Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='820984' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:55 AM
M?nich meet: I've tried to talk my dad into the idea, but I think he's going to Berlin that weekend in the E60. I can't put a veto on it, since it's my dad's car..

Understood. Hope you can make it. If you can, let me know and we could cruise on down together...
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I've got most of my relocation from Germany to Denmark behind me now and next week I'm off on holiday for a week to recharge the batteries... and then I will have more time for organising the meet

I think quite a few people are still thinking about whether they should come or not, so here's a few images to wet your appetite. Its going to be a great weekend and hope to see a few more people signing up as we get closer to the event...

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-bmw_welt.jpg

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-welt_inside.jpg

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-bmw_3.0_csl_artcar_p0045660_b.jpg

Name:  seehaus.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  213.6 KB

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-munich_girls.jpg

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-meet_cruise.jpg

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-img_1201.jpg

Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

I PM'ed a number of the usual attendees / co-organisers, including MacSid and Andy545 amongst others, and it looks like this date really is not working out for most of you. Its quite a big event for a lot us due to the long distances we need to travel, so it may make sense to reschedule the event... maybe June or July?

What do others think -- should we reschedule??
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: UK BMW 530d, registered 19Sep2003. Bluetooth, Business SatNav, Rear & side blinds, Business Radio, LOGIC7.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='826410' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:29 PM
I PM'ed a number of the usual attendees / co-organisers, including MacSid and Andy545 amongst others, and it looks like this date really is not working out for most of you. Its quite a big event for a lot us due to the long distances we need to travel, so it may make sense to reschedule the event... maybe June or July?

I booked everything I needed last week! Eurotunnel crossing and a hotel in each direction. I am still up for the current date, but then I would come to another event (not Munich) in July AS WELL.

Simon
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Members

Pete,

As you know the apartment situation is somewhat difficult, so I dont think I can make the date

Rgds
P
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by smoppett' post='826474
Pete,

As you know the apartment situation is somewhat difficult, so I dont think I can make the date

Rgds
P

Understood mate. We're in contact anyway so lets see how things develop...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Pete,

As far as I am concerned I am up for the MEET! (so is Blanka - so far, well we don't know how will she feel a month from now ...

I even arranged to get some mods done before the next meet..
In fact I have an apointment for the NAV Proff and possibly DVD-video changer retrofit for Monday the 6th April!!
(I said myself: what da.. I am keeping this car for at least another 2 years, let's give it some treat for it's third anniversary

But anyway, as you say, perhaps it would make more sense to re-schedule the event so more guys can join us ?
(how could we go without some serious gum burning by V8, for example...?)
If it's July/August - I still can't say for sure wheter I'll make it. We'll have a tiny new family member end of June, so it could be a bit tricky this summer with meets and travels...
But, I'll try my best!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='826410' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:29 PM

Please let me know about this! I will be taking a European road trip with the family (wife and son) in June; we will be driving from Finland, through Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy and some yet to be determined locations (Slovenia and Croatia).

We will be on the road for a month, so I would be happy to arrange our trip around meeting everyone in Germany on the way back (later part of June). We will go to Die Welt anyway to do the tour and so on.

**Subscribed to this thread**

Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Guys, apologies for the age of silence and the delayed response on here. We've still go our schedule very much up in the air at the moment - our US trip dates are no longer fixed, but still need to be set for some time within the next 8 weeks, and I'm very much tied up in a project that is sapping my time.

My recommendation for the moment is to go ahead with the planning and dates that suit most people and Sathia and I will then see if we can make those dates.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the feedback Luxembourg and MacSid.

I spoke to Simon (smoppett) the other night and we agreed to RESCHEDULE the event because as we are down to 5-6 definites, of which I would typically expect a couple to cancel at the last minute. If it was closer to home, then we could take the risk that it would maybe still come together closer to the time, however I have about a 1000km drive to get there and need to take time off work. I know others are in a similar situation.

Lets go for a new date, possibly June or July. Inputs please!

p.s. Simon (Smoppet) will have to cancel his Channel Tunnel tickets, and I hope he can get his money back. Lets try to keep to the dates we agree to, thanks.

---------------------------------------

Here's a refresh on what its all about...

Dates:
Friday xxx 2009 -- Travel to hotel and a night out in Munich
Saturday xxx 2009 -- The main event!!... Cruise... BMW Welt... night out in Munich
Sunday xxx 2009 -- Depart or cruise+lunch then travel home

Meeting point:
Hotel in Munich (details to follow)
There are also cruises to/from Munich being arranged from home countries, such as Netherlands and Belgium (details to follow)

Proposed venues:
Day: BMW Welt and/or BMW Museum. Possible cruise to nearby location for lunch... obviously with some derestricted Autobahn Details of cruises to follow
Evening: At least 1 visit to a traditional Bavarian beer hall, e.g. Hofbr?u. Details / reservations to be sorted.
Hotel: Somewhere in the city centre... with parking! Details / reservations to be sorted.

Timing of Meet:
We will have meeting points at the Hotel on Friday and Saturday, as well as other locations depending on people's travel arrangements. Exact times will follow as we get into the detail.
There will also be meetings points for those cruising (or should I say "Gumballing" ) from their home countries.

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-post_5184_1237454739.jpg

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-welt_inside.jpg

Quick Reply: European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009