Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What to tell the judge when the inevitable happens

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

It's been 17 days since I was reunited with my 550. Yes, I agree with Mr. Bush, I AM addicted to oil. I find myself buying a lot more and now, only the good stuff. Compared to oil, marijuana is nothing. I need my fix. And this drug also requires that I drive fast. The car possesses me. I MUST drive fast. If I let someone go by me, I ask myself a question -- am I going to let that happen again. So far I haven't been caught by the police but it's only time. What can I do? Will this need for speed ever abate? When I enter tight turns requiring braking, I don't feel like I am going fast enough unless I see that the safety functions illuminate on the dashboard. Now that I am at 2700 miles, I am almost completely free of the break-in period. Maximum rpms are soon to be the norm. Is there a psychological program I can enter? Will electro-shock therapy hurt? Will the judge cut me some slack when I explain my problem? I wish I could let him (or her) drive the car before they take away my driver's license.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Move to Germany...they don't have speed limits...

But if you get stuck in jail and need someone to buy your car...I will be willing...I am up in Fairfax....

Old 02-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='238663' date='Feb 12 2006, 02:07 AM
Move to Germany...they don't have speed limits...

But if you get stuck in jail and need someone to buy your car...I will be willing...I am up in Fairfax....

or go to australia , or to the isle of man
Old 02-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Glad you are enjoying the car
Let us know if/when you find good help...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DUCKMAN' post='238580' date='Feb 11 2006, 05:53 PM
It's been 17 days since I was reunited with my 550. Yes, I agree with Mr. Bush, I AM addicted to oil. I find myself buying a lot more and now, only the good stuff. Compared to oil, marijuana is nothing. I need my fix. And this drug also requires that I drive fast. The car possesses me. I MUST drive fast. If I let someone go by me, I ask myself a question -- am I going to let that happen again. So far I haven't been caught by the police but it's only time. What can I do? Will this need for speed ever abate? When I enter tight turns requiring braking, I don't feel like I am going fast enough unless I see that the safety functions illuminate on the dashboard. Now that I am at 2700 miles, I am almost completely free of the break-in period. Maximum rpms are soon to be the norm. Is there a psychological program I can enter? Will electro-shock therapy hurt? Will the judge cut me some slack when I explain my problem? I wish I could let him (or her) drive the car before they take away my driver's license.
I for one understand you. But most of the time for me i go even further, going for full fun. DSC completly off, and slides and tire smoke. Also when it comes to speeding i find myself glued to the thorttle. It like if i suddenly floor it i can't take my foot down (of course if conditions are met(traffic)) till i end up at 250. And every time i do it i get a big smile on my face, and a surge of adrenaline.

But the most important thing is the fact that i drive most of the time in town. So traffic is often quite heavy and the roads are not in the best shape to floor it. But there are pices of roads that are either wide enough and good in tarmac quality or traffic free. I have roads like those near my home. Now the strange part comes into play. Whenever i head home i get a tingling sensation to not go home straight away and give it a hard run on those kind of roads even though i detach from the road to home. That happens quite alot and most of the time i follow that senasation. Also i must add that most of the time i'm alone in the car when i do that so there's no room for thinking i'm doing it to show off or smth. It's just for mu pleasure. It's like the car is a little monster that wants to be fed and usual runs to the university or to work don't do it. Then after i had my fun wich lasts a few minutes i head home again returning on the same road. Anyone else experienced stuff like that?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

BetterMakeWay,
I go through that on a daily basis....have to cut down on it though....cant afford to pay any more tickets...
Old 02-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

Originally Posted by DUCKMAN' post='238580' date='Feb 11 2006, 05:53 PM
Reading stuff like me this, just makes my day, let me know the doctor that helps you with curing this rare disease, I can testify many more people will need that doctor's services
Old 02-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='238965' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:20 AM
i get a tingling sensation to not go home straight away

Happens all the time ... I usually get a "where have you been" from the wifey and I sheepishly have to admit that I was just "out for a drive." My family thinks I'm a loon.

Duckman - yes, this is an intense addiction.