Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Stock 530i muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='888138' date='May 24 2009, 01:18 AM
whats a nissan maximum? do you think they make a nissan minimum?

1-7 HP loss at the wheels isnt noticable? Really? Now youre just making stuff up to justify your mufflers poor performance.
I know you two hate each other but lets not resort to petty spelling or grammatical errors.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='887971
apples to oranges. i have not changed ANYTHING else from the stock muffler. I want to see a dyno test on a 530 before i believe the hp is significant.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=66133&hl=

"Stock 530 vs RPI 530 exhaust. Torque and horsepower gains can be seen all throughout with peak hp of 7rwhp and peak torque of 8 lb-ft."

Magnaflow makes performance claims with their exhausts without any data to back up those claims. There is a reason magnaflow doesn't provide the data, there are no gains and in most cases there are considerable losses. Magnaflow has spent no R&D to design the 14815/14816 specifically for the 530/545/550/M5 where as BMW has spent countless hours designing exhausts for our E60's. Why do you think the OEM exhaust is completely different on all these motors? It is because the different motors require different tuning. Some how you think that the Magnaflow will match our even outperform BMW's OEM exhaust with a generic muffler which was never tuned for your specific motor?? No, Magnaflow will cause considerable losses.

The problem with hearing the Magnaflow's different exhaust note is that the brain is tricked into believing that there was a HP gain because the note is deeper and louder. You are not the only one who has been fooled, plenty of members have magnaflow and most have no idea that they lost power.

You are correct Brett, it is apples to oranges. Chances are the HP/Torque loss will be much more significant on your 530 than they were on the 545. A loss of 7hp/7lbs torque at the rear wheels IS significant and can be felt at the rear wheels. Keep in mind that this # is at the rear wheels, which means the loss is 15-20% more at the motor.

The difference is the RPi was specifically tuned to the 530 where as the Magnaflow can is generic and made to go on any vehicle. The problem is that when you make an exhaust to fit a V6/V8/V10 it works well on none of them.

Even tuned exhausts made specifically for the 530/545/550/M5 RARELY show power gains but instead show power losses.
RPi is one of the only exhausts that shows power gains and RPI is committed to only selling products that produce more power.

I understand that you like the way the Magnaflow exhaust sounds and do not care about the power loss. You take things too personally and defend a product that makes more noise and makes less HP. That being said, most here are looking for performance gains. When people rant and rave about how great the Magnaflow is, they sway other potential buyers toward buying the Magnaflow, when if fact they should steer clear of Magnaflow. The reason I posted in your thread is that I want people to know that Magnaflow causes significant power loss, not to offend you.

If you like your Magnaflow, that's awesome. If you want to sell your OEM exhaust, that's great too. I was just trying to save you from making the same mistakes that so many other members have unknowingly made.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='888341' date='May 24 2009, 11:18 AM
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=66133&hl=

"Stock 530 vs RPI 530 exhaust. Torque and horsepower gains can be seen all throughout with peak hp of 7rwhp and peak torque of 8 lb-ft."

Magnaflow makes performance claims with their exhausts without any data to back up those claims. There is a reason magnaflow doesn't provide the data, there are no gains and in most cases there are considerable losses. Magnaflow has spent no R&D to design the 14815/14816 specifically for the 530/545/550/M5 where as BMW has spent countless hours designing exhausts for our E60's. Why do you think the OEM exhaust is completely different on all these motors? It is because the different motors require different tuning. Some how you think that the Magnaflow will match our even outperform BMW's OEM exhaust with a generic muffler which was never tuned for your specific motor?? No, Magnaflow will cause considerable losses.

The problem with hearing the Magnaflow's different exhaust note is that the brain is tricked into believing that there was a HP gain because the note is deeper and louder. You are not the only one who has been fooled, plenty of members have magnaflow and most have no idea that they lost power.

You are correct Brett, it is apples to oranges. Chances are the HP/Torque loss will be much more significant on your 530 than they were on the 545. A loss of 7hp/7lbs torque at the rear wheels IS significant and can be felt at the rear wheels. Keep in mind that this # is at the rear wheels, which means the loss is 15-20% more at the motor.

The difference is the RPi was specifically tuned to the 530 where as the Magnaflow can is generic and made to go on any vehicle. The problem is that when you make an exhaust to fit a V6/V8/V10 it works well on none of them.

Even tuned exhausts made specifically for the 530/545/550/M5 RARELY show power gains but instead show power losses.
RPi is one of the only exhausts that shows power gains and RPI is committed to only selling products that produce more power.

I understand that you like the way the Magnaflow exhaust sounds and do not care about the power loss. You take things too personally and defend a product that makes more noise and makes less HP. That being said, most here are looking for performance gains. When people rant and rave about how great the Magnaflow is, they sway other potential buyers toward buying the Magnaflow, when if fact they should steer clear of Magnaflow. The reason I posted in your thread is that I want people to know that Magnaflow causes significant power loss, not to offend you.

If you like your Magnaflow, that's awesome. If you want to sell your OEM exhaust, that's great too. I was just trying to save you from making the same mistakes that so many other members have unknowingly made.
Well thank you. I know you know your stuff! The exhaust is good for what i want/need it for. I do plan on keeping the car so maybe it would be a better idea to keep the stock muffler around in case i do have any problems. I dont need the few hundred dollars it would bring in or the rpi scoop/badges. Thank you for all the recommendations.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='888138' date='May 24 2009, 01:18 AM
whats a nissan maximum? do you think they make a nissan minimum?

1-7 HP loss at the wheels isnt noticable? Really? Now youre just making stuff up to justify your mufflers poor performance.
You need to find something better to do with your time. clearly you knew what i was talking about.

I have said from the very start the muffler performance didnt make a difference to me. Your showing me dyno charts for a 545. If i wanted a fast car i wouldnt of bought a 530.

This discussion is really stupid..
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='888347' date='May 24 2009, 08:29 AM
You need to find something better to do with your time. clearly you knew what i was talking about.

I have said from the very start the muffler performance didnt make a difference to me. Your showing me dyno charts for a 545. If i wanted a fast car i wouldnt of bought a 530.

This discussion is really stupid..

Here she goes again.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='889765' date='May 25 2009, 06:13 PM
Here she goes again.
Actually, here YOU go again. No need to post what you just did.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Haters fallback :thumbsdown:
She losing power? She said she got the MF for a different cause not for HP. Cant you haters get that through your heads.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='889766
Haters fallback :thumbsdown:
She losing power? She said she got the MF for a different cause not for HP. Cant you haters get that through your heads.
thank you both.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='889853' date='May 25 2009, 07:22 PM
thank you both.
Purrrrrrrow.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

This is one long, weird thread. The twists and turns have been spellbinding. And to think it all started with an honest attempt to sell a used muffler.

Quick Reply: Stock 530i muffler