Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!
View Poll Results: Saturday or Sunday
Saturday 6/10/06
2.38%
Saturday 6/17/06
9.52%
Saturday 6/24/06
16.67%
Saturday 7/01/06
0%
You don't care as long as it's a SATURDAY
50.00%
Sunday 6/11/06
4.76%
Sunday 6/18/06
0%
Sunday 6/25/06
2.38%
Sunday 7/02/06
2.38%
You don't care as long as it's a SUNDAY
11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Just bring the family... it'll be cool.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Contributors

This IS is nice, but since this is an e60 meet and they don't happen all that frequently, bring the e60 without a doubt.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Contributors

Nice meeting everyone. Good meet guys, and a very nice turnout.

The drive was chill, but all the traffic up to mt. wilson was a shame. It was too bad that the second group missed the mt. wilson turnout and got separated, but at least we would up all together. I was leading the first leg, and was about to wait at the base of mt. wilson for the remainder of the group, but the guys behind me just wanted to go. It was my mistake however, I should have waited. For all you guys you missed the roads up to mt. wilson, I suggest you drive them sometime as they are very tight 2nd gear roads and are completely different from the rest of angeles crest.

After newcombs, I was also leading and passed that sheriff suv at the top of third gear. I was rather scared he was going to go after me, and a part of me wanted to skip on the turnout and head home. (BTW, I believe angeles crest is a double fine zone all the way through.)

After the turnout and picture taking, I had the pleasure of following a 550, which I think had the m6 rims, on the way down. It was a pretty brisk pace which made it all the more fun as most of the time, I was pretty much driving by myself. By myself meaning that I couldn't see anyone in front of me or behind me. Not sure who the 550i owner is on the forum however. At one point, you put on your blinkers and slowed down a bit, but I don't know what the meaning of that was. I hope I wasn't following to close, as I personally don't enjoy when others do that to me.

Hey Jiio, when are you going to run those 550s bro. I'm curious about the results.

On the way home, I spotted a CLS500 with AMG badging. I was following him for awhile through moderate traffic, but when the freeway opened up, he took off. I in turn decided to follow suit, and for a time followed him at about 130-140. This was admittedly stupid, but in a way a bit fun, as it isn't that often that I get to redline 4th gear. When traffic approached, he started making some silly passes so I slowed down. We actually took the same exit and I was hoping to line up with him at a stoplight, but it never happened. He turned off a few streets away from, so perhaps I'll run into him in the future. I wouldn't follow him at those said speeds again, but I wouldn't mind a little friendly run. The funny thing though is that if he took off the CLS500 badging, I might of shied away as he has the AMG badging along with the quad exhausts.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Members

[quote name='heezy545i' date='Jun 24 2006, 05:52 PM' post='302585'

After the turnout and picture taking, I had the pleasure of following a 550, which I think had the m6 rims, on the way down. It was a pretty brisk pace which made it all the more fun as most of the time, I was pretty much driving by myself. By myself meaning that I couldn't see anyone in front of me or behind me. Not sure who the 550i owner is on the forum however. At one point, you put on your blinkers and slowed down a bit, but I don't know what the meaning of that was. I hope I wasn't following to close, as I personally don't enjoy when others do that to me.

[/quote]

As far as the blinkers i put them on to see if u wanted to pass. I was not sure i was going fast enough for u! It was fun! Hey by the way did u catch any video of me or pic i noticed towards the end u with with your camera. Let me know. If email me brian4homes@verizon.net

thanks,

brian
Old 06-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

It was a very nice turn out. Glad to meet everyone!

Ya too bad the group got seperated and couple people missed out on the mt. wilson run. (including myself) Its all good. We'll just have to do it again sometime.

And those that drove quite a ways to meet up with us thanks for comming!

Here are some pics that I snapped. If anyone wants any of them In high resolution Let me know.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=860
Old 06-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Hey, how do you guys manage to keep your rims so clean. I washed the car at 7:30 this morning, but the rims are now filthy. They were already filthy by the time we got to mt. wilson, but at the same time, I saw that some people's rims were rather clean.

Here's a pic of my front and rear rim. Again I washed them right before the meet.
So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_011.jpg
So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_013.jpg
Old 06-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Contributors

I really didn't take any pics, but here's the 550 I followed on the way down. I got a chance to take a pic when we hit traffic. BTW, that 2nd pass was pretty gnarly man, be safe. I would have passed that honda on the way up, but I wasn't sure if anyone would follow me.
So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_007.jpg
Old 06-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brian1225' post='302591' date='Jun 24 2006, 04:17 PM
As far as the blinkers i put them on to see if u wanted to pass. I was not sure i was going fast enough for u! It was fun! Hey by the way did u catch any video of me or pic i noticed towards the end u with with your camera. Let me know. If email me brian4homes@verizon.net

thanks,

brian
That was plenty fast for me bro. I took a few pics, but they were pretty much all the same. I'll just post a
'em up.

So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_006.jpg
So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_008.jpg
So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.-e60_angeles_crest_009.jpg
Old 06-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 6-Speed Manual, Jet Black, Sport Package, Navi, Premium Package, 15% Tint, B&B Exhaust, 20" Black Rims with Polish Lip

good turn out...it was alot of fun except the part when the waitress took forever to bring out our food when we were the 1st ones to order....hahaha i was STARVING... nice meeting all of you guys
Old 06-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Hey guys, that was fun. I wish I could have stayed for lunch, because I wanted to take more group photos.

That drive up the mountain is gnarly, lot's of tight turns and rocks to dodge. Overall, it's a fun ride.

Some douche-bag that was going to the market at the meet point door dinged my car, but when I got home to look at it, it rubbed right off. I totally saw him do it, and he didn't even say sorry or anything, I think he was intimidated because there were so many of us. haha.

It was nice meeting you guys; EB(eric), Iceman, Jim(bmwxpwr), brian, david, and a few more. I already know you Jiio, I saw what you did in the parking lot HAHAHAHA

I think we should do another meet sometime before Summer ends. Maybe August or early Sept? What do you guys think? How bout South O.C. meet up? Like Irvine Canyon or something.

Quick Reply: So Cal E60 Meet and Greet.