Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

PROcede tuner, trying to get an idea if this is a wanted item.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

I wanted to get an idea if anyone would be interested in buying my PROcede tuner. Potentially selling it, just depends on if i end up selling my car in two weeks. This tuner is in excellent condition and was purchased last thursday. The link to the site where i bought it is below. My asking price would be $645, $100 less than what i paid.

http://procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I am sure it will sell here, but try E90post for good measure. I see these things for sale almost every day over there. And it is a wanted item.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I can vouch for this tuner. If you have a 535 you will not regret getting this. Vishnu Tuning provides lots of updates at no cost that constantly make the tune better than when you purchased it.

GLWS
Old 01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Initially i wasnt very happy with this tuner and the customer support at vishnu. However! My opinion changed dramatically after talking further with the folks from Vishnu. When i initally installed it i didnt reset commands 1-12 in mode 3 and i was getting a Engine malfunction code. I was perplexed to say the least and just when i was about ready to give up robert at vishnu really pulled through for me and stood behind his product. The install video itself is for a Pre LCI so it was a little strange at first. They are working on a new video but in the meantime i plan on writing up a DIY and listing all the problems i encountered and their fix actions. I'll use this opportunity to say that i am not selling my car after all and will not be selling this tuner. My car runs like a raped ape, i went neck and neck with my buddies Chrysler 300 SRT 8 at first, then pulled ahead and walked on him. He was not amused at all and is currently purchasing more mods to beef up his car. All i could say was "get a 535".
Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by epilithic
Initially i wasnt very happy with this tuner and the customer support at vishnu. However! My opinion changed dramatically after talking further with the folks from Vishnu. When i initally installed it i didnt reset commands 1-12 in mode 3 and i was getting a Engine malfunction code. I was perplexed to say the least and just when i was about ready to give up robert at vishnu really pulled through for me and stood behind his product. The install video itself is for a Pre LCI so it was a little strange at first. They are working on a new video but in the meantime i plan on writing up a DIY and listing all the problems i encountered and their fix actions. I'll use this opportunity to say that i am not selling my car after all and will not be selling this tuner. My car runs like a raped ape, i went neck and neck with my buddies Chrysler 300 SRT 8 at first, then pulled ahead and walked on him. He was not amused at all and is currently purchasing more mods to beef up his car. All i could say was "get a 535".
Be sure to check the linky in my signature with some notes on adding their PWM Meth kit. If you love how it feels with just the Procede you gotta try it with meth!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

Just checked out your post and holy crap, thats awesome. That is pro quality work. I knew map 4 was for meth but i had no idea what it entailed. I might wait until my warranty expires to do the meth kit though. Im sure you know this but when running on map 1 im at 13 psi and map 2 14 psi, are you at 16 psi because of the meth or did you load agressive maps to your procede? I plan on running the software and changing the boost value however they are both set at 18 so its a bit confusing. Do you think i would be better off just loading an aggressive map or messing with the values already set on map 1 & 2?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by epilithic
Just checked out your post and holy crap, thats awesome. That is pro quality work. I knew map 4 was for meth but i had no idea what it entailed. I might wait until my warranty expires to do the meth kit though. Im sure you know this but when running on map 1 im at 13 psi and map 2 14 psi, are you at 16 psi because of the meth or did you load agressive maps to your procede? I plan on running the software and changing the boost value however they are both set at 18 so its a bit confusing. Do you think i would be better off just loading an aggressive map or messing with the values already set on map 1 & 2?
Best bet is to go to the Aggressive maps, pick stage 1, and do some logs to check that everything looks goods. The aggressive maps do a much better job at handling all the other settings that go along with high performance. For example, we can get better performance by altering timing, etc and maybe even run a lower boost which is a big win - more power at lower boost.

The aggressive maps were not out when I wrote up those notes. My performance is better and driveability is even better now.

The thing with the aggressive maps is it will point out any deficiency you have - everything needs to be spot on maintenance wise. Typical areas of weakness are vanos solenoids (may need to be cleaned or replace) , Spark Plugs, and injectors all are DIY if anything pops up.

The 16psi I reported then was due to running meth to keep temps down and the extra octane.