Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

OEM E60 M5 Wheels & Tires For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1043162' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:19 PM
highedu:

I suggest you pay the minimal amount of $30 or whatever your local shop charges to split the tires from the wheels and sell them separately. There are many more NON-M owners than there are M owners, so obviously the tires will be of no use to most of us.

Hope this helps..
That is good feedback. Any idea on what fair value is for the wheels and tires separately?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1043162' date='Oct 29 2009, 07:19 PM
highedu:

I suggest you pay the minimal amount of $30 or whatever your local shop charges to split the tires from the wheels and sell them separately. There are many more NON-M owners than there are M owners, so obviously the tires will be of no use to most of us.

Hope this helps..
+1. M5 owners get Style 166 wheels with their cars. But, understandably, many non-M owners want those wheels.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by highedu' post='1043170' date='Oct 29 2009, 04:24 PM
That is good feedback. Any idea on what fair value is for the wheels and tires separately?

I believe BNIB 166's from Garry of Newport BMW are around $2200 shipped? Even though your 166's are mint, the fact that they have been mounted on tires before makes them "used."

Somewhere in the $1500 mark +/- would be "fair," but that ultimately would be a decision between yourself and the buyer on what would be considered fair..

I'm sure the tires would sell quick for any M owners looking for OEM replacements.

GL with the sale
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1043204' date='Oct 29 2009, 05:26 PM
I believe BNIB 166's from Garry of Newport BMW are around $2200 shipped? Even though your 166's are mint, the fact that they have been mounted on tires before makes them "used."

Somewhere in the $1500 mark +/- would be "fair," but that ultimately would be a decision between yourself and the buyer on what would be considered fair..

I'm sure the tires would sell quick for any M owners looking for OEM replacements.

GL with the sale

this is a good evaluation of the wheels

take for instance there are some m166's powdercoated anthracite with good tires going for 2k with shipping

they have a wee bit of rash but these are with tires that are the right size for a non m e60.

I would price yours around $1350 plus $120 shipping or so just for the wheels if they are close to mint, if they have some rash or chips, then around $1200
Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

This thread has been cleaned up. highedu our members make good points. Everyone looks out for one another here so do not take offense to those members however other posts clearly were looking to stir up trouble and were removed. I think too you will be best off selling the 166 rims only without the tires. Best of luck!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I know highedu from M5Board and he's a local member in my area. Though we haven't met in person, we've exchanged many PMs and emails and I feel that he's a very upstanding person and completely vouch for him. He posted his wheels for sale and didn't direct it solely to regular E60 buyers so I don't see any issues with it.

Highedu, like others have said, keep the option of selling the wheels separate from the tires and perhaps post pricing for both. You don't have to remove the tires yet in case an M5 owner may want to pick up the complete set but at least be prepared to do so if someone just want the wheels (or tires). Good luck bud.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1043651' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:34 AM
I know highedu from M5Board and he's a local member in my area. Though we haven't met in person, we've exchanged many PMs and emails and I feel that he's a very upstanding person and completely vouch for him. He posted his wheels for sale and didn't direct it solely to regular E60 buyers so I don't see any issues with it.

Highedu, like others have said, keep the option of selling the wheels separate from the tires and perhaps post pricing for both. You don't have to remove the tires yet in case an M5 owner may want to pick up the complete set but at least be prepared to do so if someone just want the wheels (or tires). Good luck bud.
the only issue was when a reg e60 owner inquired about it he said they would work, and that MAYBE he would need to fender rolll

when asked again he said that it would be fine under normal driving conditions, excluding bumps etc

thats a bit misleading for a non M owner who doesnt know any better IMHO
Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1043652' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:39 AM
the only issue was when a reg e60 owner inquired about it he said they would work, and that MAYBE he would need to fender rolll

when asked again he said that it would be fine under normal driving conditions, excluding bumps etc

thats a bit misleading for a non M owner who doesnt know any better IMHO
My friend used my M5 wheels and tires on his 550 and it only rubbed in the rear over bumps. Of course, you can argue that going over bumps is part of "normal driving conditions". Regardless, highedu answered with information to the best of his knowledge and wasn't trying to intentionally mislead anyone. I'm sure the members here appreciated your clarification on the matter although I personally didn't think the remark about him being new to the forum and only here to sell his wheels was necessary.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1043654' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:45 AM
My friend used my M5 wheels and tires on his 550 and it only rubbed in the rear over bumps. Of course, you can argue that going over bumps is part of "normal driving conditions". Regardless, highedu answered with information to the best of his knowledge and wasn't trying to intentionally mislead anyone. I'm sure the members here appreciated your clarification on the matter although I personally didn't think the remark about him being new to the forum and only here to sell his wheels was necessary.
I appreciate all the feedback from the member of this forum. As I said before, I have received valuable information from folks on this forum and others that have helped in my own modding experiences with my M5. When I made the comment about not rubbing in normal conditions it was only after doing a google search and seeing other posts that had indicated that it may or may not be a problem. I could not say for sure which is why I presented the fender roll option.

In any case I think all of you make good points about selling the wheels and tires separately for Non M owners who may want the wheels an would want to go with thinner tires. That being said I am open to anybody who wants to purchase just the wheels or just the tires. Send me a PM if you want one or the other, or even both.

Eurocarfan, thanks for the help as always, look forward to seeing you at the next meet!

Praisethelowered, sorry we got off on the wrong foot, I appreciate your concern and would agree that it is probably a best practice for somebody with a non M car to go with a different set of tires.

Thanks Guys
Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

So was there ever a price for just the wheels actually posted here??

Quick Reply: OEM E60 M5 Wheels & Tires For Sale