Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Vick is back

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='976710' date='Aug 14 2009, 01:29 PM
that man was not helpless, he was walking across a road. I am not taking away from the fact that stallworth killed someone BUT... this guy could have looked both ways before crossing the road. i know i do, and i wont get hit by a car. those animals had no choice.

animals and children are helpless. an adult to preoccupied to see if traffic is coming is not.
Craig i typically agree with a lot of what you say but when it comes to this i cant believe you said it.

The man was not helpless BUT Stallworth blew over double the legal limit and killed a PERSON not a DOG a PERSON. Imo what stallworth did is way beyond what Vick did. Stallworth served less than 30 days in jail for blowing over double the legal limit and killing a human.

Vick served a year for animal abuse, gambling across state lines, and a few other charges. Vick was sentenced mostly because of illegal gambling, gambling over state lines, not for killing animals.

dogs are loving animals who do depend on people and shouldnt be treated like that. At the end of the day killing a person is way worse than killing a dog. This is my opinion, if you think a dog is more important than someones husband, father, brother, or dad then im shocked.

Vick is a pretty sick bastard but i think its time to cut him slack and try to redeem himself. If he screws again then throw the book at him.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

This has been a fascinatimg thread to watch unfold. Many members' comments about whether Mr. Vick should be forgiven for his transgressions have really surprised me. In particular, I've been surprised that some members who seem like die hard conservatives have expressed that Vick should be given a second chance -- not the attitude that I expected from conservatives. Conversely, some of the members whose political views seem to be on the liberal end of the spectrum want to fry Vick rather than forgive him -- a very unliberal position. Just all very interesting to read.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='976916' date='Aug 14 2009, 04:51 PM
This has been a fascinatimg thread to watch unfold. Many members' comments about whether Mr. Vick should be forgiven for his transgressions have really surprised me. In particular, I've been surprised that some members who seem like die hard conservatives have expressed that Vick should be given a second chance -- not the attitude that I expected from conservatives. Conversely, some of the members whose political views seem to be on the liberal end of the spectrum want to fry Vick rather than forgive him -- a very unliberal position. Just all very interesting to read.
If you are talking about me being conservative i will same when it comes to things like this im more liberal. I really dont care if two gay guys in cali want to run off and get married. Who cares, let them be and stop wasting money on the issue. If a girl gets raped i think she should get to choose if she wants to keep it or abort it. I dont let religion factor into my views. I think religion causes more problems then its worth.

Although in almost every economical issues im conservative and will remain that way.

It might be because im a women but im pretty forgiving and want to see the best in people. Unlike some criminals Vick stepped up and did what was right. He admitted it, took his punishment, served his time, and has paid for it. If he were to screw up again i would say show no mercy.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='976780' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:31 PM
In many ways that may be the BEST job for him. It puts his life in a very bright spotlight for such kids. It affords them 2 important lessons about life - bad behaviors can lead to very real consequences. The loss of freedom (jail time), the loss of financial stability (going from highly paid to bankrupt in an instant), the loss of trust, and the loss of reputation. But, it also illustrates that there is hope and opportunities if one changes their ways and contributes positively to society. It shows the value and power of forgiveness, while illustrating that doesn't mean forgetting. These are the kinds of lessons that should be taught to troubled youths - that you can have a chance at a great life if you are willing to change and work for forgiveness. He isn't living as though nothing has happened. He is living as someone where a whole lot HAS happened, and he is ensuring that others not follow in those footsteps.
But what message will the kids get?

The only message is, you can get away with a bit time in jail and still be a superstar making millions, so crime isn't that bad at all, just a bit prison and you're back to normal...
IMHO we are sending out the wrong message.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='975804' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:08 PM
Even more fodder for me rooting for my beloved New York Giants to crush the Eagles.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='976925' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:02 PM
But what message will the kids get?

The only message is, you can get away with a bit time in jail and still be a superstar making millions, so crime isn't that bad at all, just a bit prison and you're back to normal...
IMHO we are sending out the wrong message.
Like every kid, the message received would be that which the parents and those who DIRECTLY influence them choose to give. In this case, the man has 1) Spent time in prison 2) Lost all his money, endorsements, and the like 3) Is bankrupt and will have to repay millions 4) Will always be thought of as an animal killer. Somehow the normalcy in that is lost on me. His talent is one within entertainment. That is his trade. We can debate the idiocy in paying athletes obscene amounts of money, but that's another topic for another day. What kind of message are we sending our kids if we wax poetic about the importance of forgiveness, of showing contrition, and of fairness, when we are quick to burn at the stake, in spite of the preceding? Would it be OK if he made hundred's of thousands in his trade? Tens of thousands? Or would it be better for him to never again be able to use his talent, fall off the radar, and become another washed-up has been strung out on drugs, alcohol, or worse? EDIT: It's kinda like those of us who used to drive around all the time with fog lights on. A certain someone taught us the error of our ways and some have since changed them. Should those folks still have their fog-lights revoked?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='976886' date='Aug 14 2009, 05:14 PM
Craig i typically agree with a lot of what you say but when it comes to this i cant believe you said it.

The man was not helpless BUT Stallworth blew over double the legal limit and killed a PERSON not a DOG a PERSON. Imo what stallworth did is way beyond what Vick did. Stallworth served less than 30 days in jail for blowing over double the legal limit and killing a human.

Vick served a year for animal abuse, gambling across state lines, and a few other charges. Vick was sentenced mostly because of illegal gambling, gambling over state lines, not for killing animals.

dogs are loving animals who do depend on people and shouldnt be treated like that. At the end of the day killing a person is way worse than killing a dog. This is my opinion, if you think a dog is more important than someones husband, father, brother, or dad then im shocked.

Vick is a pretty sick bastard but i think its time to cut him slack and try to redeem himself. If he screws again then throw the book at him.
i think you misinterpreted what i was saying. I may have incorrectly portrayed my thoughts, i will attempt to clear this up:

I think stallworth should have gone to jail for a lot longer. obviously drinking and driving is unacceptable. I DO NOT think he is entirely responsible for killing than man. I dont care if someone is 4 times over the legal limit doing the speed of sound, I am not walking in front of his car. just because pedestrians have the right of way doesn't mean you can be completely oblivious to your surroundings.

I was not saying stallworth shouldn't be penalized further. Might that man be alive today if not for stallworth drinking and driving? maybe, maybe not. might he be alive today if he was watching where he was going while crossing the road? most definitely yes.

I think both men did horrible things, IMO unforgivable. I think they should have to live with their mistakes on their conscience for the rest of their lives. the difference is: I believe this will haunt stallworth, and it is not TOTALLY his fault. I dont believe micheal vick gives a shit, and the destruction and demise of those poor innocent animals is COMPLETELY vicks fault.

Stallworth should be nailed to the wall legally for drinking and driving, but that man dying is NOT entirely his fault.

both men are wrong and should be punished to the max. obviously i agree a human life is far more valuable than a dogs life (dont tell oscar i said that) but these two circumstances are FAR different, and the dogs were victims and I dont view the man that stallworth hit as a victim. obviously the criminal justice system felt the same way i do.

the stallworth case was a combination of criminal negligence and darwinism.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='976942' date='Aug 14 2009, 05:23 PM
Like every kid, the message received would be that which the parents and those who DIRECTLY influence them choose to give. In this case, the man has 1) Spent time in prison 2) Lost all his money, endorsements, and the like 3) Is bankrupt and will have to repay millions 4) Will always be thought of as an animal killer. Somehow the normalcy in that is lost on me. His talent is one within entertainment. That is his trade. We can debate the idiocy in paying athletes obscene amounts of money, but that's another topic for another day. What kind of message are we sending our kids if we wax poetic about the importance of forgiveness, of showing contrition, and of fairness, when we are quick to burn at the stake, in spite of the preceding? Would it be OK if he made hundred's of thousands in his trade? Tens of thousands? Or would it be better for him to never again be able to use his talent, fall off the radar, and become another washed-up has been strung out on drugs, alcohol, or worse? EDIT: It's kinda like those of us who used to drive around all the time with fog lights on. A certain someone taught us the error of our ways and some have since changed them. Should those folds still have their fog-lights revoked?
+ a lot of points
Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I think there's something to be said for the time and premediatation involved. I mean, I get really drunk and run over people all the time. Who doesn't? Michael Vick was contemplating what he was doing and covering up for years. The real question is, why does he hate America?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Word is Vick may be reconsidering... Apparently he thought he was actually signing up to get some Philadelphia beagles...

Quick Reply: Vick is back