Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Vick is back

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='979995' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:43 PM
you know, like i said, he is a dirtbag. he should be allowed come back and be a functioning member of society, not to be a hero making millions of dollars. the real heros are overseas defending your freedom AND DYING for a measly $1509 a month or a whopping $18,108 a year.

Reference: 2009 Military Pay tables for an E-2 with under 2 years of service that is a Private in the Army and a Private first class in the Marine Corps.

micheal vick is a worthless piece of shit and should never be in a position to be a "hero" and a "role model" for children EVER AGAIN.

I agree he is a piece of trash. As far as coming back to society as a functioning member, what else is he going to do???!?!? He hasnt had a real job his entire life. Im sure in highschool he didnt work anything more than a 17 year old kid can. In colllege couldnt have a job because of football. Then made it big in the nfl and that has been his job....You think someone is going to hire this guy? He left VT after his second season. So im sure he didnt graduate. So he is uneducated with no other real life skills.

Proper parenting and educating your children will prevent him from being a role model.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='980032' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:16 PM
I agree he is a piece of trash. As far as coming back to society as a functioning member, what else is he going to do???!?!? He hasnt had a real job his entire life. Im sure in highschool he didnt work anything more than a 17 year old kid can. In colllege couldnt have a job because of football. Then made it big in the nfl and that has been his job....You think someone is going to hire this guy? He left VT after his second season. So im sure he didnt graduate. So he is uneducated with no other real life skills.

Proper parenting and educating your children will prevent him from being a role model.
well, i am sure the NFL would hire him, he just shouldnt be working in the spot light. many ex cons dont have any real life experience. just because he dropped out of college doesnt mean he cant assimilate into society. if he has to take a 40K a year job, so be it.

I am uneducated. Shit, i start community college next week, full time, while i work full time. maybe he needs to finish school while working some shitty job full time like many Americans. "no real life experience" is not grounds to pay the man millions of dollars.

Your are biased because you are a die hard sports fan. if he was a member of a band you didnt know, you would say "screw his second chance"

by the way, the military will take an ex-con.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by melimel' post='979629' date='Aug 17 2009, 03:33 PM
i hate Vick and what he did.. i have bred, showed, and even rescued dogs till this day.. all i have to say is it takes someone sick in the head to do that to an animal.. kill them cause there weak.. use as bait for other dogs? i mean comon people.. it takes a sick demented person who had some fucked up upbringing to be able to do that and have a clear head..(like he even needed the money!!???) thats what gets me even more!!! hes a fool and should be treated like one.. lol...

2 years.. ?? fine whatever.. those poor dogs are scarred for life.. and will never trust another human again! hes a waste of a life if you ask me.. he had alot it seemed.. money.. all these sponsors etc.. whatever all that shit is... he took it for granted though.. oh well.. i say he should never work in the NFL again.. but thats my 10 cents...

hes not even worth speaking of on a thread.. hes a loser!
Are you a vegetarian? Do you find the killing of cows and pigs more humane because we eat them? Is there a moral difference or just an emotional attachment to dogs? How about live cooking of crabs and lobsters? I personally agree that what Vick did is terrible. I also find the hippocracy of his critics hard to swallow. I don't defend his actions, but I defend his right for redemption. The number of NFL players that have committed more serious crimes against their human spouses without rebuke from this forum or the NFL is laughable. As I said, the bandwagon of hippocracy is full
Old 08-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Contributors

For a glimpse into the mind set, intelligence, of Michael Vick, check out his brilliant prose on the Developing Empathy for Animals test that he submitted.
http://blog.peta.org/archives/Empath...ass%20test.pdf

Scroll to page 5 to truly see what the definition of "Loyalty" is.....
Old 08-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='979984' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:33 PM
YAY! except for the dead ones.

my father used to beat me and electrocute me when i was a child, but it is okay. I have been rehabilitated!

...my dad didnt really do that but you get my point

My wife and I are literally crying reading this!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='980134' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:49 PM
Are you a vegetarian? Do you find the killing of cows and pigs more humane because we eat them? Is there a moral difference or just an emotional attachment to dogs? How about live cooking of crabs and lobsters? I personally agree that what Vick did is terrible. I also find the hippocracy of his critics hard to swallow. I don't defend his actions, but I defend his right for redemption. The number of NFL players that have committed more serious crimes against their human spouses without rebuke from this forum or the NFL is laughable. As I said, the bandwagon of hippocracy is full
What's worse to society and as an example to children watching.

1. Flashing a nipple on stage for a moment.
2. Dog fighting.

Okay, not really apples-apples comparison but you get the point.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='980134' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:49 PM
Is "hippocracy" some heretofore undersubscribed political system in which very large semi-aquatic mammals dominate governmental action?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='977839' date='Aug 15 2009, 07:58 PM
I bet if this was a non-millionaire abusing dogs, this would not be in the media or on this forum. Animals are fought, abused, puppy milled every day. Where were all of you animal lovers before? For all of you that want to spit on Vick but never spoke a word before...

I'm sure the topic of why someone who makes millions would get into this type of low-life activity for a $300 bet has probably struck alot of minds. I'm really disgusted of the NFL for even reinstating him as a player. Its like allowing Madoff become the new Treasure of the U.S. Goes to show the NFL isnt a professional association. The NFL would let a serial killer in the league if he could run the 40 in 4 secs.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributors

I guess I'm a hypocrite Rog. I do make a distinction between the raising of animals by federal standards for health and hygiene to be killed quickly and processed into life-sustaining nutrition, as being different from the systematic and long-term torture, for purposes of profit and entertainment, of defenseless pack animals with the capacity to trust and show loyalty for their owners. Vick and his cronies laughed as they tortured and killed these dogs, used the weak ones for bait, and stole neighborhood pets belonging to small childeren to "feed" to their fighting dogs.

Why do I feel comfortable saying this? It's part of my culture, the very defense you tried to use, as Whoopie Goldberg so infamously did, to defend Michael Vick's actions. However, he was not a "poor, sheltered country boy livin' on the farm who don't know no better and needed the money." Not that such a scenerio would make it any less palatable.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

guess im a hypocrite too.. no i am not a vegetarian.. i dont know what that has to do with ANYTHING??? lolol

next---AWG- yea i watched those shows as well.. i think the name was dogtown? or something like that? or maybe that was the show on animal planet? i cant remember either way.. some of those poor pits were so sweet to humans, but had such dog aggression.. it was so sad to watch. truly.. i cried through most of that show i swear!

and im sure nfl husbands have commited more serious crimes too rogeri, but noone posted a thread on it so i cant give my advice on that till someone does.. k? when they do.. believe me i will if that makes you feel better hun

then again what you said is about a human being in a relationship with another human being.. what does that have to do with helpless dogs?? really im not getting what you said.. but i dont want to honeslty

Quick Reply: Vick is back