Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

E60 E61 E63 E64; 5 series, 6 series AUX-IN cable with DIY $34.99 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwietstorm
Just received my cable but it did not come with instructions. The ebay listing said it was supposed to come with instructions. I have everything apart, I just need to know which pin plugs into which slot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just PMed you on eBay
Old 02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Do you still have these for sale?... Yours doesn't come with the small plate and screws though right?

Last edited by Quarta2six; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I went and meet up with yura earlier today and he's a great guy. We had a slight problem with the fact that I have a cd changer but not connected to the radio (WTF?!) and we couldn't find the cable. We worked through it and I had a nice drive back listening to my music through the cable.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
Do you still have these for sale?... Yours doesn't come with the small plate and screws though right?
Yes i still sell them. And no screws, but it nicely mounts on the plastic/trim because the socket has some thread and a little nut on the tip so it mounts nice and looks slick.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20

Originally Posted by ETNav382
I went and meet up with yura earlier today and he's a great guy. We had a slight problem with the fact that I have a cd changer but not connected to the radio (WTF?!) and we couldn't find the cable. We worked through it and I had a nice drive back listening to my music through the cable.
Does having a CD changer complicate the retrofit or was it just a problem that you ran into? I have a CD changer as well.

Originally Posted by yura290
Yes i still sell them. And no screws, but it nicely mounts on the plastic/trim because the socket has some thread and a little nut on the tip so it mounts nice and looks slick.
Ok cool that works. Im going to run a some cord from the back of the radio to the back of the center console and measure it to see how long I need the cord. I'll let you know how long I need it to be. How much extra will you charge me if its over 20''?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

It was a problem for me, somehow the cable was missing from the cable run and I'll take a pic of where I had mine installed in about an hour so you can see where it goes.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ETNav382
It was a problem for me, somehow the cable was missing from the cable run and I'll take a pic of where I had mine installed in about an hour so you can see where it goes.
Can Aux be coded along with having the CD changer? or when you code aux do you loose it?...Im a little confused about what went wrong during your install not to sound like a dunce...lol Im going to run my cable the the center console and put it where it comes factory. I cant see myself having the Ipod in my glove box when I need to change the song.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
Can Aux be coded along with having the CD changer? or when you code aux do you loose it?...Im a little confused about what went wrong during your install not to sound like a dunce...lol Im going to run my cable the the center console and put it where it comes factory. I cant see myself having the Ipod in my glove box when I need to change the song.
If you have a cd changer then you're good. See when you buy a cable from dealer and follow their instructions you will lose your cd changer because the cable connector replaces the connector from cd changer. If you install the cable my way you get to keep the cd changer and get aux. Yes it can be coded and no you won't lose cd changer. The problem we ran into with him was the cd changer connector wasn't behind the stereo unit so there was nowhere to connect the cable to. And you don't have to run it to the arm rest if that's what you're trying to do. You can mount it right below the stereo unit or the little compartment below it if you have it.
Attached Thumbnails E60 E61 E63 E64; 5 series, 6 series AUX-IN cable with DIY .99 shipped-image.jpg  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by yura290
If you have a cd changer then you're good. See when you buy a cable from dealer and follow their instructions you will lose your cd changer because the cable connector replaces the connector from cd changer. If you install the cable my way you get to keep the cd changer and get aux. Yes it can be coded and no you won't lose cd changer. The problem we ran into with him was the cd changer connector wasn't behind the stereo unit so there was nowhere to connect the cable to. And you don't have to run it to the arm rest if that's what you're trying to do. You can mount it right below the stereo unit or the little compartment below it if you have it.
Ok cool... I wanted to run it into the armrest becuase I dont like seeing wires (i.e. audio cable) not yours. That is a smooth spot you have in the pic I will still see the ipod cord though. I'll figure out where exactly I want to put it.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
New Members

I just relisted the cable on eBay and updated the link in my first post. Had over 170 cables sold in the previous listing. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: E60 E61 E63 E64; 5 series, 6 series AUX-IN cable with DIY $34.99 shipped