Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting in So Cal confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Nov 19 2004, 11:18 AM
I like that as well. Then we can spend more time for the "meet & greet" part instead of the "meet & eat".
[snapback]58118[/snapback]
Right on. Sitting in restaurant will be a waste of time. I want to munch on a sandwich blabbing with a bunch of guys surrounded by E60s.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

Does any one know approx. how many people we are up to for this meet.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Well lets do a head count now. Copy this and update yourself if I left you out or if you want to join or if I made a mistake on your name/car.

I'll start it off...

1.) EBMCS03 (Electric Blue MINI)
2.) bmwin14rsm (Ti Silver E60)
3.) Blackonblackonblack (Jet Black E60)
4.) Central Cali (Alpine White E60)
5.) Hormazd (Ti Silver E60)
6.) heezy545i ( ???? E60)
7.) BeeWang (LeMans Blue E39) <-------- Not sure or are you taking the E60?
8.) Jimbo (Ti Silver E60)
9.) JiMmY912 (Ti SIlver)
10.) SillyBear (Orient Blue)
11.) roost (Jet Black E60)
12.) Nazzdeq (Ti Silver E60)
13.) choi000 (Jet Black E60)
14.) CRRobert (I dunno, on foot maybe )
15.) pbarch1 (Jet BLack E60)
16.) my530i (Alpine White E60)
17.) Go_Fast_545 (Ti Silver E60)
18.) G35Kev (Silver Gray E60)
19.) SLVR530I (Ti Silver E60)
20.) Brian1225 (Silver Gray E60)
21.) bimmeroc (????)
22.) Onefat99 (Jet Black, E60)
23.) rabih11 (Ti Gray E60)
24.) juan2mini (Silver Gray E60)

WHEN: SUNDAY, DEC. 5th, 2004

TIME: 11:30 am SHARP. We will be leaving for the drive by 1:00pm!!!!

MEETING PLACE:
Ralph's "Malibu Colony Plaza" on PCH
23841 W. Malibu Rd. Malibu Ca. 90265

Fastest way to get there is taking the 101 FWY NORTH and exiting Las Virgenes Rd. WEST towards Malibu. You will reach Pepperdine University on the right side corner.

Once you reach PCH/HWY 1. make a LEFT. It is the Plaza on the RIGHT side, down the hill. There is plenty of open parking in the very back, right against PCH in the Ralph's parking lot. We will all park in reverse formation and side ways. Taking up the entire rear parking lot.

WARNINGS:
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!! NO SHOWING OFF OR JUMPING THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE onto oncoming traffic. Remember that these are public roads and please consider the lives of others.

NECESSITIES:
Walkie Talkies <---------VERY IMPORTANT
(How about cell phones?) Don't work in the canyons I guess.

Plenty of Gas <----------PLEASE FUEL UP BEFORE MEET
Check Oil
Check Water Level
Check Tire Pressure
Check Lug Nuts

Drinking Water
Snack (for those that need an energy boost).
Comfortable Light Clothes
If cold don't forget your Jackets (take one anyway)

Digital Cameras
Video Cameras
35 mm Cameras

AAA CARDS (In case a fellow E60 owner needs a tow)
BMW Assist will work.

Other Items
Tools
Duct Tape or Duck Tape
Battery Cables
Coolant
Sunglasses
Hat

Anything else?
Name tags? j/k
Old 11-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

If everybody shows up and everybody uses a radio you might need Andy545 (ATC) to show up, just for controlling the radio conversation...
j/k

Name tags are actually a great idea!
Those are a lot of new faces and names to put together... Might look a little funny, but will help you guys...
Old 11-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 20 2004, 02:57 PM
If everybody shows up and everybody uses a radio you might need Andy545 (ATC) to show up, just for controlling the radio conversation...?
j/k

Name tags are actually a great idea!
Those are a lot of new faces and names to put together... Might look a little funny, but will help you guys...
[snapback]58495[/snapback]
I can bring name tags.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 545iA,S.GreyBlack,Nav,SportPkg,ACC,PDV,HUD,Prem.Sound,ColdWPkg,SplitSeats,RearAirbags,RearSeatHeat,PwrRearSunShade,Lumbar,

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Oct 21 2004, 04:46 AM
To better track the people attending the Dec 5th Malibu Meet, I have created an Evite.com event.? If you want to be added to the list, please e-mail me and I will send you an invitation.

I think I have the right address.? If it is wrong, please let me know and I will fix it.? Once you have been invited, you will be able to forward the evite to other people you know.? The evite has been set up for any guest to invite additional people.

E60 Dec. Malibu Meet
[snapback]47503[/snapback]
Old 11-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

rblim, will you be attending?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

I will bring an xtra radio
Old 11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.
Red face

Lets try to track the people attending the Dec. 5th event here:

Dec 5th Malibu Registration
Old 11-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Hey guys, and (gals would be real cool!), just did a test run...actually sort of got a taste of it going into Malibu from the 101, however, once at Ralphs I used the route given on my previous thread...

PCH North, Rt. on Latigo Canyon, Rt. on Kanan Dume, Lt. on Mulholland, Rt. on Little Sycamore Canyon (becomes Yerba Buena), and ends at PCH (left to go back to Ralphs....or???) It actually ends right at Neptunes...but as most of you know, that place is packed on Sundays.

The drive was great, though overcast, I witnessed the brightest orange and red sun at sunset! The drive is definitely TWISTY! Hit some fallen rocks and went under a fallin electrical pole and downed wires! If you have riders with you, please forewarn of the very winding switch backs. I had a blast, so much so I had to back track a couple times, 'cause I missed the turn-offs! (Going a little too fast!) I actually had a little headache at the end of the day...probably because of the elevation change, not to mention my overzealous driving. I just passed one sheriff on the entire drive which was a little more than 60 miles, and about an hour...probably a little less if I did not back-track. I think this drive is enough - especially if we find a stop/photo-op up in the hills somewhere. A two-hour would be too much I think. It was pretty twisty and I did not see a place where I thought 20-30 cars could stop for a photo-op.

As I write this, I think its haling outside - here in Pasadena! I just missed the rain! I hope we get a clear day for our drive! I did look for other places to stop for a drink or food after...on the beach, i.e. Corral Beach Cantina (minimal parking), Geoffrey's - eh, just o.k., all the others as well...too little parking and probably too busy.

Another idea I had was to stop at one of the couple of Starbucks on PCH, one near the Ralphs and the other further north on PCH. The one further north has a grocery store as well. People can grab a coffee or sandwich from Starbucks, and/or a beer if that's what you prefer, from the grocery store, then we can continue our gaulking at each other's cars and discuss the drive, and perhaps discuss the next location for the next meet!

I'm doing one or two more runs to find alternate routes...if nothing else, the one I drove today was great! There's a house, (I think), that a flew past, that looked like an Old Western corral but with a flying Texaco horse and some old 50's gas filler tanks. I was tempted to knock on the door and ask to use their corral-like front yard as a photo-op location. Has anyone else seen this and know what it is?
Anyway, if I have the guts on my next outing, I'll stop and knock on the door. I hope there isn't a shot gun waiting for me!

Later,

Quick Reply: Meeting in So Cal confirmation