switch to this site) that would warrant them to drop my privileges was that I busted "lovese60" when he started posting (obnoxiously) under other people's names (another flaw in their software). He then posted something under my name to make it look like I was wrong about his identity spoofing so I figured "two can play at that game" and I posted a "Rudy's right" message but I spoofed it to make it look like it came from him. I imagine that would be a violation of whatever user agreement I accepted before registering there. (Who reads those things anyway?)

As I said in so many other posts there and here, one of my main pet peeves about that site was the stupid home-grown software. When the place fell apart over the last few weeks, I really felt it was time to show some of the more respectful people that there is a better alternative than what was there. This site was here, I liked it, and felt that all we needed to do was up the traffic a bit with some of the people from over there.

In case anyone didn't notice, I've taken some of my "helpful tips" posts from over there and reposted them over here. Sorry for the duplication if you already saw it there but I figured there are plenty of new E60 owners who may not have seen it yet.

Thanks again to Das and everyone else for contributing to what will hopefully become the premier E60 site on the web!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:45 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Thanks a lot, guys. I'm glad everyone finds the forums useful. It's amazing how much you can learn from others in the right environment!