Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Updated shirt-list:

Mac Sid: paid 1xM 1xS
530dA: ordered 1xXL PM with bank details send
Sixcabrio: ordered 1xL 1xM PM with bank details send
Doc Horror: ordered 1xM PM with bank details send
Smoppett: ordered 1xXXL
Luxembourg: no size/pm, sorry but there seem to be no size chart for these shirts
xBMWx: paid 1xM
Andy545i: PM sent
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Members

My Ride: e61 535d Silver grey, black dakota leather, M sports package, shadowline, panorama roof, xenon, PDC, privacy glass HUD, NAV PRO, automatic transmission, sport seats, heated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, digital TV, PS3, rear sunshades, remap 322 BHP/670 NM

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='686196' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:48 AM
I hear you re. Laren being a little out of the way. I think it may be out of the way for 320d Touring as well. Perhaps it would make more sense to meet elsewhere, although it would be further along our route towards K?ln. The one location that immediately comes to mind is just by the A12/N781 junction - there's the Carpoolplaats Ede/Afrit 24 on the A12 that could suit our needs perfectly.

@BB-Tjai, 320d Touring and Rusty: what do you guys think of this?
@ Rusty: we could still meet up at Laren earlier in the morning to get this thing started, but I'd go for 07:45 then.

Anyone else want to join the little convoy?

Fine with me. We can still meet in Laren at 07:45 and then pick up others along the way. A friend of mine will drive with me as well, by the way. Last week my digital TV (Digitenne), screens in headrests, playstation 2 and Dension Gateway 500 were installed (hey, I have to show something...), so I can't wait to see you all on the 18th!

So, next stop on our route will be the Carpoolspot Ede then, or are there already other suggestions?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rusty' post='687499' date='Oct 7 2008, 08:29 PM
Fine with me. We can still meet in Laren at 07:45 and then pick up others along the way. A friend of mine will drive with me as well, by the way. Last week my digital TV (Digitenne), screens in headrests, playstation 2 and Dension Gateway 500 were installed (hey, I have to show something...), so I can't wait to see you all on the 18th!

So, next stop on our route will be the Carpoolspot Ede then, or are there already other suggestions?
I will join you guys in Ede. Please provide the address or at least something that I can enter into my NAV to find my way.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Hello guys,
Ive got a litlle problem with my driving licence

In Germany i was to nearly behind a car, my distant was 17 meter.
My speed was 122 km/h, not so fast.
But ive got a driving ban for one month, i sent my driving licence 19 september to the federal goverment from Germany.
I get it back, but with an ugly stamp on my driving licence. pixs will folow asap.

But anyway i will come, but i mus take a driver to drive in Germany hihi. But in Holland i can drive, only the ban is in Germany.
See you all guys, and Rsyed are you coming??
Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by BB-Tjai' post='687543' date='Oct 7 2008, 09:37 PM
I will join you guys in Ede. Please provide the address or at least something that I can enter into my NAV to find my way.
I think if you go into your nav and go Information on Other Place, then enter Ede as the "other place", and then search for parking spots, your Satnav shoud list the Carpoolplaats Ede A12. I am away on a business trip at the moment so can't really check it. Give it a go and, if it does not work, we'll figure something else out.

In any case, the carpool spot is at Junction 24 on the A12. Like almost all carpool spots in the Netherlands, it's right next to the motorway exit and I would expect that it wold be really well signposted as well. All you'd really need to to is get onto the A12 in the direction of Arnhem, which you'd be doing anyway, and then keep your eyes peeled after you pass Veenendaal. Here's a map overview (the blue pin is the carpool spot):
EUROPEAN MEET --  SAT. 18th OCT. 2008-carpool_ede.jpg
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='683444' date='Oct 2 2008, 10:07 AM
I think it looks and sounds great -- good find
Something different and a huge selection of buffet types, as well as the barbeque!

I say BOOK IT !! (We can always cancel if needs be -- I will double check numbers today and get back to you, however based on past experience, I would guess 20-25 people on the day)

They have a labyrinth there, so it would be a great opportunity to put our BMW NAV systems to the test

Attachment 60793
Restaurant is booked!!

Booking made for 13:30 on meet day. They are sending me menu and pricing options, and I'll post as soon as I get them
Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Contributors

Lunch Venue Booking

Okay folks, Labyrint Drielandenpunt have written back confirming our booking for 25-28 people (my rough count shows 26 at the moment, but read on). They have cautioned against a barbie due to the time of year, and have strongly recommended we take one of the buffets on offer. For what it's worth, I think both these recommendations are spot on, allowing us to basically arrive, get seated and dive right into the food! They have a wide range of buffet menus on offer, of which I propose we go for one of the mid-priced ones, giving us 4 options (note that the prices below are from their Dutch language pages. The prices on the German language pages are slightly lower, and I've asked them to clarify for us):

Option 1 ? Buffet ?Echt Limburg? (EUR 22.50pp)
Tete de veau (calf?s head)
Rabbit in sweet-sour sauce
Cold cut platter
Brown trout
Potatoes au gratin
Mustard
Onions ?Monegask?
Assorted breads

Option 2 ? Drielandenbuffet (EUR 22.50pp)
Veal in cheese sauce
?Elzasser Geschnetzeltes? <---no idea what these are/my translation skills aren't up to it!
Chicken in red wine sauce
Potatoes au gratin
Assorted salads
Assorted breads

Option 3 ? Burgundian Buffet (EUR 22.50pp)
Grilled chicken wings
Spare-ribs
Breaded pork knuckle
Vegetables with assorted dips
Fruit
Nuts
Assorted breads

Option 4 ? Deluxe Buffet (EUR 25pp)
Steak with stroganoff sauce
Seafood platter (herring, trout, salmon, shrimp)
Grilled chicken with mushrooms
Assorted salads
Assorted bread
Fresh fruit salad with whipped cream

I'm torn between #3 and #4, and am putting it out to you guys for a vote. Simple majority carries it!

Numbers: as I said, my initial count suggests 26 people, as listed below. Please check this list and reconfirm. I need to get back to the restaurant by the end of this week with menu choice and numbers.

Forum ID Adults Kids
xBMWx 2 -
Andy545 1 -
Doc Horror 1 -
MacSid 2 -
530dA 1 -
Thyrus 2 -
tonymac 1 -
320d touring 1 -
ats77 1 -
BMWMB 2 -
hondik 1 -
SIXcabrio 2 -
BasRed 1 -
smoppett 1 -
Luxembourg 2 -
wacopolumbo 1 -
rusty 2 -
Garehaan 1 -
530dA's neighbour 1 -
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

My vote is equal #3 & #4
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

My vote is option 3, I don't eat cheese so my options are limited and option 4 as a second choice.

BTW me and my wife are coming, so 2 adults.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Nice work Sanjay ! appreciate your effort in this.

option 3 looks good ! (but 4 is good as well)

There is a slight chance my wife may join depending on babysitter availability - hopefully she can make at least coffee and cake at Slenaken...

Quick Reply: EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008