Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

**NY/NJ/CT/PA E.60.NET MEET ON JUNE 6TH -- FINAL INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Congratulations, Scott! It sure sounds like a good time was had by all because of your superb planning. I look forward to joining in the fun next time.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by zerocool' post='903544' date='Jun 7 2009, 06:37 PM
congratulations to a well planned trail ! we're glad everyone enjoyed it. If it wasn't for the broker who's only available that saturday i could have been with you guys, count me in the next meet. I'll be back here in the east by 1st week of July, keep me posted sdg1871.
Thanks Dwight! Enjoy Cali.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1600' post='903580' date='Jun 7 2009, 07:22 PM
Congratulations, Scott! It sure sounds like a good time was had by all because of your superb planning. I look forward to joining in the fun next time.
Thanks Lee.

Hope you are enjoying Vietnam.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='903443' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:39 PM
Scott, THANKS again from Sasha and I - we had a blast. Still don't know how you got the weather to play along, but it was an awesome run
Serously, I have discovered a LOT about my car on this drive. About my driving ability too, actually
Even though there were six of us, running on the Sixth of June no troubles - just a couple of scares

Here're a few pics - we didn't really have a chance to touch anything up yet, though. More to come...
Great pics Vlad. Let's open a new thread for the pics from the meet.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Too bad I couldn't make it. I definitely would want another meet.

Let's do a meet during the afternoon / evening, since its going to be hotter nowadays... Out in Long Island or Floyd Bennett Field.

We can take some nice daytime shots and some evening shots too. Let's see if anyone would be interested.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='903728' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:24 PM

Let's do a meet during the afternoon / evening, since its going to be hotter nowadays... Out in Long Island or Floyd Bennett Field.

We can take some nice daytime shots and some evening shots too. Let's see if anyone would be interested.
That would be a cool meet. I understand that the last Long Island meet was hugely attended and was a big success. I would defer to those who organized that big meet last time to do so again. I'll certainly show for the afternoon part. The evening, because I have Victor, is a non-starter but that should not stand in anyone's way.

I am going to have a poll to see if anyone wants to do the drive that we did on June 6th. It is a truly amazing because so most of it is really in the boonies on roads that are hardly patrolled at all. It does not go through the part of the Poconos that most folks are familar with. A lot of it is truly in the sticks -- the best place for hard running.

So many members wanted to go but could not get away for a whole day on June 6th. But that meet is really a drive (with a nice lunch) more than anything else. It is a 225 mile or so hard drive (plus getting to the meeting point and getting home from the end in Harriman) with a ton of twisties, sweepers and technical segments, which are my first love. I just love to drive.

But again, given the length and intensity of that kind of a drive, I am sure that it won't have a massive turnout -- unlike a Long Island or Floyd Bennett Field meet which does not require a long drive. But it is such a wonderful run that I want to make it available to those that wanted to go but couldn't. I'll go to both.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='903728' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:24 PM

I'm up for a LI meet/drive/photoshoot - but that's more of a cruise. The only thing, if its not on Friday or Saturday, I can't make it tho

We'll do a thread with more pix tomorrow - Sasha's got some kind of cold, so we're kind of "out sick" for the time being - hopefully nothing serious, though, I'll take her to a Doc. tomorrow

BTW We caught some hang out last night in Edgewater, NJ - there were at least three 550 Maranellos there, 3 or 4 GT-R's, quite a few M5s and M6s, Astons - all kinds of nice cars - it was cool to drop in on all those Boulevardiers with my rims all black from the brake dust haha
Old 06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='903745' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:46 PM
I'm up for a LI meet/drive/photoshoot - but that's more of a cruise. The only thing, if its not on Friday or Saturday, I can't make it tho

We'll do a thread with more pix tomorrow - Sasha's got some kind of cold, so we're kind of "out sick" for the time being - hopefully nothing serious, though, I'll take her to a Doc. tomorrow

BTW We caught some hang out last night in Edgewater, NJ - there were at least three 550 Maranellos there, 3 or 4 GT-R's, quite a few M5s and M6s, Astons - all kinds of nice cars - it was cool to drop in on all those Boulevardiers with my rims all black from the brake dust haha
I hope Sasha feels better soon. Victor also had a cold.

Those sounds like some hot cars. Wish I was there. Yes my wheels are black from all the brake dust from Sat.

I'm going to organize a few more hard driving style meets this summer (half the fun for me and Victor is testing out the route). But I'll attend the cruising meets as well.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='903773' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:12 PM
I hope Sasha feels better soon. Victor also had a cold.

Those sounds like some hot cars. Wish I was there. Yes my wheels are black from all the brake dust from Sat.

I'm going to organize a few more hard driving style meets this summer (half the fun for me and Victor is testing out the route). But I'll attend the cruising meets as well.
We hope Victor gets well soon too!

Thanks again Scott (and Gregg!) for planning and organizing - it was really a great experience!

I was going through the website you mentioned and looking at some routes today - I'm thinking to maybe take that ride to the road we were talking about - I'm actually still unsure which route it is (I think, rte 125 - is that what you said it was?) - taking that ride through the mountains along the Delaware river. I'll go through some maps and find it and maybe fly that route in a few weeks (everyone's welcome to join, btw - I'll post someth in advance to sign up, if I decide to do it). Another run - but this one I really would rather already do in the next ride (535 ) - I wanna do the Dragon Tail run, but that's definitely not a one day affair.

As for that little unofficial car show, I was told that every Saturday night, in Edgewater in the parking lot by the Brooklyn's Pizza (don't know the address there) there's a show like that - I'm definitely going to work that into my Saturday drives if I'm going anywhere West of the city. Would be funny if we showed up there with our fives all covered in bugs and brake dust on the wheels and all - some contrast to all those pampered AMs and Lotuses and Ferraris and Lambos. Anyway, I have to run, but I'll try to post more pics tomorrow in a seperate thread.

PS The LI route that I know is kinda of full of speed traps, but its a gorgeous road IMHO to take on a nice afternoon/evening and we can make a stop somewhere near a lighthouse or on near a beach, maybe even do a BBQ - would be a great summer cruise meet. Let's talk about it...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='903637' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Dwight! Enjoy Cali.
Will do Scott! keep us posted on the next meet.

Quick Reply: **NY/NJ/CT/PA E.60.NET MEET ON JUNE 6TH -- FINAL INFORMATION