Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='685064' date='Oct 4 2008, 01:15 PM
320d Touring, Rusty and I are meeting up at the La Place Laren (just off the Laren exit on the A1) to kick off our mini-convoy. The plan is to be there in time to leave at 8am. You're more than welcome to join us there, or at some point further down the road.
If nobody is going from Den Haag/Rotterdam, I will join you guys.
However Laren is a bit off the road, but for one time it doesn't matter.
Will let you guys know next week.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='685271' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks, but the thing I need is a (preferably) large picture of only the DSC-off logo. Once I got something to work with (and the exact measurements of the different sizes of the shirt) I will send IBAN and BIC code to the guys that send (or have already send) me a pm to order a shirt so they can transfer the 20 euros. Once I have got the payment for at least 8 of the 10 needed orders I will order them the same day. So please someone find me a picture to work with. I also have to point out that there will be a logo on the front or the back and not one large on one side and a small on the other, that is possible but the cost for the shirts will be 25 euros and they all need to be the same.

For me the size XL please , i sent you an PB.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Originally Posted by DA' post='685672' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:47 PM
For me the size XL please , i sent you an PB.
Hi guys, I do not think I will get an answer to the size question in time. So my advice would be if you're not sure of what size to take, take the largest of the two. Better to have it a little to large than a shirt that does not fit at all.

And please someone get me a decent DSC-off picture because the clock is ticking I have tried google images but could not find anything to work with. As soon as I have a picture I can mail everyone the bank details for the payment and get things rolling.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='685759' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:31 PM
Hi guys, I do not think I will get an answer to the size question in time. So my advice would be if you're not sure of what size to take, take the largest of the two. Better to have it a little to large than a shirt that does not fit at all.

And please someone get me a decent DSC-off picture because the clock is ticking I have tried google images but could not find anything to work with. As soon as I have a picture I can mail everyone the bank details for the payment and get things rolling.
I found this one, a little small, but I am guessing it can be stretched a little:
EUROPEAN MEET --  SAT. 18th OCT. 2008-dsc_off.jpg

Am on the road this morning, but will e-mail it to you directly as well once I am connected to my office network. Need your bank details to, so please do PM me with them.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BB-Tjai' post='685660' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:00 PM
If nobody is going from Den Haag/Rotterdam, I will join you guys.
However Laren is a bit off the road, but for one time it doesn't matter.
Will let you guys know next week.
I hear you re. Laren being a little out of the way. I think it may be out of the way for 320d Touring as well. Perhaps it would make more sense to meet elsewhere, although it would be further along our route towards K?ln. The one location that immediately comes to mind is just by the A12/N781 junction - there's the Carpoolplaats Ede/Afrit 24 on the A12 that could suit our needs perfectly.

@BB-Tjai, 320d Touring and Rusty: what do you guys think of this?
@ Rusty: we could still meet up at Laren earlier in the morning to get this thing started, but I'd go for 07:45 then.

Anyone else want to join the little convoy?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Members

Guys,

Quick word from me.

A) Not sure I can make it due to business trips around that time.
Pete (xBMWx) is in the hospital since yday, nothing too serious, but expect that he will not respond before the end of the week.

Rgds
Patrick
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by Thyrus' post='686338' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:21 PM
Guys,

Quick word from me.

A) Not sure I can make it due to business trips around that time.
Pete (xBMWx) is in the hospital since yday, nothing too serious, but expect that he will not respond before the end of the week.

Rgds
Patrick
A) you are kidding,...right?

What is the problem, how is he, why didn't he come to my hospital???

Which him all the best and a quick recovery from whatever his problem is/was!!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

As for the shirts, they will be black with large DSC off logo on the back for 20 euros. (I still hope to get a little print on the front for free, but don't count on it)

here is the list for now:

Mac Sid: ordered 1xM 1xS PM with bank details send
530dA: ordered 1xXL PM with bank details send
Sixcabrio: ordered 1xL 1xM PM with bank details send
Doc Horror: ordered 1xM PM with bank details send
Smoppett: ordered 1xXXL PM with bank details send
Luxembourg: no size/pm, sorry but there seem to be no size chart for these shirts
xBMWx: no size/pm
Andy545i: no size/pm

I will order them as soon as I get (most of the) payments in. If we don't make it to the required 10 shirts I will refund all of the payments that have been made.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' post='682974' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:16 PM
I'm thinking a venue in Vaals, west of Aachen on the Dutch/German border, which also includes the "drielanden punt" (the point where all 3 countries of Netherlands, Germany and Belgium intersect) - it seems to have various culinary arrangements including barby...

http://www.drielandenpunt.nl/de/index.php?...9&Itemid=27

There's also plenty of space to park and is located at the beginning of our twisty drive towards Slenaken.
Guys, I want to get hold of this restuarant to make us a reservation, but my work system is blocking me from going to the site linked by Andy - something about religious filters on our firewall

Anyway, could I ask if someone can hit the restaurant's site and PM me with the name, address and phone number of the restaurant so I can go ahead and call them?

Thanks fellas.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='686638' date='Oct 6 2008, 09:59 PM
As for the shirts, they will be black with large DSC off logo on the back for 20 euros. (I still hope to get a little print on the front for free, but don't count on it)

here is the list for now:

Mac Sid: ordered 1xM 1xS PM with bank details send
530dA: ordered 1xXL PM with bank details send
Sixcabrio: ordered 1xL 1xM PM with bank details send
Doc Horror: ordered 1xM PM with bank details send
Smoppett: ordered 1xXXL PM with bank details send
Luxembourg: no size/pm, sorry but there seem to be no size chart for these shirts
xBMWx: no size/pm
Andy545i: no size/pm

I will order them as soon as I get (most of the) payments in. If we don't make it to the required 10 shirts I will refund all of the payments that have been made.
one medium for me buddy ! pm me the bank details.

Quick Reply: EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008