Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

NorCal Caravan to Central Cali (SLO) Meet - Mar 8, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='542757' date='Mar 10 2008, 10:21 PM
EuroCarFan gets old real quick... ECF is much easier. Same with vegastrashed... Socal peeps just shortened it to VT. Works for me.

Only one way to find out.

Made the correction.

It's not the Patron. It's your subconscious telling you to get a Valentine One and a ECU reflash.
HAHA, The ECU yes, but I like my Passport and it seemed to pick up signals as well all of the V1s. Only problem is I don't think I can trade up in the future, but I can reflash with USB and it is abnormally quite as far as false alarms. Kind of neat how it flashes my GPS speed too.

I was thinking that too when Brad was applying his Blue Bra. Felt bad after seeing all the bug splatter on your car when we arrived in Gilroy. Hopefully, you didn't suffer any chips after cleanning it up.

I am there for the Saratoga Springs run, BTW...

We can always just meet up for lunch or something in the meantime. ECU (hehe) has my cell number.

Hey EFU your not going to believe this, but my oil level did not drop even 0.1L and has been sitting at 0.7L since before we left for SLO. Sure hope it is reading correctly, though especially after the runs. I am hoping the rings are just seated nicely. Maybe 08's have changed something. My salesman said I would only have to worry about if for the first 3,000 miles but he didn't really know d!ck about the car, I am sure. Maybe he was right about this, though.

I was puring oil into my 2001 E39 M5, don't miss that...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

My oil gauge was reading .4L before the trip so I poured in about 300mL and it stayed at .4L since then. Weird.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Glock-357' post='542790' date='Mar 11 2008, 01:59 AM
HAHA, The ECU yes, but I like my Passport and it seemed to pick up signals as well all of the V1s. Only problem is I don't think I can trade up in the future, but I can reflash with USB and it is abnormally quite as far as false alarms. Kind of neat how it flashes my GPS speed too.

I was thinking that too when Brad was applying his Blue Bra. Felt bad after seeing all the bug splatter on your car when we arrived in Gilroy. Hopefully, you didn't suffer any chips after cleanning it up.

I am there for the Saratoga Springs run, BTW...

We can always just meet up for lunch or something in the meantime. ECU (hehe) has my cell number.

Hey EFU your not going to believe this, but my oil level did not drop even 0.1L and has been sitting at 0.7L since before we left for SLO. Sure hope it is reading correctly, though especially after the runs. I am hoping the rings are just seated nicely. Maybe 08's have changed something. My salesman said I would only have to worry about if for the first 3,000 miles but he didn't really know d!ck about the car, I am sure. Maybe he was right about this, though.

I was puring oil into my 2001 E39 M5, don't miss that...
Alright, I can't beleive and just realized I did this !!! But in my defense it was late since I had to make up work due to the weekend EFU NOW! I honestly can't believe it! And that was a true mistake! I really wasn't trying to pick on you, Tony and it was not any sort of FU joke, sorry ECF! there I think I finally got it right

You guys are so nice that you did not even call me on it (EuroCarFan, sure you were think WTF)

"WTF" -Great, got that one correct. Maybe I should stay away from using acronyms for a bit, though!

As far as the oil that is wierd, but the manual says something about it will not register if you do not add less than 0.5L mine will probably just drop to 0.2L all at once or something from what I have read. I'll be changing the oil soon, anyway then I can see what was in it.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I didn't even pick up on the "FU" part of "EFU." All I noticed was you butchered "ECF" again.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

HAHAHAHA...I thought you were piggy backing on your mistakes and just using every acronym but the correct one to call me by. LOL! No offense taken buddy.

As for the oil, I think mine is due for one soon or if not, I'll just pay to have one day out of schedule. Seems like a good idea after those spirited runs.