Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

BangleBox_530d you are right on one thing. It is quiet confusing now to know what to do on my own. What dates to book the hotel for exactly.
Sooooo much was written already so there is a little chaos I think. Especially for those who do not check this thread every day.

Maybe just a 3 line clear To Do list would be nice
Old 12-25-2005, 02:52 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' post='215305' date='Dec 24 2005, 09:12 PM
Merry Christmas everyone.
I received a PM today, which I think is a bit bizarre.
Hi BangleBox_530d, ever since I sent the PM to each one of you I have been waiting for the "how dare you" messages. Yours is the first, and I commend you for your very civilized way to let me know your displeasure. I didn't mean to offend you. That aside, I chose to send a private message because I felt my note to you guys was strong and I didn't want to discourage new readers to the forum by posting it for eveyone to see - just for those of you who had signed up for the meet.

Doing all the coordination is really not that hard (just time consuming) and I'm doing it because I think we'll have a blast. It will be a great chance to meet, check out each others? cars, meet families, then talk to BMW engineers and visit some beautiful places together. I'm sure many friendships will be born on this trip.

Now, what I want you all to understand is that the REALLY HARD part is making decisions for people I have never met, and making monetary and attendance commitments based on assumptions. There's an old saying that if you assume something, you risk making an ass of you and me (ass u me).

I said in my PM to you all I know everyone is busy and understand I am as well, but I think you owe it to the group to check in at least weekly and provide input. I don't intend to tell you what to do my friend, but realize that I will have to make decisions on your behalf if you don't pipe in, and I don't want that to come and bite my ass later.

My worst nightmare about this trip is having people tell me "I never agreed to this...? or "I don't like this hotel..." or "I'm not going to pay for that since nobody asked me..." and there being a bill for something that no one is responsible for. I certainly am not going to get stuck with it. Do you see my point?

Please, all of you make it a point to visit THIS forum at least weekly. We are at the "making reservations" phase. We're done with the "maybe we could meet somewhere..." phase. But for this meet to be a reality I will have to ask you all questions from time to time. I need answers. I DO NOT want to decide for the group. I do not feel I'm "in charge" of this. I'm a member of the forum just like you and all the others - but I am in a better position than most because I already have contacts at the factory and that's what gave me the idea for this meet. Maybe it'll become a yearly event at a different place every year? Look at the possibilities. I hear Trieste is a beautiful city with a fantastic coastline...Any SCUBA divers in ths group??

So, again, it wasn't my intention to offend you. My intention was to get your attention so you'll understand that I need your help if we're going to pull this off. I can't do it alone.

Regarding your question about a "fee". There will not be a fee for anything. Obviously we'll have to pay for rooms and if we desire anything catered and such we'll have to split the cost, but there's not a fee per se for the pleasure of coming together. I will post activities and costs if any come to light and you all can tell me if you'd like to participate - like the tour to Landshut from the hotel.

Best Regards, and wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and prosperous new year.

Santiago.

PS - I'd be happy to PM each of you eveytime I need something so you know what's going on, but PM-ing a large group is very time consuming. This is not like regular e-mail. If any of you know a way to "send PM to group" let me know or I'll have to rely on you checking the forum often.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:24 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='215463' date='Dec 25 2005, 12:07 PM
BangleBox_530d you are right on one thing. It is quiet confusing now to know what to do on my own. What dates to book the hotel for exactly.
Sooooo much was written already so there is a little chaos I think. Especially for those who do not check this thread every day.

Maybe just a 3 line clear To Do list would be nice
Great suggestion Peter. Yes, the thread is huge!!! . Many people ask questions I have covered in detail already. Seems no one has much time to read.

