5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Private Member Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/)
-   -   Ultra Racing Anti-roll Bar/Member Brace (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/ultra-racing-anti-roll-bar-member-brace-111615/)

v_therussian 03-29-2011 02:43 AM

I bought it to try and fit it on my Xi, but the exhaust on Xi's hangs considerably lower than the RWD's exhaust. So, unfortunately, it is of no use to me at all :(

It mounts on the rear sub-frame, ties up the hind mounting points of the rear sub-frame. Functions as a link between those mounting points, effectively making the handling more neutral.

Here's a stock pic from Ultra's website (its the white piece ;) ):
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/vgreen...wer%20bar2.jpg

I bought it for $70, will give it up for same. I don't know the MSRP - maybe this is bargain :rolleyes: but I wouldn't feel right charging more for it, than I paid. So there, my loss - in terms of not being able to mount it on an Xi - is your gain. Obviously, I never installed it, but it has a couple of scratches/dings - not that it matters, since it is a hide-away part anyway. But the condition is 100% functionally, ~97% cosmetically. It is pretty much same as it was when I received it - all I did with it, was bring it to my indie when my suspension was being put in, and tried to test-fit it to no avail.

I prefer local pick up for cash, but I have the original shipping box and paypal would work too - so I can ship it. CONUS only though.

kdarcia007 03-29-2011 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1323050)
I bought it to try and fit it on my Xi, but the exhaust on Xi's hangs considerably lower than the RWD's exhaust. So, unfortunately, it is of no use to me at all :(

It mounts on the rear sub-frame, ties up the hind mounting points of the rear sub-frame. Functions as a link between those mounting points, effectively making the handling more neutral.

Here's a stock pic from Ultra's website (its the white piece ;) ):
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/vgreen...wer%20bar2.jpg

I bought it for $70, will give it up for same. I don't know the MSRP - maybe this is bargain :rolleyes: but I wouldn't feel right charging more for it, than I paid. So there, my loss - in terms of not being able to mount it on an Xi - is your gain. Obviously, I never installed it, but it has a couple of scratches/dings - not that it matters, since it is a hide-away part anyway. But the condition is 100% functionally, ~97% cosmetically. It is pretty much same as it was when I received it - all I did with it, was bring it to my indie when my suspension was being put in, and tried to test-fit it to no avail.

I prefer local pick up for cash, but I have the original shipping box and paypal would work too - so I can ship it. CONUS only though.

I have 2004 530i, will it FIT if I have the dual exhaust?

v_therussian 03-29-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kdarcia007 (Post 1323075)
I have 2004 530i, will it FIT if I have the dual exhaust?

Is that an LSAT question? :lol: Man, I have no idea. First, I don't have a rwd and second, you didn't even mention the pipe size... :unsure: yeah, no, not THAT pipe, dude :P
(joking)

Seriously, your best bet would be to see on the picture where the piece fits (I'd google up as many pics as possible), and then lift your car up and try to mock up a piece - see how that works out. Since you have a custom exhaust, it is not easy to tell. Or did I misunderstand you and you meant that the exhaust you have is the dual-outlet standard OEM one? If it is OEM, I'm certain it will fit.

jasperxli 03-29-2011 12:35 PM

imma tell the same thing to vlad... TRY IT! you have a better chance then vlad because your rwd. i assumed vlads car would be closer/wider so re drilling would solve the problem. neither of us accounted for the fact his piping would hang alot lower :thumbsdown:

e60oholic 03-29-2011 01:43 PM

Doesn't look like it will fit my car due to the pump on my sway bar for the ARS.

v_therussian 03-29-2011 04:10 PM

Update: I have two interested parties offering my asking price, but I have no payment yet. Working with the first buyer to contact me right now.

Originally Posted by jasperxli (Post 1323240)
imma tell the same thing to vlad... TRY IT! you have a better chance then vlad because your rwd. i assumed vlads car would be closer/wider so re drilling would solve the problem. neither of us accounted for the fact his piping would hang alot lower :thumbsdown:

The width is actually perfect - if not for the piping, it would fit just perfectly!

Originally Posted by e60oholic (Post 1323253)
Doesn't look like it will fit my car due to the pump on my sway bar for the ARS.

You're more than welcome to come and try it on, if you are in the area and I don't sell it.

v_therussian 03-29-2011 05:08 PM

Okay, let me make this a little more interesting: first guy to drop payment into my paypal gets it. Paypal: vladtarasov@yahoo.com

If you're local, 70 bucks takes it. Shipping, add another 5 bucks (I'll cover the difference). Shipping inside CONUS only though.

I have two people dangling, but no payment yet. Honestly, I have respect for everyone, but I don't like this back and forth stuff. And guys, just because I told you there "might" be issues with the piping, doesn't necessarily guarantee that there will be - plenty of people fitted these with no problems, just search around. Lastly, this is made for the RWD E60/E61 - fitment is basically a given, guys.

kdarcia007 03-30-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1323315)
Okay, let me make this a little more interesting: first guy to drop payment into my paypal gets it. Paypal: vladtarasov@yahoo.com

If you're local, 70 bucks takes it. Shipping, add another 5 bucks (I'll cover the difference). Shipping inside CONUS only though.

I have two people dangling, but no payment yet. Honestly, I have respect for everyone, but I don't like this back and forth stuff. And guys, just because I told you there "might" be issues with the piping, doesn't necessarily guarantee that there will be - plenty of people fitted these with no problems, just search around. Lastly, this is made for the RWD E60/E61 - fitment is basically a given, guys.

Hey Vlad, payment sent, I will PM u my shipping address.

v_therussian 03-30-2011 07:09 PM

Payment received. Thank you!

I'll ship it to you first thing in the morning :thumbsup:
Will PM the tracking # as soon as I have it.

v.

theXman 03-30-2011 07:26 PM

Not trying to hijack V's thread, but since he sold it already. Why not?

I have the same exact anti-roll bar for sale. Its brand new and still wrapped in plastic. I didn't install this piece because of the piping issue. PM me if you're interested.