Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: do u agree, disagree w this statement?
true
73.33%
false
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

universal healthcare...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
I have to disagree here Marc, it is too easy to say that when you and your family are healthy (thankfully). Those with long term health concerns (diabetes, cancer, etc) are currently facing financial ruin because of the limits of private insurance. Even us, we are only an accident away from losing everything we have ever worked for, all it takes is one extended hospital stay you will be bankrupt.
To some degree that's right, but we will have to see how this heathcare bill will affect everything else, if it does eliminate private companies, provides shit care, decreases care for old citizens, and decreases the overall quality of care, then yes the cons will have outweighed the pros. For all of us.

As always, time will tell. There is nothing we can do to change it now.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
To some degree that's right, but we will have to see how this heathcare bill will affect everything else, if it does eliminate private companies, provides shit care, decreases care for old citizens, and decreases the overall quality of care, then yes the cons will have outweighed the pros. For all of us.

As always, time will tell. There is nothing we can do to change it now.

Agreed, now that is has passed we are simply in a "wait and see" mode. If it actually improves things great, if it doesn't - scrap it please.

In what I've read so far this bill is NOT an end all be all for healthcare, it is potentially a step in the right direction to be sure, but it will have to be improved and modified as it goes along.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Is vision and dental going to be covered under "prevention" I wonder? Healthy teeth and the ability to see can really affect your health in the future
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Is vision and dental going to be covered under "prevention" I wonder? Healthy teeth and the ability to see can really affect your health in the future

Man I hope so, have you noticed how crappy dental coverage is? $1500 yearly? LOL my dentist charges that for normal cleaning!!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

some insurance companies have started to recognize the correlation to between oral plaque and arterial plaque build up. I know our dental plan now covers 4 cleanings per yr (vs. the standard 2 offered by most dental plans) due to these results found. I would think with this new plan, preventative care has not been given an operational definition (AFAIK), so it will be left up to ins companies I would think for now....
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
some insurance companies have started to recognize the correlation to between oral plaque and arterial plaque build up. I know our dental plan now covers 4 cleanings per yr (vs. the standard 2 offered by most dental plans) due to these results found. I would think with this new plan, preventative care has not been given an operational definition (AFAIK), so it will be left up to ins companies I would think for now....
That is actually one of the things that worries me Gene
Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Well isn't this rich..... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=123670612
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

now im completely impartial to the whole thing, honestly i didnt vote nor do i care really either way. i do understand that its a huge topic of very heated debate. to be honest i'm completely non political and unbiased, between either party. i like to look at an issue and just see it w an unbiased eye before i make any final decisions on where i stand, as most rational people do. ive read all the opinions posted so far about this, and i wasnt looking for anymore debate.. feel free if u want to though ill read.

anyways i came across this quote and although crude had alot imo of good "points" "questions"? idk? what do u all think? i chuckled as i do for most everything going on.... what i did think to myself was could someone right-wing(ish) write one of these from there point of view? for the non-politically savvy that could make someone like myself chuckle as well?

also i know theres alot of u who dont live here so u might be unfamiliar w whats going on.. but from what i heard america is now like canada or something

thx, skl

what tool posted all that bs, are we supposed to care if someone takes some bs liberal talking points and posts them as if they are actually true?

i dont have the time or desire to school some on the facts of life, I'll just say that most of that list is completely and utterly false, and the rest are not an issue to bother wasting time on

we'll see who's right and who's wrong in due time

ps, just a sample of the BS...

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq.[1][2] It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq. The Act was cited in October 2002 to argue for the authorization of military force against the Iraqi government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

That makes sense about that plaque thing gene, it would seem like the worse food u eat the more plaque will build up over time even w brushing, and the arterial plaque would def build up faster eating junk.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630
what tool posted all that bs, are we supposed to care if someone takes some bs liberal talking points and posts them as if they are actually true?

i dont have the time or desire to school some on the facts of life, I'll just say that most of that list is completely and utterly false, and the rest are not an issue to bother wasting time on

ps, just a sample of the BS...

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq.[1][2] It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq. The Act was cited in October 2002 to argue for the authorization of military force against the Iraqi government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act
[quoteThe Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq.[1][2] It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq. The Act was cited in October 2002 to argue for the authorization of military force against the Iraqi government.][/quote]

ok I can see that myth busted

u sound like my Christian ex-girlfriend haha

Quick Reply: universal healthcare...