Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Vick is back

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='980062
I guess I'm a hypocrite Rog. I do make a distinction between the raising of animals by federal standards for health and hygiene to be killed quickly and processed into life-sustaining nutrition, as being different from the systematic and long-term torture, for purposes of profit and entertainment, of defenseless pack animals with the capacity to trust and show loyalty for their owners. Vick and his cronies laughed as they tortured and killed these dogs, used the weak ones for bait, and stole neighborhood pets belonging to small childeren to "feed" to their fighting dogs.

Why do I feel comfortable saying this? It's part of my culture, the very defense you tried to use, as Whoopie Goldberg so infamously did, to defend Michael Vick's actions. However, he was not a "poor, sheltered country boy livin' on the farm who don't know no better and needed the money." Not that such a scenerio would make it any less palatable.
Well said....
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='980590' date='Aug 18 2009, 08:41 AM
guess im a hypocrite too.. no i am not a vegetarian.. i dont know what that has to do with ANYTHING??? lolol

next---AWG- yea i watched those shows as well.. i think the name was dogtown? or something like that? or maybe that was the show on animal planet? i cant remember either way.. some of those poor pits were so sweet to humans, but had such dog aggression.. it was so sad to watch. truly.. i cried through most of that show i swear!

and im sure nfl husbands have commited more serious crimes too rogeri, but noone posted a thread on it so i cant give my advice on that till someone does.. k? when they do.. believe me i will if that makes you feel better hun

then again what you said is about a human being in a relationship with another human being.. what does that have to do with helpless dogs?? really im not getting what you said.. but i dont want to honeslty
Yea it was really sad to see the dogs when they first got them. They put what appeared to be a human hand in the dogs cage to feed them and the dog would destroy it. By the end of the rehab the dogs were good to go! Im glad they were able to recover and save so many of them!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I was once (a long time ago) a member of the same time of ring... I can say now that I cannot stand it and am indeed sorry for participating in theses atrocious acts of barbarism. There is no excuse and will never be.

Tonymac
Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='981209' date='Aug 18 2009, 06:12 PM
Yea it was really sad to see the dogs when they first got them. They put what appeared to be a human hand in the dogs cage to feed them and the dog would destroy it. By the end of the rehab the dogs were good to go! Im glad they were able to recover and save so many of them!
I am not going to discuss this further because it appears you dont have compassion for these animals, or if you do it is overshadowed by your extreme joy of micheal vicks return. i realized there are many other dirtbag professional athletes, I hate them too, sure... but this thread was about vick.

the reason i think your are not compassionate is because you have now, in more then one post, made light of the situation by saying "by the end of rehab, the dogs were good to go!" as if you were picking up a car from the shop. These are lives that have been forever tainted. there will always be a sound or a smell that will remind them of their horrific tortured past. Again the difference between vicks victims and other criminal athletes is their helplessness. if someone hits a woman, she can leave. if someone is selling drugs, nobody has to buy them.

If a child is molested at a young age, does therapy heal the wounds? are the children "good to go" after some therapy?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='981284' date='Aug 19 2009, 01:20 AM
I am not going to discuss this further because it appears you dont have compassion for these animals, or if you do it is overshadowed by your extreme joy of micheal vicks return. i realized there are many other dirtbag professional athletes, I hate them too, sure... but this thread was about vick.

the reason i think your are not compassionate is because you have now, in more then one post, made light of the situation by saying "by the end of rehab, the dogs were good to go!" as if you were picking up a car from the shop. These are lives that have been forever tainted. there will always be a sound or a smell that will remind them of their horrific tortured past. Again the difference between vicks victims and other criminal athletes is their helplessness. if someone hits a woman, she can leave. if someone is selling drugs, nobody has to buy them.

If a child is molested at a young age, does therapy heal the wounds? are the children "good to go" after some therapy?
+1
Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='981284' date='Aug 18 2009, 06:20 PM

your comparing animals to humans. why?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='981284' date='Aug 18 2009, 07:20 PM

Yes, to the extent that abused/tortuted dogs are mentally scarred for life, which they are, there is no undoing the harm.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='980185' date='Aug 17 2009, 11:46 PM
I guess I'm a hypocrite Rog. I do make a distinction between the raising of animals by federal standards for health and hygiene to be killed quickly and processed into life-sustaining nutrition, as being different from the systematic and long-term torture, for purposes of profit and entertainment, of defenseless pack animals with the capacity to trust and show loyalty for their owners. Vick and his cronies laughed as they tortured and killed these dogs, used the weak ones for bait, and stole neighborhood pets belonging to small childeren to "feed" to their fighting dogs.

Why do I feel comfortable saying this? It's part of my culture, the very defense you tried to use, as Whoopie Goldberg so infamously did, to defend Michael Vick's actions. However, he was not a "poor, sheltered country boy livin' on the farm who don't know no better and needed the money." Not that such a scenerio would make it any less palatable.
+100000
Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='979995' date='Aug 17 2009, 05:43 PM
you know, like i said, he is a dirtbag. he should be allowed come back and be a functioning member of society, not to be a hero making millions of dollars. the real heros are overseas defending your freedom AND DYING for a measly $1509 a month or a whopping $18,108 a year.

Reference: 2009 Military Pay tables for an E-2 with under 2 years of service that is a Private in the Army and a Private first class in the Marine Corps.

micheal vick is a worthless piece of shit and should never be in a position to be a "hero" and a "role model" for children EVER AGAIN.
I wish all of you guys that are condemning Michael Vick to never play football again or feel that he is scum and should be wiped off the face of the Earth, take a step back and think things through. If one of your friends (an athlete) knowingly drank and drive and killed someone (or any other felony), are you saying you would be against him or her working again as an athlete? The fact is the guy went to prison, served his time, lost his fortune, and still got punished even after returning to his profession. It is ok to deplore what he did (I do as well), but allow the man a second chance (he had never had any other criminal offense).

Your second point about military being the real heroes I completely agree with. However, Michael Vick IS NOT A ROLE MODEL. Parents have to make the distinction to their children between role models and public figures. It is not Michael Vick's fault for deficiencies in parenting. As for pay scales, you have to admit there are not too many people that can do what these athletes can do. Its supply and demand man.

And finally, to all those who are claiming cruelty to animals is worst thing ever, have you seen how chickens are killed for food in this nation? Have you ever bought a puppy from those pet shops that get their puppies from puppy farms? have you every seen the living conditions of many livestock in this nation? It is a tad hypocritical to feel so righteous over this cause and not others.( for those that are active in animal rights groups, this does not pertain to you).

*off soapbox now* Rip away!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soluna143' post='981368' date='Aug 18 2009, 08:45 PM
And finally, to all those who are claiming cruelty to animals is worst thing ever, have you seen how chickens are killed for food in this nation? Have you ever bought a puppy from those pet shops that get their puppies from puppy farms? have you every seen the living conditions of many livestock in this nation? It is a tad hypocritical to feel so righteous over this cause and not others.( for those that are active in animal rights groups, this does not pertain to you).

*off soapbox now* Rip away!
I only eat fish and organically raised chicken. I would never buy a puppy and I condemn those who do. I dont go to zoos and i refuse to go to carnivals, circuses, etc

oh, I just read the last part in parenthesis. I am a member of the ASPCA

Quick Reply: Vick is back