Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Stock 530i muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='887211' date='May 22 2009, 10:56 PM
Well the funny thing about the lip AWG is that everyone else that has this has confirmed that they had to pay FULL MSRP to get it.

So thats why I was quoting MSRP, because the lip is rare enough to justify using that as a basis for my price which includes shipping too.

Im not "shitting in your bed" Im merely trying to explain to you that the price is a bit high for what it is.

Good luck with your sale and dont pm me asking for advice anymore.
i said from the start i was willing to entertain any offers. i went as far as saying i would trade for a rpi scoop and roundels. clearly that ISNT over priced.

I understand the lip but do you think your going to goto a dealer or buy a brand new stock muffler for a good price? No, the dealer is clearly going to stick it to you. Considering i was asking 230 shipped. I live in nebraska and it cost me 21 dollars to ship a wii which was 20 pounds. This muffler is going to cost me atleast 50-60 shipped if not more. Therefore the muffler cost is really around 170ish. Would you rather pay 170 for a muffler on your lease trade in or buy a brand new one from the dealer? Sorry you thought my price for something that doesnt affect you was out of line. I said from the start i would rather get rid of this then keep it around. Open to offers.

EDIT:

After looking at real oem i have figured out the cost of everything i have brand new is 552 without shipping. I dont know what that site does for shipping but i will just say its free. At this point 230 shipped is fair. If you want to pay shipping the price is 160 and you pay actual cost! I live in nebraska so shipping to either coast is going to be a decent amount of money.

Still willing to entertain offers. If you have some stock parts laying around or parting out a car i will listen to ANYTHING. Color matched alpine white grille's. Trunk finisher. Black and white or even stock roundels, rpi scoop, aw roof spoiler, lci tails, bruce's cables, and maybe a few other things are all stuff i would be interested in. Obviously im willing to play lets make a deal because its fun and i dont need to have this laying around and its whatever. Thanks for viewing....sorry for all the BS.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='887270' date='May 23 2009, 12:51 AM
i said from the start i was willing to entertain any offers. i went as far as saying i would trade for a rpi scoop and roundels. clearly that ISNT over priced.

I understand the lip but do you think your going to goto a dealer or buy a brand new stock muffler for a good price? No, the dealer is clearly going to stick it to you. Considering i was asking 230 shipped. I live in nebraska and it cost me 21 dollars to ship a wii which was 20 pounds. This muffler is going to cost me atleast 50-60 shipped if not more. Therefore the muffler cost is really around 170ish. Would you rather pay 170 for a muffler on your lease trade in or buy a brand new one from the dealer? Sorry you thought my price for something that doesnt affect you was out of line. I said from the start i would rather get rid of this then keep it around. Open to offers.

EDIT:

After looking at real oem i have figured out the cost of everything i have brand new is 552 without shipping. I dont know what that site does for shipping but i will just say its free. At this point 230 shipped is fair. If you want to pay shipping the price is 160 and you pay actual cost! I live in nebraska so shipping to either coast is going to be a decent amount of money.

Still willing to entertain offers. If you have some stock parts laying around or parting out a car i will listen to ANYTHING. Color matched alpine white grille's. Trunk finisher. Black and white or even stock roundels, rpi scoop, aw roof spoiler, lci tails, bruce's cables, and maybe a few other things are all stuff i would be interested in. Obviously im willing to play lets make a deal because its fun and i dont need to have this laying around and its whatever. Thanks for viewing....sorry for all the BS.

Brett, REAL OEM is priced 10-15% over actual BMW pricing. I would save your OEM exhaust because you will find out soon enough that MagnaSLOW exhausts are horrible and you have lost considerable performance by installing this muffler. Multiple Dyno tests have shown that MagnaSLOW Exhausts cause a considerable loss of HP/Torque on ALL E60 motors. I have a MagnaSLOW exhaust on my 550 and I would advise anyone considering buying a MagnaSLOW exhaust...DO NOT DO IT!!! The MagnaSLOW exhaust is best used as a boat anchor or farm implement.

