Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting in So Cal confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Nov 18 2004, 05:27 PM
So this meet is on the 5th right?? Well there seems to be a M3 meet in that same parking lot on that day.?
There is also an M5 SoCal meeting on the same day but I think I'll be joining this group thou...

beewang
Old 11-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

Here's the info from the M3 meet. I modified it for the E60 group. They will be leaving between 11:30 and 12noon. There's some good directions/tips in their instructions. Take a read. Any more ideas?

INVITE:

WHEN: SUNDAY, DEC. 5th, 2004

TIME: 11:30 am SHARP. We will be leaving for the drive by 1:00pm!!!!

MEETING PLACE:
Ralph's "Malibu Colony Plaza" on PCH
23841 W. Malibu Rd. Malibu Ca. 90265

Fastest way to get there is taking the 101 FWY NORTH and exiting Las Virgenes Rd. WEST towards Malibu. You will reach Pepperdine University on the right side corner.

Once you reach PCH/HWY 1. make a LEFT. It is the Plaza on the RIGHT side, down the hill. There is plenty of open parking in the very back, right against PCH in the Ralph's parking lot. We will all park in reverse formation and side ways. Taking up the entire rear parking lot.

WARNINGS:
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!! NO SHOWING OFF OR JUMPING THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE onto oncoming traffic. Remember that these are public roads and please consider the lives of others.

NECESSITIES:
Walkie Talkies <---------VERY IMPORTANT
(How about cell phones?) Don't work in the canyons I guess.

Plenty of Gas <----------PLEASE FUEL UP BEFORE MEET
Check Oil
Check Water Level
Check Tire Pressure
Check Lug Nuts

Drinking Water
Snack (for those that need an energy boost).
Comfortable Light Clothes
If cold don't forget your Jackets (take one anyway)

Digital Cameras
Video Cameras
35 mm Cameras

AAA CARDS (In case a fellow E60 owner needs a tow)
BMW Assist will work.

Other Items
Tools
Duct Tape or Duck Tape
Battery Cables
Coolant
Sunglasses
Hat

Anything else?
Name tags? j/k
Old 11-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Wow~it will be so huge with all those Bimmers in that parking lot. im so excited
Old 11-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s
Me too.... ......I keep counting those days down.

Central Cali
Old 11-19-2004, 02:22 AM
Contributors

Yup, M3er's are meeting as well. They're parking to the right of Ralphs, against Pacific Coast Highway. We can park to the left...behind Ralphs where there's one row of parking. I'll check this weekend to see how many spaces there are.

I also had another thought. What if everone makes sure they're not starving for lunch when they arrive at 11:30. I would be willing to provide doughnuts, croissants, juice - (sorry coffee would be tough!), then take our drive and end with the restaurant. If Ralph's has a deli, I can have them cater us thereby giving us a better chance to get approval to do the photo shoot behind the loading dock at the nice circular turn-around. (I'll see if I can get a hold of a manager this weekend.)

Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2004, 04:58 AM
Contributors

I think that's a good idea. While were in the parking lot, whoever is hungry can go grap a bite at subway, ralphs or what have you. We can then follow up with a drive and a sit down meal if anyone is interested.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Nov 19 2004, 04:22 AM
Yup, M3er's are meeting as well.? They're parking to the right of Ralphs, against Pacific Coast Highway.? We can park to the left...behind Ralphs where there's one row of parking.? I'll check this weekend to see how many spaces there are.

I also had another thought.? What if everone makes sure they're not starving for lunch when they arrive at 11:30.? I would be willing to provide doughnuts, croissants, juice - (sorry coffee would be tough!), then take our drive and end with the restaurant.? If Ralph's has a deli, I can have them cater us thereby giving us a better chance to get approval to do the photo shoot behind the loading dock at the nice circular turn-around.? (I'll see if I can get a hold of? a manager this weekend.)

Thoughts?
[snapback]58039[/snapback]
Ya I think that would be a great idea... Make sure you're not starving and then sit down food, talk, and share stories about the drive after.

Securing a row of parking would be awesome! That would look great!
Old 11-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

good idea!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

I like that as well. Then we can spend more time for the "meet & greet" part instead of the "meet & eat".
Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Great! Let's proceed with this order. I'll check out what I can this weekend and next weekend and post my findings. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: Meeting in So Cal confirmation