Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by armin
quick question regarding this harness, is it possible to add a sub box for the boot running off a monoblock AND keep the woofers underneath the seats running off the stock amp?

yup, that will work just fine, that's how I'm using mine, for now...I have a 4 channel alpine back there and I'm only using two channels bridged for a small kicker 10" in a sealed enclosure. More than ample. no problem with bass getting in the cabin.

I've gotten the improved harness and I'm going to run the underseat subs with the other two channels off the alpine, when I get time.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 545felix
yup, that will work just fine, that's how I'm using mine, for now...I have a 4 channel alpine back there and I'm only using two channels bridged for a small kicker 10" in a sealed enclosure. More than ample. no problem with bass getting in the cabin.

I've gotten the improved harness and I'm going to run the underseat subs with the other two channels off the alpine, when I get time.

do you have the cutout for the ski pass in your car though?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

quick question regarding this harness, is it possible to add a sub box for the boot running off a monoblock AND keep the woofers underneath the seats running off the stock amp?

cheers.

also payment was sent
Thanks...

Once you receive the harness you will see a connector with 4 "Woofer" labels on it. Unplug it from the harness and plug it to the matching connector in the same harness. That will make your OEM amp power the underseat woofers.

Keep the connector with the 4 labels, you will use that connector at the outputs of your aftermarket amp when you are ready to power the underseat woofers separately from the OEM amp. Unplug the woofer connectors from the harness, and plug this labeled connector back in... that's it.

To be more precise,

i have a JL 250/1v2 Amp i wish to drive either a 12w3v3 or 10w3v3 woofer in the boot, along with the factory woofers under the seat, i originally wanted to change the woofers under the seat to the SWS8X and run them in 2 ohm on the monoblock, but from what i have been reading they dont put out too much bass.

also i have no ski pass in my car, so not sure if i would have to cut it out, or sufficient bass will travel through to the cabin.

any help would be much appreciated.
The SWS-8 sound great with processing and an amp, and so-so with just a separate amp.

No need to cut anything in your E60 to get bass in the cabin, just a clean, powerful and tight sub.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

do you have the cutout for the ski pass in your car though?

nope. back seat is solid metal behind the cushion. note that i wasn't looking to rock the neighbor's car, I just wanted that lowest octave that the L7 just can't handle. you can very easily overpower the L7 with the sub if all you want to hear is bass. I prefer still hearing the entire frequency range with a nice kick from the bass drum (or synth, whatever the case may be).
Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
Thanks...

Once you receive the harness you will see a connector with 4 "Woofer" labels on it. Unplug it from the harness and plug it to the matching connector in the same harness. That will make your OEM amp power the underseat woofers.

Keep the connector with the 4 labels, you will use that connector at the outputs of your aftermarket amp when you are ready to power the underseat woofers separately from the OEM amp. Unplug the woofer connectors from the harness, and plug this labeled connector back in... that's it.

The SWS-8 sound great with processing and an amp, and so-so with just a separate amp.

No need to cut anything in your E60 to get bass in the cabin, just a clean, powerful and tight sub.
when you say processing, do you mean a equalizer? or just a frequency cutoff?

would you recommend upgrading the stock woofer first and see how i go with it? or just bite the bullet and put a sub box in the rear?

thanks again for the help
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 545felix
nope. back seat is solid metal behind the cushion. note that i wasn't looking to rock the neighbor's car, I just wanted that lowest octave that the L7 just can't handle. you can very easily overpower the L7 with the sub if all you want to hear is bass. I prefer still hearing the entire frequency range with a nice kick from the bass drum (or synth, whatever the case may be).

cheers for that
Old 12-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
Improved harness is now available:

- add a trunk sub and/or power the underseat woofers with a separate amp, no need to cut OEM wires or harness itself
- quick underseat woofers connectors with 12AWG wires labeled for easy connection to your aftermarket amp outputs

Price the same, $85 shipped...
I sent you an email yesterday ... but just in case it got lost somewhere in cyberspace my email is bautile {at} gmail dot com

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Members

Hi Technic,

could you please email me price for postage to Australia? I am unable to PM you.

armin@m8telecom.com.au

Thank you
I GOT MY HARNESS TODAY!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Cant wait to install it
Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bautile
I sent you an email yesterday ... but just in case it got lost somewhere in cyberspace my email is bautile {at} gmail dot com

Thanks!
I replied to your sending email yesterday, which it is not the same email address as the one posted above... I forwarded the reply to this gmail address.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

I GOT MY HARNESS TODAY!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Cant wait to install it
Thanks...

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC