Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Bumping Threads Banned

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 M5

Other forums have vendor forums and private classifieds and allow bumping once a day and that's cool... works well. Sometimes you are looking for private sales and sometimes for new stuff so this is a great way to make it easy to find what you are looking for. It will bring a lot of sanity to the classifieds that is desperately missing right now.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

we need some segregation in the classifieds
Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Contributors

my350Z.com has an excellent structure in its Classifieds section. Plus they have strict sticky forum rules above to all who post in the classified... but it's absolutely organized well, just an FYI

Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Pardon me, I was doing a search on bumpers and ended up here...

What's everyone talking about again?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Since I am more interested in technical issues I would welcome both suggestions - ban the b**p (hopfully this will not show up in a search for you know what) and segregate private from commercial sales. Iceman has given perfectly legit methods to to update a thread without the use of the b**p technique.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='719855' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:16 AM
Finally the Admin will set up some rules and policy. From my experiences with other forums, I didn't really see there is a rule or policy of deleting the "bump" threads, but there really is a policy saying you can only bump once a day. Lowering prices will only make the martket bad like Ebay, and the quality of products will getting worse because no one is willing to pay good prices for good quality stuff. But it's a good thing to seperate vendors and private sellers, and vendors should pay monthly fee in order to sell.
Now we have a rule: NO bumps, ttt's, Up's, PM replied, etc.
This is NOT a ONCE a day is OK policy!

What you say about the prices sounds funny from a guy that sells REPLICAS and doesn't give out prices, what should and hopefully will be the next big nono here, and tries to make maximum profit with different pricing for different people without saying it's a replica, the third nono IMHO.
Replicas are violating the law...
If you really feel the need for selling them, SAY it and give public pricing infos.

But prices and replicas are something we need to look at when writing up rules now...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='719966' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:28 AM
Now we have a rule: NO bumps, ttt's, Up's, PM replied, etc.
This is NOT a ONCE a day is OK policy!

What you say about the prices sounds funny from a guy that sells REPLICAS and doesn't give out prices, what should and hopefully will be the next big nono here, and tries to make maximum profit with different pricing for different people without saying it's a replica, the third nono IMHO.
Replicas are violating the law...
If you really feel the need for selling them, SAY it and give public pricing infos.

But prices and replicas are something we need to look at when writing up rules now...

Great, why don't you just set up a rule "NO REPLICA HERE"?? Don't try to act or sound like you own this forum.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by JBSPEED' post='719973' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:52 AM
Great, why don't you just set up a rule "NO REPLICA HERE"?? Don't try to act or sound like you own this forum.
oo no you didnt... iceman is trying to clean up the crap around here lately that YOU seem to have been contributing to.. everytime i go on the classified section all i see is JBSPEED and i want nothing to do with you since your shadyness.. id like to see what else is for sale but i CANT SINCE ALL I SEE IS YOUUUUU... so dont be fresh here to ice.. or anyone else for that matter.. only reason you have so many posts is because all you do is "BUMP" and "PM SENT" your own threads..

sorry i had to get that out.. and i agree iceman on the private and vendor sections.. that will definitly help us out..as buyers and sellers..
Old 11-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='719976' date='Nov 13 2008, 09:01 AM
oo no you didnt... iceman is trying to clean up the crap around here lately that YOU seem to have been contributing to.. everytime i go on the classified section all i see is JBSPEED and i want nothing to do with you since your shadyness.. id like to see what else is for sale but i CANT SINCE ALL I SEE IS YOUUUUU... so dont be fresh here to ice.. or anyone else for that matter.. only reason you have so many posts is because all you do is "BUMP" and "PM SENT" your own threads..

sorry i had to get that out.. and i agree iceman on the private and vendor sections.. that will definitly help us out..as buyers and sellers..
Well, there are other people who posted more than I did. Why don't you go to those people, too? I've asked Mark to remove my threads awhile ago, but he said he couldn't do so. Maybe you can help me out?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

i'd have to agree with the rules for bumping - it makes sense and does help preserve some key aspects of the forum functionality

Quick Reply: Bumping Threads Banned