So here we go (sorry it's more than three lines):
- Arrive at hotel: 18 July - Make your own reservations for two days - Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Check out on Thursday (Lindner Hotels & Resorts) http://www.lindner.de/en/index_html
Our specific hotel is the Lindner Hotel Kaiserhof in Landshut. Select "Landshut" on the dropdown in the upper left corner (http://www.lindner.de/en/KH). Tell them you're with the E60.net Group. I got a group rate (so they said).
- Welcome "Meet and Greet" on Tuesday evening (July 18th) from 16:00 to 21:00 at hotel (cost of meeting room may be extra). Do we want it catered? Do we get our own food? WE have to decide.
- Hotel has underground, video-monitored garage. We can meet there to oogle each others cars.
- Meet at Dingolfing: 19 July 2006. 08:30 to 11:30 factory tour, break for lunch (on them), meeting with Engineers 13:00 to 15:00. End of plant visit.
- Possible tour of city of Landshut with hotel guides on Wednesday evening.
- BMW Munich tour - waiting on answer from BMW AG
- Group drive and stay in Garmisch - TBD. One of you suggested Chiemsee instead. Good idea. It is closer to Munich and it's absolutely beautiful as well. We have to decide.
- If you haven't provided me with your real name yet, please do so. BMW may want that for security purposes. I will not publish that list.
- Provide me with a topic for the 13:00 - 15:00 visit. I got "Gadgets" so far. I want to talk "Interior Spaces" among other things. BMW Dingolfing wants to know what we want to talk about so they have the appropriate techs on hand.

That's it for now.

CHEERS!!

Santiago
Old 12-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

I have just booked my rooms for the meet, has anyone else done this yet.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 AM
New Members

UPDATE

With the Christmas season upon us, I suppose many people are off or very busy. We'll see what happens at the begining of the year.

My BMW contact is on vacation until the 9th of January so I have not been able to lock in the 19th of July. I'm hoping for that date still as we are already making hotel reservations for the 18th and 19th.

No word from BMW Munich yet, therefore no plans beyond Dingolfing. Once I hear from Munich I'll look beyond Wednesday. Chiemsee is a suggestion someone made and it's a gorgeous area. I'll find a suitable place.

No word back on the hotel package. I've asked them to block 40 rooms. Way things are we may not need that many. We can decide on the Landshut tour later.

Last thing - those of you who are coming alone, if you would like/wouldn't mind to share a room and halve your cost - post a notice so people know.

Have a great, safe and happy new year.

Santiago

PS. Even after sending PM to each one of you, I'm still missing several real names, locations, car types, topic for afternoon meet at the plant, etc.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributors

I booked already a room 3 days ago from the 18th to 20th of July (2 nights). Since I go to the meet alone, it would be great to share the room with someone of the group. PM me if anybody is interested.

Happy New Year to all the E60.net community.

skorpyo25
Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

I have just had an email confirming my booking at the hotel for two nights, they are quoting me 95 euros per night 25 euros cheaper than what Santiago said. They were booked over the phone not the online..
Old 12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='216767' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:16 PM
I have just had an email confirming my booking at the hotel for two nights, they are quoting me 95 euros per night 25 euros cheaper than what Santiago said. They were booked over the phone not the online..
That is great! The cost I gave on the last message is from the e-mail they sent me. I will use the $95 per night to bargain them down. I though they were giving me a discounted, group rate... how do you like that huh???

There are three people in your group - are you getting three rooms or are you sharing a triple.

Thanks for the heads up.

Santiago.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='216941' date='Dec 29 2005, 09:45 PM
There are three people in your group - are you getting three rooms or are you sharing a triple.
Thanks for the heads up.
Santiago.
I have booked three separate rooms, if you have trouble in getting 95 euros per night i can always send you a copy of the confirmation email from the hotel with the prices on.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:51 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='217199' date='Dec 30 2005, 03:11 PM
I have booked three separate rooms, if you have trouble in getting 95 euros per night i can always send you a copy of the confirmation email from the hotel with the prices on. (YES, PLEASE SEND ME THAT).
I will call her next week and ask about (why) the different prices. I need to reserve my room as well. I'm enclosing what she sent me so you can see the prices she offered me (us). I would have supposed that "group prices" (115 and 146) would have been better than individual prices. But hey, this may save us a few Euro...

You all can also see the costs for the private room and the ammenities the hotel offers. I think it's a nice place.

Last thing - at this point I have no way of knowing if the 19th of July will be accepted by BMW. My contact at the plant is out on holidays until the 9th and he hasn't seen my message "confirming" the 19th - so ALL OF YOU, remain flexible in case he comes back and tells me a colleague of his gave our day away.

Let's hope not.

Enjoy the new year festivities, but PLAY IT SAFE. Watch out for the drunk whackos on the roads.

Santiago
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Angebot_BMW_180706_200706.pdf (397.4 KB, 53 views)

Quick Reply: WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]