Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I figured it out. When the plug between the two harnesses is plugged in the underseat subs are on is that right? It sounds a lot better with only the sub in the trunk plugged in.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by crazyj23
I think I figured it out. When the plug between the two harnesses is plugged in the underseat subs are on is that right? It sounds a lot better with only the sub in the trunk plugged in.
Yes, the plug in between the harness is a "quick disconnect" for the underseat woofers. This way they can also be powered by an aftermarket amp without cutting any OEM wires.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Members

So wouldI connect the bottom plug to the aftemarket amp?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by crazyj23
So wouldI connect the bottom plug to the aftemarket amp?
Yes, the pigtail included connects to the aftermarket amp outputs and then to the harness underseat woofer plug.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

Are these still available?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
Are these still available?
Yes, they are.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M Sport Titan Silver with Black Leather Interior, Style 172 19s, Sunroof, Professional Nav CCC Retrofit (thanks Patryk), Bluetooth.

Hi Technic,

I'm interested in one too. How much to ship to Australia?

I just ordered two SWS 8x Earthquake subs for under the seats. I have the Hi Fi Stereo.

Any firm recommendations on an amp?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nick530
Hi Technic,

I'm interested in one too. How much to ship to Australia?

I just ordered two SWS 8x Earthquake subs for under the seats. I have the Hi Fi Stereo.

Any firm recommendations on an amp?
PM for details...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Members

If you were to have multiple amps would you need a crossover, or do you have a version with more than one output converter? Right now I will only be putting a sub in the trunk and 1 amp but would like the option to upgrade in the future. Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous question, I just have never played with an LOC before.

Secondly does it matter which wires you tap into as far as control is concerned for the sub or does the lpf on the amp take care of this concern? Lastly would you recommend using a crossover to get the best possible sound now and later to provide the best possible sound, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Tyler

The way this harness/LOC is setup is to use the OEM amp woofer outputs (low passed) as the source of a trunk sub/underseat woofer aftermarket amplifier inputs.

Any other configuration -powering up the rest of the OEM speakers/aftermarket is not supported as the OEM amp in the trunk is only connected to the underseat woofers. All the rest of the speakers (high passes) are powered by the iDrive unit in the dash.

You will need more than a simple crossover to make the OEM signal (high pass and low pass together) a better full range signal for aftermarket amplifiers. You need at least something like the Cleansweep and its summing device.

Originally Posted by skunkedtsi
If you were to have multiple amps would you need a crossover, or do you have a version with more than one output converter? Right now I will only be putting a sub in the trunk and 1 amp but would like the option to upgrade in the future. Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous question, I just have never played with an LOC before.

Secondly does it matter which wires you tap into as far as control is concerned for the sub or does the lpf on the amp take care of this concern? Lastly would you recommend using a crossover to get the best possible sound now and later to provide the best possible sound, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC