Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Ultra Racing Anti-roll Bar/Member Brace

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I bought it to try and fit it on my Xi, but the exhaust on Xi's hangs considerably lower than the RWD's exhaust. So, unfortunately, it is of no use to me at all

It mounts on the rear sub-frame, ties up the hind mounting points of the rear sub-frame. Functions as a link between those mounting points, effectively making the handling more neutral.

Here's a stock pic from Ultra's website (its the white piece ):

I bought it for $70, will give it up for same. I don't know the MSRP - maybe this is bargain but I wouldn't feel right charging more for it, than I paid. So there, my loss - in terms of not being able to mount it on an Xi - is your gain. Obviously, I never installed it, but it has a couple of scratches/dings - not that it matters, since it is a hide-away part anyway. But the condition is 100% functionally, ~97% cosmetically. It is pretty much same as it was when I received it - all I did with it, was bring it to my indie when my suspension was being put in, and tried to test-fit it to no avail.

I prefer local pick up for cash, but I have the original shipping box and paypal would work too - so I can ship it. CONUS only though.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I bought it to try and fit it on my Xi, but the exhaust on Xi's hangs considerably lower than the RWD's exhaust. So, unfortunately, it is of no use to me at all

It mounts on the rear sub-frame, ties up the hind mounting points of the rear sub-frame. Functions as a link between those mounting points, effectively making the handling more neutral.

Here's a stock pic from Ultra's website (its the white piece ):

I bought it for $70, will give it up for same. I don't know the MSRP - maybe this is bargain but I wouldn't feel right charging more for it, than I paid. So there, my loss - in terms of not being able to mount it on an Xi - is your gain. Obviously, I never installed it, but it has a couple of scratches/dings - not that it matters, since it is a hide-away part anyway. But the condition is 100% functionally, ~97% cosmetically. It is pretty much same as it was when I received it - all I did with it, was bring it to my indie when my suspension was being put in, and tried to test-fit it to no avail.

I prefer local pick up for cash, but I have the original shipping box and paypal would work too - so I can ship it. CONUS only though.
I have 2004 530i, will it FIT if I have the dual exhaust?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kdarcia007
I have 2004 530i, will it FIT if I have the dual exhaust?
Is that an LSAT question? Man, I have no idea. First, I don't have a rwd and second, you didn't even mention the pipe size... yeah, no, not THAT pipe, dude
(joking)

Seriously, your best bet would be to see on the picture where the piece fits (I'd google up as many pics as possible), and then lift your car up and try to mock up a piece - see how that works out. Since you have a custom exhaust, it is not easy to tell. Or did I misunderstand you and you meant that the exhaust you have is the dual-outlet standard OEM one? If it is OEM, I'm certain it will fit.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

imma tell the same thing to vlad... TRY IT! you have a better chance then vlad because your rwd. i assumed vlads car would be closer/wider so re drilling would solve the problem. neither of us accounted for the fact his piping would hang alot lower :thumbsdown:
Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Doesn't look like it will fit my car due to the pump on my sway bar for the ARS.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Update: I have two interested parties offering my asking price, but I have no payment yet. Working with the first buyer to contact me right now.

Originally Posted by jasperxli
imma tell the same thing to vlad... TRY IT! you have a better chance then vlad because your rwd. i assumed vlads car would be closer/wider so re drilling would solve the problem. neither of us accounted for the fact his piping would hang alot lower :thumbsdown:
The width is actually perfect - if not for the piping, it would fit just perfectly!

Originally Posted by e60oholic
Doesn't look like it will fit my car due to the pump on my sway bar for the ARS.
You're more than welcome to come and try it on, if you are in the area and I don't sell it.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Contributors

Okay, let me make this a little more interesting: first guy to drop payment into my paypal gets it. Paypal: vladtarasov@yahoo.com

If you're local, 70 bucks takes it. Shipping, add another 5 bucks (I'll cover the difference). Shipping inside CONUS only though.

I have two people dangling, but no payment yet. Honestly, I have respect for everyone, but I don't like this back and forth stuff. And guys, just because I told you there "might" be issues with the piping, doesn't necessarily guarantee that there will be - plenty of people fitted these with no problems, just search around. Lastly, this is made for the RWD E60/E61 - fitment is basically a given, guys.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Okay, let me make this a little more interesting: first guy to drop payment into my paypal gets it. Paypal: vladtarasov@yahoo.com

If you're local, 70 bucks takes it. Shipping, add another 5 bucks (I'll cover the difference). Shipping inside CONUS only though.

I have two people dangling, but no payment yet. Honestly, I have respect for everyone, but I don't like this back and forth stuff. And guys, just because I told you there "might" be issues with the piping, doesn't necessarily guarantee that there will be - plenty of people fitted these with no problems, just search around. Lastly, this is made for the RWD E60/E61 - fitment is basically a given, guys.

Hey Vlad, payment sent, I will PM u my shipping address.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Payment received. Thank you!

I'll ship it to you first thing in the morning
Will PM the tracking # as soon as I have it.

v.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Not trying to hijack V's thread, but since he sold it already. Why not?

I have the same exact anti-roll bar for sale. Its brand new and still wrapped in plastic. I didn't install this piece because of the piping issue. PM me if you're interested.

Quick Reply: Ultra Racing Anti-roll Bar/Member Brace