Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Mr. 530I
Thanks Technic I got my harness today. The service was very quick with no problems...thats good business. I plan on getting it hooked up this week I'm just waiting on my box and amp to come. I'll try to take some pics after the install.
Thank you very much...
Old 10-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i with sport package and premium package..

Are these still available? if so, I'll take one.. Do I just send the payment to your paypal?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60CEEZ
Are these still available? if so, I'll take one.. Do I just send the payment to your paypal?
Yes, they are available... you could send payment to PayPal with a note with model year/BMW model and what you would like to order, please.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
The same harness used to add a trunk sub in the Logic7 can be modified to add a processor and then aftermarket amps to the OEM system.
Would it be possible to just add a LOC to every channel and still use the Logic7 DSP? Would the sound be degraded?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by VinceM
Would it be possible to just add a LOC to every channel and still use the Logic7 DSP? Would the sound be degraded?
If you think that your Logic7 does not sound great right now, then more power will make it sound the same but louder.

Either:

a)
- replace the OEM component and mid speakers with the BSW kit (optimized to the OEM amp power output)
- replace the OEM woofers and add a 2-channel amp to drive just the new woofers (SWS-8, Jehnerts or Raibow), or just add a trunk sub and a mono amp

b)
- add a JBL MS-8 while keeping the OEM speakers, but replacing the OEM woofers/adding amp or sub.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
New Members

Quick question. I just have a loc that is tapped into the left and right rear speakers. It really limits my sound. If i use this harness would i get more/better sounding bass?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by anthony1993418
Quick question. I just have a loc that is tapped into the left and right rear speakers. It really limits my sound. If i use this harness would i get more/better sounding bass?
There is no bass signal on the rear speakers... they are high passed at a about 150Hz.

If you are using taps anyways then remove the taps from the rear speakers and tap the OEM amp woofer outputs instead... that will give you the bass signal for your sub.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
If you think that your Logic7 does not sound great right now, then more power will make it sound the same but louder.

Either:

a)
- replace the OEM component and mid speakers with the BSW kit (optimized to the OEM amp power output)
- replace the OEM woofers and add a 2-channel amp to drive just the new woofers (SWS-8, Jehnerts or Raibow), or just add a trunk sub and a mono amp

b)
- add a JBL MS-8 while keeping the OEM speakers, but replacing the OEM woofers/adding amp or sub.
It sounds great most days. But there are those days that I wish I could go a bit louder. I also miss the feel of a good SQ 12" sub. I'm going to start with just adding more bass, but I think I will end up with upgrading all of the speakers and adding external amplifiers (minus center channel). How much would a harness like this run me? Do you know what the frequency range is on sub output?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by VinceM
It sounds great most days. But there are those days that I wish I could go a bit louder. I also miss the feel of a good SQ 12" sub. I'm going to start with just adding more bass, but I think I will end up with upgrading all of the speakers and adding external amplifiers (minus center channel). How much would a harness like this run me? Do you know what the frequency range is on sub output?
The harness/LOC for a trunk sub/underseat woofers amp add-on is $85 shipped. The harness itself can be modified/cut to be the interface of any processor/summing device/amp that you may use to powerup all the speakers. No need of cutting any OEM wires, just the harness.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Contributors

Double post.

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC