Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Technic. Reading the CIC Upgrade Log and some other audio threads around here i must agree that you must be the audio expert
I currently started upgraded my sound sistem. the amps should come in 2 days.
i will do this in steps, first im going with the amps
What i ordered was :
DLS Ultimate A2 (2x85 4ohm) (to drive the probably future Morel Dotech Ovation 4)
Helix Dark Blue 4 (4x60 4ohm) (to drive the future underseat shallow subs and rear speakers)

I am looking into building a warm Sound Quality sistem not SPL

what im planning on the near future is:
Morel Dotech Ovation 4 or hybrid ovation for the fronts
rears dont matter at this moment of time
my biggest issue at the moment is the underseat subwoofer choice:
*earthquake SWS-8 - by the looks of it for me this is a cracker and i don`t like it at all
*pioneer ts-sw841D - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ount/TS-SW841D - is this another cracker ?
*Kicker SSMB8 - i know kicker has fame for producing incredible SPL - however i am looking for SQ - also hard to get for me in romania but this doesn`t matter, i need the best SQ in the considered budget

*morel supremo 9 - i instantly fell in love with it however when i ebayed for it, 750$/piece made me cry
*Helix Esprit E8W - only 50mm depth - why wasnt this be mentioned before ? http://www.helixhifi.com/products/pr...item_id=142203

so basically i am looking into obtaining a quality woofer. what would you recomend based on the following list ? i have bolded what i would choose from and i am looking forward for your pro answer.
also, is this Helix Dark Blue 4 able to drive them ? (using 2 channels for rears, 2 channels for underseat)

sorry for offtopic-ing this thread but couldn`t find how to pm you. i`ll also mail you, hoping for a fast answer cause i might need to throw the Helix DB4 away.

Thanks a million
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

I will go with the Kicker SSMB8 or the Jehnert XE 200 woofers, and power them with the DLS Ultimate A2. The front and rear could be powered by the Helix amp.

I have not seen the Helix E8W woofers nor I know the frequency response, much less if they will fit the OEM enclosure.

Originally Posted by flo_sb
Hey Technic. Reading the CIC Upgrade Log and some other audio threads around here i must agree that you must be the audio expert
I currently started upgraded my sound sistem. the amps should come in 2 days.
i will do this in steps, first im going with the amps
What i ordered was :
DLS Ultimate A2 (2x85 4ohm) (to drive the probably future Morel Dotech Ovation 4)
Helix Dark Blue 4 (4x60 4ohm) (to drive the future underseat shallow subs and rear speakers)

I am looking into building a warm Sound Quality sistem not SPL

what im planning on the near future is:
Morel Dotech Ovation 4 or hybrid ovation for the fronts
rears dont matter at this moment of time
my biggest issue at the moment is the underseat subwoofer choice:
*earthquake SWS-8 - by the looks of it for me this is a cracker and i don`t like it at all
*pioneer ts-sw841D - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ount/TS-SW841D - is this another cracker ?
*Kicker SSMB8 - i know kicker has fame for producing incredible SPL - however i am looking for SQ - also hard to get for me in romania but this doesn`t matter, i need the best SQ in the considered budget

*morel supremo 9 - i instantly fell in love with it however when i ebayed for it, 750$/piece made me cry
*Helix Esprit E8W - only 50mm depth - why wasnt this be mentioned before ? http://www.helixhifi.com/products/pr...item_id=142203

so basically i am looking into obtaining a quality woofer. what would you recomend based on the following list ? i have bolded what i would choose from and i am looking forward for your pro answer.
also, is this Helix Dark Blue 4 able to drive them ? (using 2 channels for rears, 2 channels for underseat)

sorry for offtopic-ing this thread but couldn`t find how to pm you. i`ll also mail you, hoping for a fast answer cause i might need to throw the Helix DB4 away.

Thanks a million
Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Members

thanks allot for your advice, will take it into consideration
Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Members

Hey Technic. I just received the amps and lost about 3-4hours untill dawn to disconnect all the crap so i could route the new speaker cable.
I got into a big issue. the place where the pipeline of cables from the door goes into the carbody. there`s a bloody big connector ( i thought the wires just continue ), leaving no place for my new audio cable.
what workaround would you suggest into solving this ?
i was thinking of either cutting few cm before and after the connector and connecting the new wire there but i`m afraid i will loose quality because of this or is it best that that i just cut abit of the carbody so i make place for my new speaker cable ?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Contributors

Hey Technic. I just received the amps and lost about 3-4hours untill dawn to disconnect all the crap so i could route the new speaker cable.
I got into a big issue. the place where the pipeline of cables from the door goes into the carbody. there`s a bloody big connector ( i thought the wires just continue ), leaving no place for my new audio cable.
what workaround would you suggest into solving this ?
i was thinking of either cutting few cm before and after the connector and connecting the new wire there but i`m afraid i will loose quality because of this or is it best that that i just cut abit of the carbody so i make place for my new speaker cable ?
Your existing OEM speaker wires in the doors are perfectly good for the 60W or 85W that you are planning to feed, no need to replace/add new wires.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Members

Well, i did not have any wires for the speakers leaded to the trunk (standard audio) so i had to put some. the temporary solution i adopted was to make the connections right after the wire entered the carbody (temporary because i`m planning for adding the other part - carbody to door when i`m adding new speakers). Bout 17h hours of work for the fronts (subs not included). (i know, i`m slow, and we were 2 people). I`m out of cable, so i went to the next step.

FINALLY, I connected the high level input of the Helix Dark Blue 4 and starting pumping some watts into the door speakers.
total disapointment. prolly part of it is cos of the shitty rca connectors that i had.
either way, i just realised that the standard audio CCC does the following:
with fader set to front, balance left: u can still hear sound, ~chopping sound on the front right, very low. same thing vice versa. (balance right, u can hear sound on the left).
with fader set to rear: the front door speakers still receive allot of bass.

this is confirmed with the CCC amplifying and the Dark Blue 4. when running on DB4, this amplifies to even worse.
Finally, i connected my HD2/friends Iphone for some good line level signal. raise in quality, but then i realised the speakers are total crap.

Either way, my biggest concern atm is:
considering the HU is such garbage, do you know if JBL MS-8 is going to be able to fix things up FULLY ?
Are my issues with the fader and balance normal with the normal CCC or am i the only one who is experiencing them ?

Thank you.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport

Technic

If you have a harness in stock I will take one. Please advise.

I'm new on this forum (I just got the 535i) so I don't have PM but I can email you and figure out the paypal etc.

Let me know,

Thanks in advance,

George
Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by androulakis
Technic

If you have a harness in stock I will take one. Please advise.

I'm new on this forum (I just got the 535i) so I don't have PM but I can email you and figure out the paypal etc.

Let me know,

Thanks in advance,

George
Hi George... I have some harnesses available. PayPal is m3jonese@netscape.net.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Well, i did not have any wires for the speakers leaded to the trunk (standard audio) so i had to put some. the temporary solution i adopted was to make the connections right after the wire entered the carbody (temporary because i`m planning for adding the other part - carbody to door when i`m adding new speakers). Bout 17h hours of work for the fronts (subs not included). (i know, i`m slow, and we were 2 people). I`m out of cable, so i went to the next step.

FINALLY, I connected the high level input of the Helix Dark Blue 4 and starting pumping some watts into the door speakers.
total disapointment. prolly part of it is cos of the shitty rca connectors that i had.
either way, i just realised that the standard audio CCC does the following:
with fader set to front, balance left: u can still hear sound, ~chopping sound on the front right, very low. same thing vice versa. (balance right, u can hear sound on the left).
with fader set to rear: the front door speakers still receive allot of bass.

this is confirmed with the CCC amplifying and the Dark Blue 4. when running on DB4, this amplifies to even worse.
Finally, i connected my HD2/friends Iphone for some good line level signal. raise in quality, but then i realised the speakers are total crap.

Either way, my biggest concern atm is:
considering the HU is such garbage, do you know if JBL MS-8 is going to be able to fix things up FULLY ?
Are my issues with the fader and balance normal with the normal CCC or am i the only one who is experiencing them ?

Thank you.
For sure, the MS_8 will help you tune your system much better just because it has many more tuning tools than what you have now. So yes, you will be able to fix quite a number of your problems with the MS-8.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport

Originally Posted by Technic
Hi George... I have some harnesses available. PayPal is m3jonese@netscape.net.

Thanks
Shot you a quick email.

Thanks in advance,

George

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC