Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011 | 07:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
So its just 4 people???? THought there would be more! No probs, i will speak to my guy when offices open up on Tuesday and get ETA on when his factories re open etc.... as well as shipping quotes!
Could you post some more pictures of your hood? I'm interested, but I'd like CF vents. I had a hard time following exactly what your guy is making through all of the pages in this thread. The guy that got the hood off ebay has a CF hood with black vent inserts. I think you mentioned that the hood could be purchased in CF or figerglass with CF inserts. Does the CF hood have vent inserts or is it all one piece? If they are inserts, can you get CF inserts in the CF hood?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2011 | 11:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
Could you post some more pictures of your hood? I'm interested, but I'd like CF vents. I had a hard time following exactly what your guy is making through all of the pages in this thread. The guy that got the hood off ebay has a CF hood with black vent inserts. I think you mentioned that the hood could be purchased in CF or figerglass with CF inserts. Does the CF hood have vent inserts or is it all one piece? If they are inserts, can you get CF inserts in the CF hood?

Thanks.
I got CF hood with CF inserts...

You can get fibre glass hood with CF inserts....CF hood with fibreglass inserts..... the hood and inserts are seperate and screwed inso the combination is totally up to u!
Old 02-05-2011 | 11:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
I'm pretty sure there's going to be alot more people but you have to make this happen first Mark. We need to know the costs and how this whole GB is going to workout. Let us know soon. Thanks!
Well the price has been put up on this thread... shipping extra and that will depend if its all shipped to one place or shipped door to door.... and the more ppl to ship to say cali, then im sure we can get better shipping prices...

So to be honest... its down to you guys!!!

I will speak to the guy who does the CF parts and see the best way to get the lowest price but like i said, im only doing this to help you guys! so if i dont reply straight away its cos im busy with other things....
Old 02-06-2011 | 06:45 AM
Members

Well let's be realistic guys. This is the list and location

1.hayabusa4448 (Chicago)
2.stel_i79( Romania)
3.IndyRedBeast (Canada)
4.imperialtrini1(New York)

Not sure where wolf is but you guys get the point. No 2 people in the same state. Almost not the same country. We may have to look into single shipping IMO. maybe I'm not thinking about something and will be more than happy to be corrected. So...... Let the ideas flow!!
Old 02-06-2011 | 06:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by imperialtrini1
Well let's be realistic guys. This is the list and location

1.hayabusa4448 (Chicago)
2.stel_i79( Romania)
3.IndyRedBeast (Canada)
4.imperialtrini1(New York)

Not sure where wolf is but you guys get the point. No 2 people in the same state. Almost not the same country. We may have to look into single shipping IMO. maybe I'm not thinking about something and will be more than happy to be corrected. So...... Let the ideas flow!!
Ha ha... seems shipping to one location is def. out of the equation then!!!
Old 02-06-2011 | 07:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Ha ha... seems shipping to one location is def. out of the equation then!!!
I would love to be wrong......but this is what it may come down to. So when you get the estimate pls include door to door shipping cause it may be the most realistic. Lol.
Old 02-06-2011 | 08:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

You guys need to be patient and advertise this on m5boards too. As the list grows everything gets cheaper and shipping to one location for each country will reduce costs.
Old 02-06-2011 | 08:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Alright guys, I hate to throw a monkey wrench in here, but seems like things just got a little bit more interesting.

I have found a contact that may be able to get this hood for us. It looks like this is not the same one that Mark and skunkd has, as the power bulge is more bulging. I am waiting to hear back next week regarding ETA and cost. Anyone else want this one?
Attached Thumbnails WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-cimg3514.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-cimg3512.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-cimg3513.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011 | 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^man, joe's/trinity autosport's 545i was beasty
Old 02-06-2011 | 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Alright guys, I hate to throw a monkey wrench in here, but seems like things just got a little bit more interesting.

I have found a contact that may be able to get this hood for us. It looks like this is not the same one that Mark and skunkd has, as the power bulge is more bulging. I am waiting to hear back next week regarding ETA and cost. Anyone else want this one?
We already talked about that hood in this thread. No one is really too interested in it because of the bulge being too big. I personally would not buy that one. We want a replica of Voristeiner type hood just like Marks and Skunkd.

Quick Reply: WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents