Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:55 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by ats77' post='230057' date='Jan 26 2006, 09:08 PM
Wow cannot keep all info in mind, but this will be bigger the WORLD CUP!
ats
Here's a recap:

* Tuesday 17 July 2006 - Check in at the Lindner Hotel Kaiserhof, Landshut. Owners' meet that evening - private room TBD.
* Wednesday, 18 July - Dingolfing (leave hotel by NLT 07:15) - Morning and afternoon sessions at plant with lunch provided by BMW.
* Wednesday, 18 July - evening back at the Lindner Hotel for possible tour of city of Landshut - sponsored by hotel - costs extra.
* Thursday, July 20th - Check out of Lindner Hotel and drive to Munich. Factory tour 12:30 to 3:00.
* Thursday, July 20th - After factory tour (16:00 or so), drive down leisurely from Munich to Oberau taking the sights, check in at the Forsthaus-Oberau in the early evening.

*********RESERVE YOUR ROOMS IF YOU'RE SPENDING THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY IN ********
***************GARMISCH WITH THE GROUP - CASTLE, ZUGSPITZE TOURS TBD****************

* Thursday night - dinner at Forsthaus hotel and group meet - then go down to Garmisch (9 KM south) to hang out.
* Friday, 21 July, go to the castle and to the Zugspitze or stay in Oberau/Garmisch - whatever everyone wants to do. This is all pay as you go. I will not make any arrangements for this. We can just do it on our own, or Bruce at the hotel can put it together for us. YOUR CHOICE.

* Friday PM = End of meet - shake hands, kiss the babies and bid farewell.

Remember also - Dingolfing: Children under 14 not allowed.
Munich yes if accompanied by adults.

And no cameras, phones, or any kind of recording device are allowed at either factory

Tchuss!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Sashi' post='230111' date='Jan 26 2006, 10:39 PM
Wow Santiago, she looks great! Especially the auburn interior. Good choice Can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks! However - it is not a "she". It's balls to the wall raw (but refined) power.
PS- I KNEW you'd like the Auburn Interior...
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='230135
Wow Santiago, she looks great! Especially the auburn interior. Good choice Can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks! However - it is not a "she". It's balls to the wall raw (but refined) power.
PS- I KNEW you'd like the Auburn Interior...
[/quote]

auburn is the best excet Individs...

she is still she but gots guts
Old 01-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Members

Hey all,

I booked a room today at the Linder via this site if anyone is interested. A single upgraded room was 119 euro

https://services.lindner.de/bookhotel_030/ninqures.asp

B2

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='229001
has anyone tried booking via HRS - so NOT directly at the Lindner. Is it already full in there? Maybe HRS has prereserved rooms in the joining hotels (as HRS offers special conditions).
Yep. You're right.
I called them and they said they were fully booked. I then checked HRS and got a room. HRS has a contingent of rooms, but I am not sure how many are left as of today.
[/quote]
Old 01-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

How many are we now ?..
Old 01-29-2006, 04:55 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='231071' date='Jan 28 2006, 09:25 PM
How many are we now ?..
Here is the latest and greatest. I have consolidated the attendance roster with all the possible permutations to the trip and added the hotel info, a sequence of events and all that other info.

If you download this, you'll have everything in one sheet. Forward to a friend if they don't know about the event. We have a couple of new participants who just found out. Get the word out - but remember, when I have 60 confirmed, that's it. Anyone beyond the 60 count can come out to Garmisch (20 July) for the last evening and next day, but not to the factories.

Please review the list carefully. I took three or four different lists and made two - one with names for BMW and one without for posting, sorted by country of origin. I may have screwed something up and dropped/missed something.

Review your entry, see if it's correct, see if you owe me anything, and provide ASAP so I can finalize the list.

I have NOT assumed you're going to Munich if you're going to Dingolfing so if you are, tell me. Same for Garmisch. Tell me when you reserve a room.

PM me for anything.

Cheers!

Santiago

PS. I will be posting a list of addresses to plug into your NAV systems in a few days.

Group_Roster.doc
Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Members

Santiago,

I think the dates listed in the attachemnt are wrong. That Thursday is the 19th and not the 20th. I just talked with Forsthaus and he asked me to confirm my arrival date on Thursday. Please correct me if I am missing something.

Barnabus

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='231360
How many are we now ?..
Here is the latest and greatest. I have consolidated the attendance roster with all the possible permutations to the trip and added the hotel info, a sequence of events and all that other info.

If you download this, you'll have everything in one sheet. Forward to a friend if they don't know about the event. We have a couple of new participants who just found out. Get the word out - but remember, when I have 60 confirmed, that's it. Anyone beyond the 60 count can come out to Garmisch (20 July) for the last evening and next day, but not to the factories.

Please review the list carefully. I took three or four different lists and made two - one with names for BMW and one without for posting, sorted by country of origin. I may have screwed something up and dropped/missed something.

Review your entry, see if it's correct, see if you owe me anything, and provide ASAP so I can finalize the list.

I have NOT assumed you're going to Munich if you're going to Dingolfing so if you are, tell me. Same for Garmisch. Tell me when you reserve a room.

PM me for anything.

Cheers!

Santiago

PS. I will be posting a list of addresses to plug into your NAV systems in a few days.

Attachment 14841
[/quote]
Old 01-29-2006, 01:38 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by B2round' post='231463' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:43 PM
Santiago,

I think the dates listed in the attachemnt are wrong. That Thursday is the 19th and not the 20th. I just talked with Forsthaus and he asked me to confirm my arrival date on Thursday. Please correct me if I am missing something.

Barnabus
Nah... I just screwed the "dates" up. The "days of the week" are correct.

Wednesday is the 19th. That's the day of the Dingolfing brouhaha. We arrive Tuesday, July 18th, and stay two nights at the Lindner. Wednesday is the Dingolfing plant tour. We'll spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights at the Lindner and depart on Thursday, the 20th, for Munich. We'll stay at the Forsthaus on Thursday night. Then we'll hang out around Garmisch and surroundings on Friday, July 21st.

I'm glad at least one of you is keeping me straight!! Tuesday is the 18th not the 17th as I say in the recap. Please fix your downloaded "Latest and Greatest Group Roster".

Thanks B2round!!

Regards, and sorry for the screw up.

Santiago
Old 02-04-2006, 02:55 AM
New Members

Here is info for NAV systems as well as general info for the locations during the meet.

Nothing new to post this week, no new signups, no new notices of bookings, not bitches, no complaints - no problem...

Regards,

Santiago

Addresses_for_NAV.doc
Old 02-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

I have made reservation to Lindner hotel through they own web page.

By mistake I make two reservation, so I have now two rooms for two persons. If some one is interested let me know.

e60 and e90 plants here we come!!

Skaffa

Quick Reply: WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]