Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

World Cup 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525

my sentimental fav is greece...it would be nice for them to have something to cheer about given the economic disaster theyre in right now. but of course im not dumb enough to actually wager money on them LOL

spain should be the hands down fav, unless torres breaks his leg, no other team has the talent they do. its not even close.
argentina is good but messi has a history of playing badly for the national team (blasphemy, i know).
brasil might be good to watch, would love to see pato get the credit he deserves.
england? fo real? i wouldnt be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round. capello or not, they just arent impressive.
i hope france gets annihilated, only because they probably have the worse coach in the history of football, and this guy needs to get the flock out of there. ribery is a great player, but now that zidane is not there, i have no reason to root for france.
italy has my fav league with my some of my fav players (pirlo and nesta) but they lack firepower, unless balotelli plays (which he wont). of course im rooting for jersey joe to do well (ie; giuseppe rossi)

heres the tv schedule....
http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/201...-cup-schedule/

england v. usa and brasil v. portugal are must watch matches.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by pipper
my sentimental fav is greece...it would be nice for them to have something to cheer about given the economic disaster theyre in right now. but of course im not dumb enough to actually wager money on them LOL

spain should be the hands down fav, unless torres breaks his leg, no other team has the talent they do. its not even close.
argentina is good but messi has a history of playing badly for the national team (blasphemy, i know).
brasil might be good to watch, would love to see pato get the credit he deserves.
england? fo real? i wouldnt be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round. capello or not, they just arent impressive.
i hope france gets annihilated, only because they probably have the worse coach in the history of football, and this guy needs to get the flock out of there. ribery is a great player, but now that zidane is not there, i have no reason to root for france.
italy has my fav league with my some of my fav players (pirlo and nesta) but they lack firepower, unless balotelli plays (which he wont). of course im rooting for jersey joe to do well (ie; giuseppe rossi)

heres the tv schedule....
http://www.espnmedia...d-cup-schedule/

You do realize that England had the best qualifying record of any of the European qualifying nations?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

Huh? If England aren't impressive then why would England v USA be a must-see game?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi

Originally Posted by swajames
You do realize that England had the best qualifying record of any of the European qualifying nations?
FIFA ranks England 7th - not 1st. Although it won its Group 6 it had nearly no competition. Where on earth did you gut your authority that it has the best qualifying record???
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by juris335
FIFA ranks England 7th - not 1st. Although it won its Group 6 it had nearly no competition. Where on earth did you gut your authority that it has the best qualifying record???
If you're going to bother getting into a discussion, at least understand the topic before posting.

England scored most points and scored the most goals of any European country in the European World Cup qualifying campaign.

FIFA rankings include all regions. England are 8th (not 7th) in the WORLD rankings.

FIFA's world ranking is based on competitive matches in all competitions. The World Cup qualifying results are but one factor...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Oh boy - why is it that any discussion about the WC always gets heated when the topic is England?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka
Oh boy - why is it that any discussion about the WC always gets heated when the topic is England?
Who are as we speak, right after me bigging them up on here yeterday, losing to Japan in their last warm up match pre the World Cup having turned in their worst performance for a while, with Lampard just missing a penalty (his second successive miss following his miss in the FA Cup Final)

Edit - Not the best performance, far from it, but it ended up with a 2-1 win to England .
Old 05-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Who are as we speak, right after me bigging them up on here yeterday, losing to Japan in their last warm up match pre the World Cup having turned in their worst performance for a while, with Lampard just missing a penalty (his second successive miss following his miss in the FA Cup Final)

Edit - Not the best performance, far from it, but it ended up with a 2-1 win to England .
Seems like I made the right choice - to record the football and watch F1 live (rather than the other way round). Now I think I'll just watch the highlights tonight instead of the whole game.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i
Seems like I made the right choice - to record the football and watch F1 live (rather than the other way round). Now I think I'll just watch the highlights tonight instead of the whole game.
You almost certainly did. I did the reverse... Watched the football and DVR'd the F1
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Contributors

You almost certainly did. I did the reverse... Watched the football and DVR'd the F1
You want to get off here quick then before you get spoilered. It was a great race. There were periods of lap after lap where nothing much happened, but the bits where stuff did happen certainly made up for it.

Quick Reply: World Cup 2010