Do not sell your OEM exhaust Brett. You will not have your 530i forever and chances are the next owner will not appreciate the excessive droning and loss of horsepower from the MagnaSLOW.

Sorry if this is harsh but it is 100% accurate.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='887295' date='May 22 2009, 11:39 PM
Brett, REAL OEM is priced 10-15% over actual BMW pricing. I would save your OEM exhaust because you will find out soon enough that MagnaSLOW exhausts are horrible and you have lost considerable performance by installing this muffler. Multiple Dyno tests have shown that MagnaSLOW Exhausts cause a considerable loss of HP/Torque on ALL E60 motors. I have a MagnaSLOW exhaust on my 550 and I would advise anyone considering buying a MagnaSLOW exhaust...DO NOT DO IT!!! The MagnaSLOW exhaust is best used as a boat anchor or farm implement.

Do not sell your OEM exhaust Brett. You will not have your 530i forever and chances are the next owner will not appreciate the excessive droning and loss of horsepower from the MagnaSLOW.

Sorry if this is harsh but it is 100% accurate.

+1
Old 05-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

lol another stupid thread of people arguing... Hahah. Let her post it for whatever price she wants, If people dont like it dont buy it. And if somebody really wants it make an offer
Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='887148' date='May 22 2009, 10:01 PM
Why is everyone being so sarcastic? AWG is just trying to sell something. Some people might actually want a stock exhaust. I saw a stock exhaust get sold a few months ago.
I don't get why this is such a big deal... just someone selling a high quality exhaust...

Not 100% sure about others, but I am just having some fun here, being silly. I suspect and hope that Alpine White Girl is a big girl, and she can handle the ribbing. She probably grew up with a couple of brothers who also teased the hell out of her.

The more I read this thread and think about it, the more I realize that the members on this tread all seem very comfortable with each other. That leads to some verbal and playful abuse. If anyone really wanted to be really abusive here, I suspect many of us would step in and correct the poster of the abuse.

In short, let's continue having fun. No matter what kind of price, AWG puts on her muffler, there will be 10 other people who will have 13 different opinions.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

God damn guys, if you aren't interested in the exhaust don't post. It pisses me off when people take a dump on someones thread if they don't think they should sell it or if they think the price is too high. Let her sell her damn exhaust! She didn't even post a price and was willing to trade it for roundels. I'm sure someone who owns a e60 would have a use for a stock exhaust, especially if a car has been in a wreck recently and someone is looking for OEM parts.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='887915' date='May 23 2009, 06:33 PM
God damn guys, if you aren't interested in the exhaust don't post. It pisses me off when people take a dump on someones thread if they don't think they should sell it or if they think the price is too high. Let her sell her damn exhaust! She didn't even post a price and was willing to trade it for roundels. I'm sure someone who owns a e60 would have a use for a stock exhaust, especially if a car has been in a wreck recently and someone is looking for OEM parts.

dude we always jump on vendors if the prices are too high, what makes private sellers immune from the same scrutiny?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='887932' date='May 23 2009, 09:48 PM
dude we always jump on vendors if the prices are too high, what makes private sellers immune from the same scrutiny?
But the price wasn't too high. New roundels and a scoop is NOT over priced IMO.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Old 05-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Contributors

whats the dyno and the loss of power on a 530?? If its 1-7 its not noticeable AT THE WHEELS. Im not trying to make my 530 something its not. ITS NOT FAST AND ITS NOT GOING TO BE. ITS 225 HP, A GOD DAMN NISSAN MAXIMUM IS FASTER. Would i rather have a nissan? no. This exhaust looks and sounds great. Thats what im interested in. Stock exhaust is not over priced, OEM PARTS COST MORE THAN A MAGNAFLOW. Get over it ptl. Price is fair. If your interested let me know! Thanks for viewing and shitting on my thread.

Quick Reply: Stock 530i muffler