Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by skunkd
if only the lines were smoother, that bulge is way too dramatic cutting up at such a hard angle. it should be more like the e92 m3's bulge if anything. thats a shame. regardless, it seems to be a viable option for some of you... whats the pricing looking like on that one?
I am waiting to hear back. My understanding is that it's about the price that you paid for yours. Waiting to get confirmation.

Originally Posted by houbmw
whats the pricing and contact info for the hood with the BIG bulge lol?
Melvin and I will be the point of contact.

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
I beleive Trinity Autosport can get those VIS hoods. As far as price goes you'd have to PM Nerwyll.
These are not VIS hoods.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I am waiting to hear back. My understanding is that it's about the price that you paid for yours. Waiting to get confirmation.

Melvin and I will be the point of contact.

These are not VIS hoods.
The pictures you posted of the Trinity Autosport's E60 is the VIS GTR hood.Or its a replica of it.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

The pictures you posted of the Trinity Autosport's E60 is the VIS GTR hood.Or its a replica of it.
that is NOT the vis gtr hood

WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-img_0474.jpg

^ that is
Old 02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Dude, lol.

Good job Jasper.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else. I originally I felt the same way as you, that the bulge is too distinctive (that post is somewhere in here). However, upon seeing Skunkd's new pics, I felt that the bulge on his is not that visible at all, at least from his pictures.

I am sure that there are people that feel the same way, and I thought I would just present this as an option. As I said, I am looking to receive the ETA and pricing this coming week.

I don't know about you guys, but while I am okay with the pricing from Mark's contact, I have no idea what the shipping might be. If it turns out to be over $200 (which would put it at $850), then it wouldn't make sense to me. After all, Skunkd was able to buy it for $700 shipped.
Agreed. However, i think it makes even less sense to buy something cheaper which doesnt look good or not what you want it to look like!

For the bonnet that Skunkd bought, it was def. a good price but it seems no one can get another one through that vendor! Please wait for that vendor then if you can get it cheaper from them...
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Contributors

Like I said above, initially I thought the bulge was too big, as my earlier post said, but after seeing skunkd's pics, I now think that a bigger bulge will look better. So I disagree with your comment about it not looking good. If it doesn't look good, I don't think anyone would want to buy it.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Senior Members

Dude, lol.

Good job Jasper.
lol got a little to excited sorry man!

I just really want a new hood!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Contributors

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sold on any of the options we have so far for one reason or another.

My contact in China is still on vacation but should be sending me photos of some other hood options by the 9th of February. I sent him actual photos of the Vorsteiner so he knows what I am looking for since I prefer quality.

For those of you not in a rush, waiting one week for more options doesn't sound bad right???
Old 02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skunkd

o and how the power bulge looks through the windshield

Hey skunkd, just wanted to thank you for posting these photos. They help to give a better idea of how the vents look like, but could you take a close up of them for us to see? Thanks!

Here is the VRS hood and the vents. Notice the detail on them. I prefer something along these lines. Unfortunately Mark's hood does not seem to come close.
Attached Thumbnails WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-hood-vents.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

The difference is, those vent's are not removable. While the hood's Mark and I have are removable and replaceable with carbon fiber vents. Mark and I have the fiberglass vents in ours but they do offer carbon fiber vents to replace them and those do not have the chicken wire grille behind them from the factory. On the fiberglass ones, that grille is removable but is epoxied on. Obviously a one piece design will look smoother. but what happens when your carbon fiber vents begin to fade from uv ray's? you need a whole new hood or you have to paint them. I like the idea of replaceable vent because every piece of carbon fiber I have ever owned on any of my vehicles has faded and the gel coat yellows within 2 years if not garage kept daily.

Quick Reply: WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents